E.on warm Home Discount Notification

fredandwilma
fredandwilma Posts: 1,251 Forumite
Chutzpah Haggler I won, I won, I won! Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
edited 11 October 2018 at 2:56PM in Energy
Hi Malc and Helena, I hope you are well? :hello:
It looks like i'm heading for another hospital stay, same as this time last year and i'm now making contingency plans. Obviously, I'm disappointed. _pale_

I've received my Warm Home Discount letter today. My application has been approved, although not paid yet. :cool: One less thing to worry about, although i switched tariffs yesterday to the EHL 2 year Collective. I hope it doesn't affect the admin team. The Collective already beat the tariffs available from the cheapest suppliers on the market by some way, if not the tariff i switched from.

After watching the market for several weeks, although i was on such a good tariff, I decided it was worth the risk switching and paying slightly more for my energy this winter. With SC's of 7.35p per fuel per day, it should even out again next summer. It depends how cold it is this winter.

It does still look likely energy costs could potentially rise up to 20% next year with various factors to take into consideration?

Anyway, I can always switch again if needs be? :D

I hope not - I think that's the fifth switch i've initiated since June. I don't want to switch again. :eek:

f&w :A
Fred - Where's your get up and go?

Barney - It just got up and went.

Carpe diem

Comments

• tk47
    tk47 Posts: 311 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Whilst you await an official answer from the Eon reps, it was my understanding that as long as you remain with the same supplier, irrespective of any tariff change, it should not affect your Warm Home Discount entitlement.

Of course, if you were to switch supplier (before you receive the WHD), you would lose out.
  • poppasmurf_bewdley
    poppasmurf_bewdley Posts: 5,909 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 11 October 2018 at 5:26PM
    Got my letter confirming the WHD today as well.

I'm on E.ON uSwitch Exclusive 1 Year v1 at the moment, paying a SC of 6p per day, day use 17.88p and night 8.03p per unit.

Anyone get a cheaper deal via Eon or anyone else?
    "There are not enough superlatives in the English language to describe a 'Princess Coronation' locomotive in full cry. We shall never see their like again". O S Nock
  • MoneyMate
    MoneyMate Posts: 3,225 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    E.on must late this year , I was paid September 2017. Just received this.

We are currently processing applications and will write to you within 12 weeks from the date of this email, to let you know whether you have been successful.
    We will check your application to ensure we have all the information we need and let you know if we need anything else. If you have any questions in the meantime you will find answers to the most commonly asked questions in our online help pages. If you move house or switch supplier before the payment is made, your application will be closed. If your new property is supplied by E.ON you will need to re-apply using your new address and account number
    There are more questions than answers :shhh: :silenced:
    WARNING ! May go silent for unfriendly replies
    Please excuse me Spell it MOST times :o
    :)
    :A UK Resident :A
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Hi Malc and Helena, I hope you are well? :hello:
    It looks like i'm heading for another hospital stay, same as this time last year and i'm now making contingency plans. Obviously, I'm disappointed. _pale_

I've received my Warm Home Discount letter today. My application has been approved, although not paid yet. :cool: One less thing to worry about, although i switched tariffs yesterday to the EHL 2 year Collective. I hope it doesn't affect the admin team. The Collective already beat the tariffs available from the cheapest suppliers on the market by some way, if not the tariff i switched from.

After watching the market for several weeks, although i was on such a good tariff, I decided it was worth the risk switching and paying slightly more for my energy this winter. With SC's of 7.35p per fuel per day, it should even out again next summer. It depends how cold it is this winter.

It does still look likely energy costs could potentially rise up to 20% next year with various factors to take into consideration?

Anyway, I can always switch again if needs be? :D

I hope not - I think that's the fifth switch i've initiated since June. I don't want to switch again. :eek:

f&w :A

Morning fredandwilma and we're okay thanks. That's not good news about your impending hospital visit. We both hope all goes well for you.

It is good news about the Warm Home Discount. Really pleased your application has been successful. We're looking to start paying all successful applicants this month. We can't give specific payment dates and are looking to make all payments by the end of March 19. Provided. that is, you don't change your electricity supplier or move home before we can pay you.

Glad you've also found a suitable tariff.

Best of luck for your hospital stay fredandwilma. Really hope it's not too long and you're back posting here sooner rather than later. You know where we are if you need us.

Helena and Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    tk47 wrote: »
    Whilst you await an official answer from the Eon reps, it was my understanding that as long as you remain with the same supplier, irrespective of any tariff change, it should not affect your Warm Home Discount entitlement.

Of course, if you were to switch supplier (before you receive the WHD), you would lose out.

Spot on tk47. As above, provided customers don't change their electricity supplier or move home, they'll receive their payment from us. This is for those applicants successfully applying through the Broader Group.

It's a bit different for customers eligible through the Core Group (as identified by the Department of Work and Pensions). If they were our customer on the qualifying date of 8 July 18, we'll make the payment regardless of if they've changed supplier or moved home since.

Thanks tk47.

Malc
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    Got my letter confirming the WHD today as well.

I'm on E.ON uSwitch Exclusive 1 Year v1 at the moment, paying a SC of 6p per day, day use 17.88p and night 8.03p per unit.

Anyone get a cheaper deal via Eon or anyone else?

Glad you've been successful poppasmurf. Payments will be made as above.

Malc
    MoneyMate wrote: »
    E.on must late this year , I was paid September 2017. Just received this.

We are currently processing applications and will write to you within 12 weeks from the date of this email, to let you know whether you have been successful.
    We will check your application to ensure we have all the information we need and let you know if we need anything else. If you have any questions in the meantime you will find answers to the most commonly asked questions in our online help pages. If you move house or switch supplier before the payment is made, your application will be closed. If your new property is supplied by E.ON you will need to re-apply using your new address and account number

That's right MoneyMate. We're later this year than last.

This year's scheme was delayed as we, like all suppliers involved with Warm Home Discount, had to wait for the Government to confirm certain details.

Malc
  • fredandwilma
    fredandwilma Posts: 1,251 Forumite
    Chutzpah Haggler I won, I won, I won! Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    Morning fredandwilma and we're okay thanks. That's not good news about your impending hospital visit. We both hope all goes well for you.

It is good news about the Warm Home Discount. Really pleased your application has been successful. We're looking to start paying all successful applicants this month. We can't give specific payment dates and are looking to make all payments by the end of March 19. Provided. that is, you don't change your electricity supplier or move home before we can pay you.

Glad you've also found a suitable tariff.

Best of luck for your hospital stay fredandwilma. Really hope it's not too long and you're back posting here sooner rather than later. You know where we are if you need us.

Helena and Malc

Payment gone in to my account today. One less worry, for now.

Thanks - I'm sure going to need it. :A
    Fred - Where's your get up and go?

Barney - It just got up and went.

Carpe diem
  • E.ON_Company_Representative:_Helena
    E.ON_Company_Representative:_Helena Posts: 2,359 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Payment gone in to my account today. One less worry, for now.

Thanks - I'm sure going to need it. :A

Morning fredandwilma and I hope you're doing ok.

That is great news and I'm so glad it's on the account ready :)

Yes, it takes a little worry off your shoulders.

Take care.

Helena :)
  • Spot on tk47.
    It's a bit different for customers eligible through the Core Group (as identified by the Department of Work and Pensions). If they were our customer on the qualifying date of 8 July 18, we'll make the payment regardless of if they've changed supplier or moved home since.

Thanks tk47.

Malc

I am wondering when Eon will be paying Core Group. I am now with EDF, but on qualifying date, with Eon. I believe it is by cheque?
    “Rain drops are not the ones who bring the clouds.”
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport