Replacing Soffit/fascia and capping

Hi,
We are changing our windows from white to anthracite and want to make the fascias match. Our house is 8m x 8m and only need to replace on the front and back.
Is it easy to replace / cover? Current ones are plastic white.
We have been given feedback from it being an easy 1.5 day job to it being a big job, over 2k.
My feeling is that it should cost less than 1k. Hopefully much less.
Any advice ? We are in Manchester area

Comments

• john.h
    john.h Posts: 349 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    £500 for materials, fascia, soffit, trims, guttering etc. Then price for scaffold. I!!!8217;m sure you can get a couple of people to fit it for £50.

John..
  • mattrobbo99
    mattrobbo99 Posts: 70 Forumite
    edited 18 August 2018 at 7:28PM
    Thanks. Scaffolding would be pricey though, right? Maybe 1000 all in including scaffolding would easily cover it?
  • I'd say that sounds pretty high. I'm no expert but we had ours replaced 2 years ago on the front and back of the house and it cost £800 including a garage. Do you need scaffolding? We didn't as we don't have a conservatory or any lower roofing in the way that would need to be scaffolded over (if that makes sense).
  • I would say you would be looking at somewhere around £13-1500 unless special scaffold needed .
    if you think peoples advice is helpfull please take the time to clicking the thank you button it gives great satisfaction
  • john.h wrote: »
    £500 for materials, fascia, soffit, trims, guttering etc. Then price for scaffold. I!!!8217;m sure you can get a couple of people to fit it for £50.

John..
    what utter rubbish are you advocating slave labour here
    if you think peoples advice is helpfull please take the time to clicking the thank you button it gives great satisfaction
  • I'd say that sounds pretty high. I'm no expert but we had ours replaced 2 years ago on the front and back of the house and it cost £800 including a garage. Do you need scaffolding? We didn't as we don't have a conservatory or any lower roofing in the way that would need to be scaffolded over (if that makes sense).
    And another one you had it covered over not replaced at that price and had people working illegally off ladders which is a hefty fine off the hse
  • john.h
    john.h Posts: 349 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I was taking the p***

John..
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts