My journey to a debt free life

Options

Comments

• Chrystal
    Chrystal Posts: 1,852 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Another one here thinking about crafting... I need to recover the dining chairs and make roman blinds for the kitchen window and door. Got everything I need except the 'oomph' :o

Hope you have a better nights sleep tonight. X
    I Believe.....
    That it isn't always enough, to be forgiven by others.
    Sometimes, you have to learn to forgive yourself.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery
    Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.

happiness isn't achieved by getting extra things,
    but by getting rid of the things that make you unhappy
  • Onebrokelady
    Onebrokelady Posts: 7,385 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Chrystal wrote: »
    Another one here thinking about crafting... I need to recover the dining chairs and make roman blinds for the kitchen window and door. Got everything I need except the 'oomph' :o

Hope you have a better nights sleep tonight. X
    Thanks Crystal,I slept really well last night :j
    I know what you mean about having everything but the oomph, I still haven't picked my sewing up,I'm thinking tomorrow now as I'm at home all day and haven't got anything planned,once I start I will be ok but it's getting started that's the problem
    Original Debt Owed Jan 18 = £17,630 Paid To Date = £6,080.1 Owed = £11,549.9
  • Onebrokelady
    Options
    What a weird day weather wise,it's been grey and miserable looking as well as windy but it's really really warm,even the wind is warm,I went out with no coat on today as I just didn't need it, ''twas lovely though
    Myself and DD had a trip into town today becasue she needed a dress and some shoes for a wedding reception she is going to tonight,we were lucky and found a dress in the first shop we went in and shoes in the second,this never happens,we usually walk round all day and then go home empty handed,she bought a lovely dress that also fits me,so I will be able to borrow it for our Xmas party if I end up going:j
    I'm now home and chilling out with a coffee for a bit before I take the dog out for her evening walk,then it's home shower and pjs on,I have a bar of fruit and nut to keep me company and the house to myself later
    I still haven't picked up my sewing as I'm too tired but I am determined to make a start on it tomorrow,I might do some later if I wake up a bit but I don't want to mess it up and end up having to unpick my work
    I also have a new book to read it's the follow on from The Bear and The Nighingale,it's called The Girl In The Tower,it's new but DD managed to find it in our local library so now we get to read it for free which is a massive bonus:j
  • Onebrokelady
    Options
    I've just been catching up on the diaries that I'm subscribed to tonight and I'm feeling inspired again,so I am going to try to aim for some NSDs again and try to remember to record them here,I think also from next payday when I do my budget I will record all my spending here as well,I have tried to keep receipts and totally spends every month but I always lose them or forget to get one,so I think recording spends as they happen might be the way forward,hopefully this will make me more mindful of how much I'm spending and what I'm spending on
    I've really lost the plot over the last couple of months and have not been paying as much attention as I should,but I'm determined to get back to business and crack on with being frugal
    I have to say thanks to Cumbria lass as it's her diary that has inspired me this evening:beer:
  • Chrystal
    Options
    Glad you've got your positive head back on, and I'm sure it won't take you long to get yourself back on track. ((hugs))
    I Believe.....

• Onebrokelady
    Options
    Glad you've got your positive head back on, and I'm sure it won't take you long to get yourself back on track. ((hugs))
    I think I just need to keep coming here and stay focused,I'm looking at my budget tomorrow to see if I can make any adjustments that will allow me to stay on my reduced hours,I have until the end of the month to make up my mind:)
  • Onebrokelady
    edited 14 October 2018 at 5:21PM
    Options
    Another wet windy day here,I was going to say miserable but it's not actually,I'm at home in the warm watching the weather through the window knowing I don't have to go out if I don't want to

I didn't get to bed until really late last night and then woke up at 7.30 with a really painful throbbing arm,it plays up every so often and is really horrible,it's a nerve causing the problem, this mornings cure was to let my arm hang out the side of the bed,gravity seems to help apparently,it worked because I went back to sleep until 10.45 am sprayed it with deep heat and that seems to have stopped it for now
    Today's plans were to clean the house and change my bed,so I've polished and hoovered everywhere,cleaned the bathroom and washed my bedding,I've just got to remake my bed and I'm all done

I've got a load of washing to put on the airer and a bit of ironing to finish then I'm all caught up.
    I'm on holiday this week so I'm hoping to chill out a bit over the week,I have things to do but I'm not busy, although I'm on holiday I have to go to work on Wednesday for a training day,it's for basic life support and I don't want to miss it so agreed to do it during my holiday,I've already claimed the time back

This afternoon I've finally got on with some sewing, a few years ago I bought a different frame to put my embroidery on while I was stitching it,I was at a craft show and this frame looked amazing as all you did to hold the material in place was to use some clips,the woman told me I would never use my old frame again, well she was wrong....I hate the new frame and wish I hadn't bought it,my old frame is wooden and has a stand it's a bit of a faff to put together but once it's up it's ok,you also have to sew your embroidery onto the frame to hold it in place which I found a faff,I liked the clip idea but they mark the fabric really badly and I have to take the material off the frame every time I've finished because if you don't you can't get the marks out,well today I went back to my old frame and it's soooo much better,I will stick to using that one now I think as I can leave the sewing on the frame and just pick it up as and when I want, the new frame was yet another thing I bought on my flexible friend that I didn't actually need,Im not sure what I will do with it yet,it will probably end up at the charity shop
    While I was sewing I was thinking about how far I've come on my debt free journey and you know what I think so far I'm doing ok,I haven't used a credit card for 8 months and I haven't run up any more debt ,I have paid off a good amount and just need to keep focused
    My problem at the moment is I don't live in the moment,I live in the past and the future so I'm either regretting all the money I wasted or I'm worrying about the future and how I'm going to manage,then I had an enlightening moment,the future arrived today and I'm still here,nothing bad has happened today and nothing bad happened yesterday,I just need to take it one day at a time
    Today has also been the first of my NSDs
  • Chrystal
    Options
    It might be worthwhile trying to sell some of your stuff on 3Bay OBL. Surprising how much money can be made, especially at this time of year, and you may as well try and recoup some of the money you spent. X
    I Believe.....

• foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,113 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    I think that's a really insightful post, OBL, about regretting past wastefulness with money & worrying about future solvency. Like you, I came to my budget senses later in life & I have to try & accept the wasteful decades. We can't change them, so we can only learn from them & move on. I suppose one way of looking at it might be to think what our future security would look like if we hadn't had our LBMs at all. A scary thought, since our income has halved since then due to public sector 'austerity' cuts.
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • Onebrokelady
    Options
    It might be worthwhile trying to sell some of your stuff on 3Bay OBL. Surprising how much money can be made, especially at this time of year, and you may as well try and recoup some of the money you spent. X
    My DD sells bits on flea bay so I might ask her to list some bits for me,Im not tech savvy enough to do it myself :D
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback