anyone flown long haul with thomas cook?

anyone flown long haul with thomas cook?

just want to ask opinions on the flights with Thomas Cook, hoping to go to orlando with them but i have read some dodgy reviews....any opinions/experiences?

many thanks

Comments

• stephb34
    stephb34 Posts: 2,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I have it depends which plane you get, if you get the ones with premium at the front, then the leg room in the std seats are 33inches, but look at the important information or the erratta cause if you get the plane without premium then the leg rooms only 29in and its very tight.
  • lynzpower
    lynzpower Posts: 25,311
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    We flew manchester to orlando with Thomas cook last year.

I can remember a lot of bad points- the usual with charters
    rubbish food
    some of the seat back TVs not working
    My headphone port on the way back didnt work
    Lack of water throughout the flight
    extortionate snack prices

However, we did expect this and bought boots meal deal extra waters for the journey.

the good point is it is cheap and to be honest from what I read of the others Continental , delta etc. These are the same complaints from thier customers if you read http://www.airlinequality.com/main/forum.htm
    :beer: Well aint funny how its the little things in life that mean the most? Not where you live, the car you drive or the price tag on your clothes.
    Theres no dollar sign on piece of mind
    This Ive come to know...
    So if you agree have a drink with me, raise your glasses for a toast :beer:
  • concerned43
    concerned43 Posts: 1,316
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Flew to florida with them - also to spain - hate hate hate them!
    Too many bad things to type! but the main being the plane being late taking off and late bringing us back - we were stuck at the airport for 30 hrs once and all we got was a bottle of water!
    Will never book with them again!
  • Flew to the Canaries at Xmas, and although I'm not particularly tall (5' 11"), the lack of legroom was atrocious.
    They try to flog scratch cards, high priced snacks, and it's basically a budget airline.
  • minimad1970
    minimad1970 Posts: 6,157
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    I read somewhere that Thomas Cook were getting rid of all their premium seats and making the economy seats bigger. I don't know if this is all their planes or just long haul.
  • stephb34
    stephb34 Posts: 2,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I read somewhere that Thomas Cook were getting rid of all their premium seats and making the economy seats bigger. I don't know if this is all their planes or just long haul.

Thomas cook aren't doing premium seats on the outbound flights due to the APD thank the government for that one, but they are doing premium on the inbound flight, i think for a standard price of £50 per passenger so i dont think they'll be taking the seats out yet.
  • Sues48
    Sues48 Posts: 285 Forumite
    We've flown to Canada twice with them through Canadian Affair, had no complaints at all, no better or worse than any of the other airlines we've used to fly to North America, Continental, Delta etc.
  • I've flown with them to Varadero and Cancun, only because they were much cheaper than other airlines and i was on a tight budget.

First flight to Cancun was cramped, i'm 5'9 and found it really uncomfortable. When i went to Cuba we decided to pre-book exit seats which were better, thank god we did - had a letter afew weeks before we went to say the inbound journey would have a seat pitch of 29" due to aircraft change! (old mytravel plane i think)

Also find their entertainment really poor compared to other charter airlines such as Thomson.

:o
  • lynzpower wrote: »
    We flew manchester to orlando with Thomas cook last year.

I can remember a lot of bad points- the usual with charters
    rubbish food
    some of the seat back TVs not working
    My headphone port on the way back didnt work
    Lack of water throughout the flight
    extortionate snack prices

However, we did expect this and bought boots meal deal extra waters for the journey.

the good point is it is cheap and to be honest from what I read of the others Continental , delta etc. These are the same complaints from thier customers if you read http://www.airlinequality.com/main/forum.htm

I agree with this all the way - I've flown to Florida and Majorca with them and frankly it will be worth paying more to fly a real airline in the future.
    :santa2:
  • We flew to Egypt with them a couple of years ago, would never travel with them again. Worst flights I've ever taken.
    £400+ in my £2 coin tablet fund
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport