MSE News: Plusnet to increase broadband prices

Options

Comments

• pearl123
    pearl123 Posts: 2,056 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    mije1983 wrote: »
    You will have to wait until you receive your notification of the increase, but I don't see any reason why you would be different to everyone else.
    Still waiting for notification of price increase. :(
    Anyone else?
  • mije1983
    mije1983 Posts: 3,665 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    pearl123 wrote: »
    Still waiting for notification of price increase. :(
    Anyone else?

They will do it in stages. If they sent them out all at once their call centres would be swamped and unable to cope. For example, when BT raised their prices a few months ago I didn't get the official notification until the beginning of December, which was almost a whole month after the rises had been announced.

Plusnet have to give you 30 day notice of the rise, so they have until the beginning of May to officially contact you. No need to worry just yet.
  • starM
    starM Posts: 1,464 Forumite
    Options
    Will there be a charge of 30 pounds when moving to New provider if they do not use a PUC code?
  • pearl123
    pearl123 Posts: 2,056 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    mije1983 wrote: »
    They will do it in stages. If they sent them out all at once their call centres would be swamped and unable to cope. For example, when BT raised their prices a few months ago I didn't get the official notification until the beginning of December, which was almost a whole month after the rises had been announced.

Plusnet have to give you 30 day notice of the rise, so they have until the beginning of May to officially contact you. No need to worry just yet.
    Thank you for explaining it so well.
  • mije1983
    mije1983 Posts: 3,665 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    starM wrote: »
    Will there be a charge of 30 pounds when moving to New provider if they do not use a PUC code?

If you mean MAC, then there hasn't been a requirement for that for a while. Switching is all gaining provider led now. But that isn't what activates the charge.

The £30 cessation charge that Plusnet levy is if you don't switch to another Openreach based ISP (like Virgin), or cancel the broadband completely. So if you move to Sky for example, then there is no charge anyway.

https://www.plus.net/help/my-account/charges-for-removing-broadband/
  • rhialwencomp
    Options
    I'm very confused by the email I've just had.

The header states "your broadband just got cheaper" and it says we're now in a low cost area so our cost could go down by up to £7.50. "Up to" being horrible nonsense words of course. ;)

It doesn't actually say anywhere how much it will go down by, just that it will go up by £1.

I'm not sure we're actually eligible for any discount anyway since it's a haggled contract.

I know only Plusnet can really answer the question of how much it'll cost in the end but it just seems not right that they can say I've got 30 days from the email to leave if I don't like it when they've not told me how much it's going to be. *sigh*. I don't want to leave over the £1, and it's not going to be more than that so I suppose it doesn't matter, but I hate this vagueness.
  • Tyler_Durden_UK
    Options
    Got my email today, must admit I'm tempted by the quidco offer for BT @ £35 pm with a £120 reward card and £100 cashback.
  • Aletank
    Aletank Posts: 568 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Got my email today, must admit I'm tempted by the quidco offer for BT @ £35 pm with a £120 reward card and £100 cashback.
    I didn't get my BT Quidco last time, Quidco made no effort to chase it up either. I've stopped using Quidco altogether now n use Top Cash Back but think twice about expecting it !
    I got the BT Reward Card OK though
  • Tyler_Durden_UK
    Options
    Aletank wrote: »
    I didn't get my BT Quidco last time, Quidco made no effort to chase it up either. I've stopped using Quidco altogether now n use Top Cash Back but think twice about expecting it !
    I got the BT Reward Card OK though

Just checked my history and I've had BT payout on both QC and TCB over the last few years
  • Aletank
    Aletank Posts: 568 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just checked my history and I've had BT payout on both QC and TCB over the last few years
    In the past I've had both from BT, just last time I never got the Quidco, made me think now about the deal more.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure