AutoAid Car Breakdown Discussion

Comments

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    is18 wrote: »
    My autoaid policy runs out in 3 days and I was going to reapply via mse link the day after to get 15 month offer however autoaid say a previous customer has to be at least 6 months ago? This is not specified on mse site? Any help please? :(
    Either wait 6 months or use another way to renew

(Eg Let policy lapse and apply in partner's name/use the groupon)
  • We leave our breakdown company every year (last year Autoaid) and let it lapse for a few days, then rejoin via a Cashback website. You then get (at the moment) 12% back for re/joining - they pay you a fiver for going back.
    We do similar to this for house insurance (£60), Car insurance (£40) , Car Rental Excess Insurance (£15), Travel Insurance (£6), hotels (between 8 and 14% back), holiday car rental (10%) , Broadband/Phone (£80 last time), airport parking (£6 last time), ink cartridges, TVs & electrical - if you're desperate you can even get 1% on Ebay.
  • Does AutoAid auto-renew now or not? Just wondering if I need to cancel
  • lisyloo
    lisyloo Posts: 29,609 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Does AutoAid auto-renew now or not? Just wondering if I need to cancel

I don't think it does.
    You get an email inviting you to renew but it's not automatic.
  • Does AutoAid auto-renew now or not? Just wondering if I need to cancel
    I got a letter a few days before renewal was due explaining it does not auto renew, likely you will get the same. From memory they also phoned me a few days before renewal without realising I had renewed online a few hours earlier.
  • The 15 months offer is misleading. I have been a previous customer but my policy expired a while back. The MSE website where the offer is shown states that I would qualify for the 15 months for the price of 12 months cover but when I click through to buy AutoAid say no :(
  • is18 wrote: »
    My autoaid policy runs out in 3 days and I was going to reapply via mse link the day after to get 15 month offer however autoaid say a previous customer has to be at least 6 months ago? This is not specified on mse site? Any help please? :(

My policy lapsed 3 days ago and I followed the 15 months for 12 months link. Put in all my details and it came out saying no, you can only have 12 months as you are a previous (although not current) customer. BOOOO!
  • The Groupon deal also says new customers so I presume the same rules apply and you can't get the deal if you have previously been a customer (at least not in the last 6m).
  • I know it won't help everyone but I took out a joint Autoaid policy in my wife's name last year. Took out a joint 15 month policy this year in my name this year and it went through no problem
  • lisyloo
    lisyloo Posts: 29,609 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    The 15 months offer is misleading

It's not misleading simply because there are qualifying terms and conditions.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback