Important / Sticky Threads

Comments

• Margaret54
    Margaret54 Posts: 842 Forumite
    Geep thank you so very much for taking the time to reply to me I will do that now all the best Margaret
    Do a little kindness every day.;)
  • barmonkey
    barmonkey Posts: 7,159 Forumite
    Geep wrote: »
    Margaret,

I suspect it won't be from Microsoft at all! I'm not a user of Hotmail so can't really advise, and this isn't the right location anyway. I suggest you post your query on the Techie Stuff page, using the Forum Jump box below, and you should get some proper advice there.

You suspect wrong, it IS from microsoft. as you dont use hotmail I dont see why you need to comment with incorrect info

Just supply them with any other email and they will send you a code to put in and you will be okay to go
    WWSD
    (what would Scooby Doo)
  • Moneymaker
    Moneymaker Posts: 1,984 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    sparhawke wrote: »
    i have been asked to clean up some sticky threads on my boards, and it is something i have been meaning to get around to one my own ...

??? ??? ??? ???
  • Jivesinger
    Jivesinger Posts: 1,221 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Margaret54 wrote: »
    I logged on as usual to my Hotmail and once I put in my email address and password up came a message which said in order to keep the account more secure I would need a code from them. Fair enough I though Then it said my old email address to send me the code But I haven't used this email address for over 4 years at least and it was very hard to get through to them
    When you get the message giving the option to send a code to an email address, the option to 'email xyz@whatever.com' might be in a 'drop-down' box with an arrow at the side.

If so, with any luck, if you click on the drop-down arrow there will be an option to say 'I don't have these any more'.

Then, as barmonkey says, I think you should be able to supply an up-to-date email address.
  • Garetha
    Garetha Posts: 981 Forumite
    Since June 2014 the above 'sticky' has been of little use as the important first post has been mostly deleted and the OP appears to have given up with MSE. I had made a personal copy of 'How to speed up a PC' which I have now pasted into message 305 acknowledging the OP.
    Is there some way this information can be made more accessible to new people? I have no wish for my name to usurp that of 'closed'.
    Thanks
  • Oldbiggles
    Oldbiggles Posts: 499 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Gillor wrote: »
    I totally agree.

I used to see many useful posts by 'closed' but am I right in assuming that he/she no longer posts anything here now?
    Trying to learn something new every day.

;)
  • choyaa
    choyaa Posts: 226 Forumite
    dogmaryxx wrote: »
    Remove all except

HOW TO SPEED UP A SLOW PC OR INFECTED PC. (a mini guide) by closed.

The others are pointless/outdated and a simple Google search will suffice to find relevant information.

Have you ran a virus check?
  • choyaa wrote: »
    Have you ran a virus check?
    have you checked your pc clock ?
    🍺 😎 Still grumpy, and No, Cloudflare I am NOT a robot 🤖BUT my responses are now out of my control they are posted via ChatGPT or the latest AI
  • bod1467
    bod1467 Posts: 15,214 Forumite
    edited 21 September 2016 at 9:07AM
    Have you noticed (choyaa) that this is a sticky thread with links to possible help threads, and NOT in itself a help thread? ;)

(Possibly explains all the Excel help request threads). :D
  • dogmaryxx wrote: »
    Remove all except

HOW TO SPEED UP A SLOW PC OR INFECTED PC. (a mini guide) by closed.

The others are pointless/outdated and a simple Google search will suffice to find relevant information.
    I strongly agree and back this request. It was the first help I got from this platform and its really useful.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure