NST 07/2018 - Survive July!

Options

Comments

• Tropically
    Tropically Posts: 427 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I realised that today is actually NSD 3 for me, as I didn't spend anything on Sunday, 1st. It's still early but I am at home and unlikely to leave the house or go online shopping because my brain is on fire. I was looking up places to go to try acupuncture but I have had no luck. I have always had reoccurring headaches but lately I have been taking painkillers 3 to 5 times per week. I don't want to keep that up. I don't know if it's a physical manifestation of anxiety. I am getting married in two weeks, and am moving countries in 6. I made a mistake at work today, a little mistake with big consequences.. Is it surprising then, that my head catches on fire and I can't do anything else but lay down.
    Mortgage started at £318,000 in June 2016. Original MF - 2041 :eek:
    2nd Property Mortgage at £275,000. Mortgage free: 2049 :eek:
    Total OPs: £29529
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,034 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    NSD NO 4
    Still haven't ventured far but at least I did a bit of tidying today. I am really getting a bit despondent about the state of the house. It's so untidy. No, actually it's beyond untidy. Must have a right good clear up.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • indigowarrior
    indigowarrior Posts: 745 Forumite
    Options
    NSD NO 4
    Still haven't ventured far but at least I did a bit of tidying today. I am really getting a bit despondent about the state of the house. It's so untidy. No, actually it's beyond untidy. Must have a right good clear up.
    Lots of hugs Toni'sfriend. Hope you get sorted soon.
    No Spend November 2/15 and SPC 134
  • EarlyRetirement
    Options
    NSD for me today 3/15

Took salad and fruit to work for lunch. Dinnner this evening is going to be simple,might even have beans on toast, in an I dont know what I want to eat mood. :(
    Dont need my car for work in the morning so I am going to walk in and back home.
    Have some work I need to finish this evening so not a lot else is going to get done here this evening.

Have a good evening all.
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,710 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Toni'sfriend - you sound a bit stir crazy from not being able to get out. Can you get outside in the late evening when it is cooler?

Tropically - take care and do try to relax and de-tense your neck/shoulders.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • Omg7kdebt
    Omg7kdebt Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    Checking in. Grateful to be home!
    NSD 3/15. I haven't planned my weekly shop properly and so I'm a bit hungry. Believe me when I tell you I will not waste away between now and breakfast time (plenty of reserves) but I will remember that when I do my shopping.
    Going to a colleagues leaving do tomorrow. I have budgeted £10 but I'm not drinking at the moment so that should be ok for a couple of hours of diet coke.
    Sealed pot challenge #051

Attempting to pay down 7k debt before 2019.
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,034 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 5 July 2018 at 7:33PM
    Options
    Applemucher - I'm not a night person. Honestly not being in bed at nine o'clock is late for me. I've always been like that. As well, I don't like too much heat. Going to make a real effort tomorrow,
    Indigo - I will sort it out. Just feeling wabbit together with the boy's stuff being all over the house is getting me down a bit. Honestly, wouldn't take that much to make it so much better.
    Thank you both for your concern.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,710 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Today I am grateful for getting zcut power yoga #2 done, for dd enjoying her football match, for getting to watch some of her match, for the breeze picking up this evening, for going through a gazillion fabric swatches to select only what we love, for good books, for colleagues who make me laugh.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 5 July 2018 at 7:53PM
    Options
    Life's always throwing a curve ball when you least need it. Financially one step fwd two back. Our 40 year old built in freezer finally packed in (nothing today would last that long anyway). Hopefully can save most till Sat in the fridge or eat it when the new one comes. Got a cheap fridge/freezer (£250) till we do the kitchen in two years. That way we also get the extra fridge space while the old one is still working (40 yo too). Fridge/freezer wasnt much dearer than a freezer alone.
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Evening all :)

Just checking in to claim NSD #1 :D
    Still need to do this month's charity donation
    And update spreadsheet re spends over the last few days :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure