I have CCJ against company but the debt hasn't been paid

Comments

• bod1467
    bod1467 Posts: 15,214 Forumite
    Is he registered at Companies House? As a Ltd company or a sole trader? (I assume Ltd, but you never know).
  • bris
    bris Posts: 10,548
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Whether or not he is still trading under the same company is irrelevant, it's whether that company has any assets or not that count.

You can't touch him personally so you are chasing company assets, get his accounts from companies house and find out what the company has, it's all there for you to download.

Any further escalation at this time will cost you good money, throwing it away after bad.
  • pinkshoes
    pinkshoes Posts: 20,036
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Watch "the sheriffs are coming" at 9.15am on bbc1! People with very similar issues! They took it to the high Court to get their money.
    Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
    Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
  • vaio
    vaio Posts: 12,287
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Forumite
    if he is the sort of business that gets paid by cheque/BAC then
    Buzby wrote: »
    .......If you know where the company bank account is, attempt to garnishee it. .........
    is a good idea

Our accounts mention the bank we use although whether that is normal/required or just our accountant I don't know. Might be worth a couple of £ to companies house to get the accounts etc.

If you paid him originally by cheque/bac I'd expect your bank to be able to tell you which bank he uses.
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    When I didn't get payment for a ccj once, I contacted the companies trade association, who forced them to pay- pay or we will kick you out, but I'm guessing this small company won't belong to one. If he's local enough, I think you need to find out who he hires his stuff from , speak to people who deal with him, ask his neighbours.im sure the bailiffs knew what they were doing.
  • Yes he is, as a ltd company. What do I do with that information?
    bod1467 wrote: »
    Is he registered at Companies House? As a Ltd company or a sole trader? (I assume Ltd, but you never know).
  • I paid him by bank transfer (is that what you mean by BAC?) but it was in his name, so I think it was his personal account rather than business account. And as it's a ltd company his personal bank details are no good to me.

vaio wrote: »

is a good idea

Our accounts mention the bank we use although whether that is normal/required or just our accountant I don't know. Might be worth a couple of £ to companies house to get the accounts etc.

If you paid him originally by cheque/bac I'd expect your bank to be able to tell you which bank he uses.
  • vaio
    vaio Posts: 12,287
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I paid him by bank transfer (is that what you mean by BAC?) but it was in his name, so I think it was his personal account rather than business account. And as it's a ltd company his personal bank details are no good to me.

wouldn't that make him personally liable?
  • OK; from Companies house I have his latest accounts and annual return, indicating company shares worth £5K and a range of assets including tangible assets. So what does this mean for my pursuit of him via county bailiffs???
    vaio wrote: »

is a good idea

• ILW
    ILW Posts: 18,333 Forumite
    OK; from Companies house I have his latest accounts and annual return, indicating company shares worth £5K and a range of assets including tangible assets. So what does this mean for my pursuit of him via county bailiffs???

Why is he not paying you?
    What has he got to say?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family