Amazon kindle eBook reductions, bargains, freebies - post your finds here!

Comments

• AbbieCadabra
    AbbieCadabra Posts: 1,707 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    sarah1972 wrote: »
    No, its £7.99 a month.

All info here https://www.amazon.co.uk/kindle-dbs/hz/signup?_encoding=UTF8&*entries*=0&*Version*=1

The same as music unlimited is extra if you have prime.

sorry, i'm obviously being very thick, that link just took me to unlimited books (I'm already paying for kindle unlimited).

so, to get access to unlimited as I do with my membership now, NOT prime, I still have to pay £7.99 on top of prime membership? Prime books i'd have access to are not the same as unlimited??

thanks
  • Locky
    Locky Posts: 1,019 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    If you've got Amazon Prime, you have access to over a thousand books, magazines, comics, Kindle Singles, etc. and you can borrow 10 at a time.

With Kindle Unlimited (£7.99 extra a month), you have access to over 1 million titles, thousands of audiobooks and a rotating selection of magazines on any device.
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,890 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    sorry, i'm obviously being very thick, that link just took me to unlimited books (I'm already paying for kindle unlimited).

so, to get access to unlimited as I do with my membership now, NOT prime, I still have to pay £7.99 on top of prime membership? Prime books i'd have access to are not the same as unlimited??

thanks

Yes you would pay Prime and £7.99 on top.

With Prime, you have access to over a thousand books, magazines, comics etc

With Kindle Unlimited which is £7.99 a month, you have access to over 1 million titles, thousands of audiobooks and magazines.

Its the same with Music, I have prime and have access to loads of music but if I wanted over a million songs I would have to pay a monthly charge.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • AbbieCadabra
    AbbieCadabra Posts: 1,707 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    brilliant, thank you all :)

sorry for being so dense, going through a really stressful time at the moment but keeping reading is the only thing keeping me calm.

I won't bother with Prime when my Kindle deal runs out soon (I paid for 2 years in advance on a deal), will keep to the £7.99 p/mth option on unlimited, still good value as I must be reading about 12-15 per month at moment.

thanks again :)
  • iscamaid
    iscamaid Posts: 297 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    sarah1972 wrote: »
    Yes you would pay Prime and £7.99 on top.

With Prime, you have access to over a thousand books, magazines, comics etc

With Kindle Unlimited which is £7.99 a month, you have access to over 1 million titles, thousands of audiobooks and magazines.

Its the same with Music, I have prime and have access to loads of music but if I wanted over a million songs I would have to pay a monthly charge.

I found out this week that you get free 4 audiobooks a month with Amazon Prime as well. Just ask Alexa - "what free audiobooks do you have" and she will tell you all titles. This month they have Emma and Michael Palins "Around the Wrld in 80 days". I was really pleased with this find.

I love audiobooks and they can get pricey through Audible (though I recently did a great deal on 4 months subscription). I have also found audiobooks can be consdierably cheaper if you get them via "Whyspersync". So if you get a Kindle book of the day at 99p and it has Whyspersync you can buy the accompanying audiobook often for uner £4 (saving massively on full price Audible).
  • Locky
    Locky Posts: 1,019 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Say Nothing by Brad Parks is currently free.
  • InA
    InA Posts: 224 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Philip Pullman's La Belle Sauvage: The Book of Dust, Volume 1 is currently available for 99p.

Today only!

• pattycake
    pattycake Posts: 1,576 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    InA wrote: »
    Philip Pullman's La Belle Sauvage: The Book of Dust, Volume 1 is currently available for 99p.

Today only!

My granddaughter is named after the heroine of His Dark Materials trilogy so I’ll look forward to reading this prequel. Thank you.
  • *cupcake*
    *cupcake* Posts: 32 Forumite
    The Hannibal Lecter books by Thomas Harris are all currently 99p each

Red Dragon

The Silence Of The Lambs

Hannibal

Hannibal Rising
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income