3-6 Month Emergency Fund Challenge!!

Comments

• DreamerHelen
    DreamerHelen Posts: 2,629 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    LoL Stormpassing ..... well it clearly was a Vintage Year if all 3 of us were born then ;)

Have a busy busy busy day today....so if anyone else Joins today I won't be around until tonight....Just to let everyone know... :)

I hope your Day will be filled with Sunshine and Rainbows to follow your Dreams and find that pot of gold .... xXx :)
  • stewby
    stewby Posts: 1,206 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 27 October 2015 at 12:24PM
    Good morning.

2018 is a special year for my OH and me too. We are getting married that year in April. Honeymoon isn't until 2019 (but is actually more planned than the wedding is).
    :o

Last I heard NSK wasn't feeling very well but since then her blog has stopped so I am not sure what is going on. Hopefully, she is still travelling, has made it to Australia and is having a great time.
    :)

I used to think I would love cruises but then the idea of 2000 people sharing the same space as me is a bit of a nerve-jangling idea. Also, your time at each place is so limited. As a result, I have kinda gone off cruises.
    I definitely think it would stop your OH getting bored though so maybe there are benefits.
    :undecided

Have you just been diagnosed as diet controlled diabetes Helen?? Cause you can still have very rare treats (such as a bubblegum milkshake). You could class it as your moving in treat.
    Which makes it sound like you can only have another one when/if you next move house.
    :rotfl:

No financey stuff for me. All my spare money really is tied up in paying off the last of my credit card so I definitely can't start until January. Might see if I can manage to find a fiver or something but not really hopeful.
    :(

Hugs to everyone.
    Mortgage: £0/£80,329.91
    Savings: £0/£6400
    :love:
  • DreamerHelen
    edited 28 October 2015 at 12:41PM
    Morning Campers (hi-de-di!! :D).....

Stewby....I'm a Type 2 Diabetic, not on Insulin but I AM on Tablets.....I may have a Bubblegum Milkshake at some point in the next few Weeks but we'll see how it goes :)

Ooooooh getting married in 2018?? It certainly IS a special Year!! :) Sounds wonderful....Where are you going for your Honeymoon??

I'm up early because I woke up and my throat was burning....so whether I swallowed a spider or something I have no idea....It's getting better now... :)

Nothing moneywise to Report today.....I should be able to put in the first bit of money next Thursday....xXx :)
  • I almost feel as though my parents made a mistake having me in 1977 :rotfl: Although it has to be said that I'm not looking forward to the big birthday so I will just join in the celebrations with you lot a year later.
    Bank balance is looking dire this morning - I'm pleased that payday is almost in sight.
  • Hey crazy_cat_lady .... Noooooooo, celebrate being born in 1977...This means you are a year older and a year wiser than us ;)

I think I might be able to put my first Fiver into my Pot later today....Not sure, just have to work out my Finances :D I will declare it later....
  • Munchin
    Munchin Posts: 2,816 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Hi

I would love to join you all on this challenge. I still have debt which will hopefully be gone by July 2016. OH is being made redundant in May 2016 and I need to focus and build up an emergency fund just in case. My car has over 140k miles on it and I will probably need to change it in the near future but again hoping it will last another year or 2.

I would like to aim for £6000 but it could be a slow journey.
  • Munchin wrote: »
    Hi

I would love to join you all on this challenge. I still have debt which will hopefully be gone by July 2016. OH is being made redundant in May 2016 and I need to focus and build up an emergency fund just in case. My car has over 140k miles on it and I will probably need to change it in the near future but again hoping it will last another year or 2.

Sorry to hear about your OH redundancy
    Munchin wrote: »
    I would like to aim for £6000 but it could be a slow journey.

We're all here for the long-haul! Doesn't matter how long it takes.

LMD x
    Life gets in the way...PADding is addictive...Saving's better than spending...
    2024 1p challenge #11 | Cash envelope challenge #01 | SPC #017
    Sealed pot 2024 £2551.68 | EF £1000/£1000 | Sabbatical £970/£3000 | Holiday spends £540 | General Saver £2422.48
  • DreamerHelen
    Hey Munchin .... Welcome to the Challenge....and please don't worry, it really doesn't matter how long it takes....Just do it at your own Pace....I'm probably only going to be able to put in a fiver a week at the moment....and obviously it will take a VERY long time at that rate...but we'll get there!! I have added your Number to the List on Post One!! :)

Hiya LittleMissDetermined .... How are you doing today? Hope you are well....xXx

Well I did it - I put my first £5 in the Pot!! :D I'm absolutely thrilled....I know it's only a Fiver but it is a start!! :D
  • I'm all good thank you DreamerHelen well done on starting your funds!!

:T
    Life gets in the way...PADding is addictive...Saving's better than spending...
    2024 1p challenge #11 | Cash envelope challenge #01 | SPC #017
    Sealed pot 2024 £2551.68 | EF £1000/£1000 | Sabbatical £970/£3000 | Holiday spends £540 | General Saver £2422.48
  • DreamerHelen
    I'm all good thank you DreamerHelen well done on starting your funds!!

:T

Thank you hun, I'm really pleased with myself today :D

Glad to hear that things are all good with you xXx :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure