Solarplicity: Add your feedback

Comments

• ive been with this lot for 3 years.

They started off cheap and also small - so a very reliant personal touch.

However this year they are nowhere near the top 5 cheap suppliers.
    They've also lost the personal touch when they introduced automatic direct debits - really now exactly the same as any other company.

The pros for staying have now diminished.

So im looking elsewhere.
  • Having decided to switch to LOC2 via Cheap Energy Club I received a letter from the company this morning which showed a fictitious Supply Address. Was same road and postcode but a house number that doesn't exist. I rang and informed LOC2 that this was not a great start. The customer services agent amended the information but was unable to explain why the error had occurred (My Cheap Energy Club details are accurate).
  • We became aware of LOCO2 via the MSE Cheap Energy Club. They appeared to offer us a saving over our existing energy provider and although they were not the cheapest they featured highly on the MSE 'Top Picks'.

Trusting the judgement of MSE was our first mistake as further digging indicates we are not the only people to receive such a poor service.

The initial switch filling out the online paperwork was pretty much painless and then came our welcome letter from LOCO2 (all smooth so far). My first cause for concern was when I realised I was being billed by my previous energy company as well as LOCO2. After attempting to contact LOCO2 via their email address with no response I attempted to call them - however they don't pick up the phone and after a few minutes ask you to leave a message which is not responded to.

I contacted my previous energy company who explained that they had only received a request for the transfer of the electricity part of our dual fuel application. After circa 30 + attempted calls to LOCO2 someone picked up the phone. They explained that they had made an error in requesting the gas switch and they were requesting it again.

This was several weeks ago and LOCO2 have not been available to update me on what is going on. I have found out today that LOCO2 have been successful in taking over my next door neighbour's gas supply (something they have not requested). So it would appear I am now paying two energy companies and one of these is for my neigbour's gas.

All of this is due to the incompetence of LOCO2
  • Please do not switch your energy supply to LoCo2 Energy. About a month ago, I switched to this supplier using MSE's Cheap Energy Club. Apart from the MSE email, I got no acknowledgement or any kind of 'welcome' pack, it was as if nothing happened.

Despite the above, it seemed like LoCo2 started transferring my gas but not my electricity (as far as EON knew, they were to continue supplying me with no knowledge of a switch).

Worst of all, I've rung about 20 times and no one has ever picked up the phone. After 3 minutes, it tells you to leave a voicemail! I've sent them two emails and had no response. (Even if they are reading or ignoring my emails, I emailed them for a third time to tell them how they've treated me and to warn them against even attempting to try and charge an exit fee as I've switched away from them to Economy Energy).

If you don't believe me, I would advise you reading this post to ring them right now - 0330 124 1500 - and try it for yourself.

I now believe this company has or is about to go out of business. It's like they don't even exist (to further prove this, their last Twitter activity was in December 2016). I've now started switching to yet another supplier. LoCo2 are beyond disgraceful. I've got nothing against MSE for featuring them on their site but I hope they will investigate and no longer offer their services.
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Please do not switch your energy supply to LoCo2 Energy. About a month ago, I switched to this supplier using MSE's Cheap Energy Club. Apart from the MSE email, I got no acknowledgement or any kind of 'welcome' pack, it was as if nothing happened.

Despite the above, it seemed like LoCo2 started transferring my gas but not my electricity (as far as EON knew, they were to continue supplying me with no knowledge of a switch).

Worst of all, I've rung about 20 times and no one has ever picked up the phone. After 3 minutes, it tells you to leave a voicemail! I've sent them two emails and had no response. (Even if they are reading or ignoring my emails, I emailed them for a third time to tell them how they've treated me and to warn them against even attempting to try and charge an exit fee as I've switched away from them to Economy Energy).

If you don't believe me, I would advise you reading this post to ring them right now - 0330 124 1500 - and try it for yourself.

I now believe this company has or is about to go out of business. It's like they don't even exist (to further prove this, their last Twitter activity was in December 2016). I've now started switching to yet another supplier. LoCo2 are beyond disgraceful. I've got nothing against MSE for featuring them on their site but I hope they will investigate and no longer offer their services.

Hello ShakeelYousaf and welcome to the Forums.

Just a thought, but make sure the right property is being applied for. Sometimes, suppliers try to take over the wrong account. This can happen where the address details, supply number and/or meter serial number doesn't match those held by the National Databases. These databases record the details of all electricity and gas meters in the country and are used by suppliers when arranging a switch. A discrepancy here could lead to this type of issue.

I'm guessing but, if this is the case, a similar thing is likely to happen with further switches until the information held by the National Database is put right. As your existing electricity supplier, we're the ones to sort this.

Should this be the case, please let us have your supply number (also known as the Meter Point Administration Number or MPAN and is on your bills), full postal address including the post code and the electricity meter serial number as it appears on the meter itself. We'll update the database so a switch can move forward. Looks like the gas is okay as you say that has started to transfer.

I'm speculating a lot here ShakeelYousaf and sorry if I'm barking up the wrong tree. I'll be happy to take a look if you drop an email with the above information to the address in my Profile.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 5 May 2017 at 7:58PM
    They changed their name on 27 April 2017

This supplier is now known as Solarplicty Energy Ltd.

I see they launched new tariffs on 02 May 2017 called "Fair Market Price"
    Fixed & variable versions available.

Looks quite cheap especially for low users as it's also got zero standing charges - easily beats Ebico for gas; electric is quite good too.
    Available as electric only, gas only or dualfuel.

Consult a comparison site to see how it stacks up for you. :money:
  • Hi,
    I applied to switch to LoCo2 Energy two months ago and have heard nothing - not even received the 'welcome email' from them. Having read theses posts above, I think I will stop the process now - if I can.
  • NeilMc
    NeilMc Posts: 1 Newbie
    I help my dad to switch to LoC02 using the MSE energy club, over 8 weeks ago, and he hasn't heard anything from them. Last week my dad contacted LoC02 and the service agent said he would find out whats happening and ring the next day. Needless to say LoC02 haven't rung back and that was 5 working days ago.

Is it possible to cancel the switch? if so how?
    Is there anybody my dad can contact to help with this?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
  • Just did a quick comparison and Solarplicity came out the cheapest for gas (specifically their Fair Market Price Variable tariff) for my post code. However, when I'm redirected to their website, it would seem they only offer electricity-only or gas & electricity tariffs. Bit confusing and disappointing.
  • Mike_Newcomb
    Mike_Newcomb Posts: 14 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    lloydyyy wrote: »
    , it would seem they only offer electricity-only or gas & electricity tariffs. Bit confusing and disappointing.

This is true when using their Website. However if you telephone them on 0333 0044666 you can order Gas only.

I ordered this today.

It must be said, was a little disappointed that when I first called around 09:30 the young lady advised someone would call back, which did NOT happen. After 9 hours wait, I called again around 18:30 and a young lady named Christa was most helpful, took my details and placed the order for me.
    Regards - Mike
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport