IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Just £16 to get off any private parking ticket

Comments

• Dave_TH
    Dave_TH Posts: 183 Forumite
    The_Deep wrote: »
    My only concern is that this company is providing an easy get out for those who abuse private landowners, those who use car parks but not the businesses which pay for them, and those who try to avoid payment where payment is due.

Who in their right mind would consider £16 a day to be cheap parking? so not quite a get out, in most city centers you only pay £5 to £10 per day and out of town places are cheaper or free. £16 makes people take notice and avoid repeats
  • I've never had someone come back to me asking for a second court defence or representation...
  • HO87
    HO87 Posts: 4,296 Forumite
    My only concern is that this company is providing an easy get out for those who abuse private landowners, those who use car parks but not the businesses which pay for them, and those who try to avoid payment where payment is due.
    If the company seeking to enforce their charge cannot justify it within the terms of the law as it now stands (GPEOL etc) then that is as much an abuse as any abuse of a landlord's car park. Parking companies boldly assert that they are all about upholding the rights of landlords (whilst trousering vast profits) and spout much self-righteous nonsense about upholding the law. Surely then it behoves such companies to do so by lawful means as to do otherwise is tantamount to vigilanteism?

In such circumstances services such as those offered by PTAS do not provide an "easy" way out in the sense you intend it (I suspect). There is no exploitation of "loopholes". They are merely putting these companies to strict proof of their assertions. If the appeals are upheld (as we know they are) then the fault, if there is any, lies with the companies not the service provider. By failing to be able to support their assertions these companies are actually failing the very landlords/owners they claim to be supporting.

I have no conflict of interest to add here. I do not and nor have I ever provided my services to PTAS or similar services for remuneration or otherwise.
    My very sincere apologies for those hoping to request off-board assistance but I am now so inundated with requests that in order to do justice to those "already in the system" I am no longer accepting PM's and am unlikely to do so for the foreseeable future (August 2016). :(

For those seeking more detailed advice and guidance regarding small claims cases arising from private parking issues I recommend that you visit the Private Parking forum on PePiPoo.com
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Indeed HO, so how do you feel about this punter?

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5125019
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • hoohoo
    hoohoo Posts: 1,717 Forumite

He is parking against the landowner wishes. A sensible approach by the landowner would be a polite notice advising him not to do it again, followed by a charge of £20 (a GPEOL) if he continues to park like this.

That works in other car parks.
    Dedicated to driving up standards in parking
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,256
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    nigelbb wrote: »
    Nice of Patrick Troy to confirm that PPCs are charging penalties which are of course unenforceable in consumer contracts whatever HHJ Maloney may think.

Prankster has just blogged on this:

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/patrick-troy-admits-private-parking.html
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • HO87
    HO87 Posts: 4,296 Forumite
    hoohoo wrote: »

He is parking against the landowner wishes. A sensible approach by the landowner would be a polite notice advising him not to do it again, followed by a charge of £20 (a GPEOL) if he continues to park like this.

That works in other car parks.
    Agreed. Remind me to settle up with you for the secretarial services. ;)
    My very sincere apologies for those hoping to request off-board assistance but I am now so inundated with requests that in order to do justice to those "already in the system" I am no longer accepting PM's and am unlikely to do so for the foreseeable future (August 2016). :(

For those seeking more detailed advice and guidance regarding small claims cases arising from private parking issues I recommend that you visit the Private Parking forum on PePiPoo.com
  • I have a ticket for parking on the 28/10/2014. Can I use this firm to get this cancelled or am I too late?
    Thanks
  • Can anyone help me please? Im new to this site, i received a fine for parking in a co-op store and took advice and ignored it, i have now received a county court claim form!! Any advice?
  • bod1467
    bod1467 Posts: 15,214 Forumite
    To BOTH the above posters - please start your OWN threads. Hijacking another thread is not acceptable in this Parking forum. You will not get any further advice/responses in THIS thread.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure