Add your feedback on energy supplier Scottish Power

Comments

• Same here. They haven't moved my account, just done a switch. And I keep getting emails saying everything has been carried over and the change will pass seamlessly, but all they want is my meter readings and banking details. No way to contact them otherwise, no online help, no phone number.

Just like a scammer.
  • hybernia
    hybernia Posts: 390 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    soapy9990 wrote: »
    I am being moved to Scottish Power because of collapse of Extraenergy. Scottish Power sent an email and I clicked the link (not happy) to put in my meter readings and was offered a continuation tariff. I then clicked "accept this tariff". Up popped a box with no options except to click "accept a 2 year deal" at greater cost. No way of closing pop up. Phoned, spoke with a lady who also could only offer/sell a 2 year deal and saying that deal was the only one with no exit fees. Not sure what is happening now. Scottish Power seems not to have an email address!! and their "help" section is hopeless.
    Will be moving to another supplier asap.

As Hengus posted above, the email address for Spanish Power is:

contactus@scottishpower.com

As befits an outfit with one of the worst, if not the worst, customer service record in the energy supplier industry, the company has gone to considerable lengths to (a) remove its contact details from its website -- where it once upon a time featured its postal address, email address, and phone numbers grouped together -- and (b) shift the email address out to page 3 of a 'Complaints' brochure that must be downloaded before you can find out anything else.

Spanish Power has made these changes in the wake of £multi-million fines and stinging criticism from OFGEM. Perhaps OFGEM might now like to look at its blatant disregard for the Code of Conduct (voluntary) to which industry majors have signed up, seeing as how, as a signatory, Spanish Power very clearly has not the slightest intention of behaving with anything approaching integrity. It presumably thinks OFGEM is stupid (an opinion with which I have some sympathy) in the same way it thinks its customers are stupid.

This deliberate obfuscation of the channel by which written communication can occur surprises me not in the slightest, seeing as how it is written comms -- NOT telephone conversations -- that are of evidenciary worth to OFGEM in the event of a customer complain / claim for compensation: after all, any such conversation can easily be denied by SP or its content disputed.

Hengus's observation about any reply you may (or may not, ever) receive coming from "offshore" is particularly valid, seeing as how the extended row our family had with this Spanish-owned outfit went so far as to involve the receipt of emails including one written entirely in Spanish and another entirely in German. For the most part though, written exchanges seemed to involve a call centre in India where understanding of the English language was inexplicably fitful.

It might seem that SP's latest stunt of inviting customers using its website to "ask the community" is an improvement when in fact, it's just a cosmetic, designed to look engaging but in reality just another way of further distancing SP from its responsibilities. (But hopefully, "the community" will soon diminish to the point that there'll be no-one left to respond to anything anyway.)

Best of luck, and yes, the sooner you can get as far as possible from this appalling outfit, the better. It really shouldn't still be in business as a UK licensed energy supplier.
  • Arefer
    Arefer Posts: 48 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    michaels wrote: »
    Tried to switch to SP from Out Fox The Market. SP claim they have no contact details for OFTM so are unable to take over the supply. What a load of b*llocks, OFTM have 300k customers.

SP withdrew the (comparison website only) tariff shortly after the attempted switch - seems like they are trying to avoid putting people on to a good value tariff.

Same experience here today. My switch was also rejected by Scottish Power due to the same reason.
  • D_M_E
    D_M_E Posts: 3,008 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Scottish Power postal address

Scottish Power
    Customer Services
    Freepost SCO5388
    320 St. Vincent Street
    Glasgow
    G2 5AD

Chief Executive is Keith Anderson, email keith.anderson@scottishpower.com

Try sending your complaint to both of the above.
  • Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,913 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Hm, this might explain why I've received sod all from Scottish Power contact wise as I'm moving from OFTM but I've received no correspondence whatsoever, so I'm presuming no news is good news. That being said, I've managed to get a transfer going for the gas - Zog appear to have managed to make contact and seem happy to get things going so I'm quite surprised SP don't appear able to do it.
  • michaels
    michaels Posts: 28,003 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Neil_Jones wrote: »
    Hm, this might explain why I've received sod all from Scottish Power contact wise as I'm moving from OFTM but I've received no correspondence whatsoever, so I'm presuming no news is good news. That being said, I've managed to get a transfer going for the gas - Zog appear to have managed to make contact and seem happy to get things going so I'm quite surprised SP don't appear able to do it.

As I had heard nothing I chased energy linx and within 24 hours got this email about the switch failing. Phoned energy linx who said I was not the only one who had this problem and they were trying to get a list from SP of suppliers they don't take switches forms o these do not appear on their comparison engine.

Also spoke to SP sales who seemed to think they could switch me but not onto the now withdrawn b5 broker only tariff and that the energy lynx application they had received had not had the current supplier details. Tried to put me through to cs from sales for possibly more info but the call got cut off.

However even if we ever get to the bottom off what was the problem it is not going to get us onto the competitive fix we went for.
    I think....
  • joe134
    joe134 Posts: 3,336 Forumite
    edited 1 December 2018 at 9:56AM
    Hengus wrote: »
    Try contactus@scottishpower.com

You may have to wait a week or so for a reply as it seems to come from somewhere offshore. You might also get some weird responses such as 'xxxxxxxxxxxxx or words to that effect' as if the respondent was taking down advice from a colleague verbatim. I am pleased that I only had a brief period of time with them.
    As a long standing sp customer, I have never had any bother with them over my 20 year period.
    Having spoken to them several times in the last few weeks, their CS is based in Warrington, hardly overseas, and answered in a few minutes every time !
    On this number.08000270072
    Their chat line is overseas, also very good.
    Seems I have been dealing with a different company than some others.
    Their b5 tariff is still available on comparison sites.
    I switched to it, then back again only two weeks ago.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    joe134 wrote: »
    As a long standing sp customer, I have never had any bother with them over my 20 year period.
    Having spoken to them several times in the last few weeks, their CS is based in Warrington, hardly overseas, and answered in a few minutes every time !
    Their chat line is overseas, also very good.
    Seems I have been dealing with a different company than some others.

Their e-mail responses are most certainly coming from somewhere where English is not the respondent's first language. This is typical of the responses that I was getting from SP having told them we legally completed on a new build property in July:

Quote: Having checked the records as I can see that the period of 29th March 18 to 26th July 18 is in a different name, hence, I would request you to provide the sale deed so that we can amend our records as the tenancy period involves more than 1 year Unquote

As far as customer service performance is concerned, their website shows the following:

Calls answered in Sep 18 - 458207

Contact First Time Resolution - 72%

Response time - 94 secs average

Responding to web contacts and e-mails in less than 48 hours - 30%

Responding to correspondence in less than 5 days - 33%

For those who might be interested, SP's Annual Complaint Report is here:

https://www.scottishpower.co.uk/about-us/performance/complaintsperformance/annual-complaints-report
  • Anthorn
    Anthorn Posts: 4,362 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 1 December 2018 at 10:16AM
    however for dual fuel
    joe134 wrote: »

Not true: As I've reported in other threads, I just checked MSE CEC and uSwitch searching specifically for Scottish Power and the Super Saver Dec 19 B5 is not listed. The cheapest Scottish Power tariff in my region, Eastern, is Online Fixed Price Energy December 2019. You could however continue to claim that the B5 tariff is still available in your region as you've done in other threads.

In the eastern region for dual fuel and including Warm Home Discount, as listed by uSwitch, the Scottish Power 0nline Fixed Price Energy December 2019 is beaten by First Utility, Lumo, Bristol Energy (three times), EDF, Powershop, Npower, Zebra* and British Gas. Evident therefore that Scottish Power has ceased to be competitive.

*Doubt hangs over whether Zebra offers Warm Home Discount. uSwitch says it does but Zebra is not listed on the list of providers:
  • michaels
    michaels Posts: 28,003 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Anthorn wrote: »
    however for dual fuel

Not true: As I've reported in other threads, I just checked MSE CEC and uSwitch searching specifically for Scottish Power and the Super Saver Dec 19 B5 is not listed. The cheapest Scottish Power tariff in my region, Eastern, is Online Fixed Price Energy December 2019. You could however continue to claim that the B5 tariff is still available in your region as you've done in other threads.

In the eastern region for dual fuel and including Warm Home Discount, as listed by uSwitch, the Scottish Power 0nline Fixed Price Energy December 2019 is beaten by First Utility, Lumo, Bristol Energy (three times), EDF, Powershop, Npower, Zebra* and British Gas. Evident therefore that Scottish Power has ceased to be competitive.

*Doubt hangs over whether Zebra offers Warm Home Discount. uSwitch says it does but Zebra is not listed on the list of providers:

Are we certain yet that the problem is SP and not energy lynx?
    I think....
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure