Pure Planet reviews: add your feedback

Comments

• w0z wrote: »
    The comment simply says if you decide not to stay you can switch to another supplier, (btw there is no exit penalty).
    Not arrogant at all.

Depends on how you read it and based on my experience with Pure Planet, I read it as arrogant.
  • I moved into a new property at the end of September and a comparison said Pure Planet would be cheapest for us so we switched... since then they’ve switched the wrong electricity meter and continued to take my direct debit despite several emails.

My old supplier are also taking payment for our current meter (confirmed via the serial number) so for 2 months right before Christmas I’m paying for someone else’s electricity and they seem incapable of fixing it and ignored many emails. Annoyingly it appears my gas has been switched correctly so I can’t even cancel the direct debit.

The fact there’s also no phone number has ensured this has been the most frustrating company I’ve ever dealt the misfortune of dealing with! :mad:
  • PurePlanet
    PurePlanet Posts: 199
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Organisation Representative
    superbull wrote: »
    I moved into a new property at the end of September and a comparison said Pure Planet would be cheapest for us so we switched... since then they’ve switched the wrong electricity meter and continued to take my direct debit despite several emails.

My old supplier are also taking payment for our current meter (confirmed via the serial number) so for 2 months right before Christmas I’m paying for someone else’s electricity and they seem incapable of fixing it and ignored many emails. Annoyingly it appears my gas has been switched correctly so I can’t even cancel the direct debit.

The fact there’s also no phone number has ensured this has been the most frustrating company I’ve ever dealt the misfortune of dealing with! :mad:

Hi superbull
    We don't have a call centre because because we want to keep our costs as low as possible. This means we can pass on savings to our Members.
    If you need to ask a question that is specific to your account, you can ask WattBot, our app’s digital assistant. Head to ‘help’ in the app menu and ask it a question.
    And you need to message the team, type ‘message the team’ into WattBot and they will respond. It’s not a live-chat service but someone will always get back to you - they work office hours Monday to Friday.

Marc @ Pure Planet
    Verified Company
    I am a verified representative of Pure Planet. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the Verified Companies list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
  • Just joined Pure Planet. Chosen because KWh’s were the cheapest.
    Within a few days they have raised the KWh charges!! Really annoying. Think I’m still within the 14 day cut off. Shall I stay or shall I go now?
  • System
    System Posts: 178,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    JoH6 wrote: »
    Just joined Pure Planet. Chosen because KWh’s were the cheapest.
    Within a few days they have raised the KWh charges!! Really annoying. Think I’m still within the 14 day cut off. Shall I stay or shall I go now?

That is a decision that only you can take. If it is any comfort, from 1 January, the Default Tariff will limit future tariff changes in the period up to 1 April 2019. Thereafter, ML suggests that the Default might increase from £1137 to £1250 for a tropical user. No doubt other variable tariffs will increase.
  • The switch wen per fact and awaiting for my first bill and request for meter reading after the set up. However had an email notification yesterday that prices are going up on 15th Jan. I was filly aware that this was not a fixed term contract and prices were subject to change. However was not expecting to see an increase so soon after signing up. Was this a ploy to get people to sign up?
  • jaybeetoo
    jaybeetoo Posts: 1,335
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    superbull wrote: »
    .....this has been the most frustrating company I’ve ever dealt the misfortune of dealing with! :mad:

You’ve obviously never dealt with Outfox The Market!

:rotfl:
  • PurePlanet
    PurePlanet Posts: 199
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Organisation Representative
    UDAY wrote: »
    The switch wen per fact and awaiting for my first bill and request for meter reading after the set up. However had an email notification yesterday that prices are going up on 15th Jan. I was filly aware that this was not a fixed term contract and prices were subject to change. However was not expecting to see an increase so soon after signing up. Was this a ploy to get people to sign up?

Hi UDAY
    I understand it's frustrating because you've just joined us.
    We've one, simple tariff that's variable - it can go up as well as down - and when it does someone, somewhere will have just joined us... so it's nothing personal.

Marc @ Pure Planet
    Verified Company
    I am a verified representative of Pure Planet. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the Verified Companies list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
  • mark55man
    mark55man Posts: 7,905
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    How quickly are we going to see a reduction in price, now that the global markets for oil and other energy costs have fallen significantly in the past month?
    I think I saw you in an ice cream parlour
    Drinking milk shakes, cold and long
    Smiling and waving and looking so fine
  • wavelets
    wavelets Posts: 1,164
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    mark88man wrote: »
    How quickly are we going to see a reduction in price, now that the global markets for oil and other energy costs have fallen significantly in the past month?

Oil prices rise on planned Opec cuts

Were there any price rises indicated by Pure Planet recently? The last price change I can remember was one advised early Septemebr, that came into force the beginning of October.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback