Tesco Employee Pension

Hello,

I previously worked for Tesco Dot Com about 3 years ago and opted into their pension scheme where I had to pay a certain amount per week.
I left and haven't heard more about the pension, I was wondering if there was a way to withdraw the pension or move it to the pension I am paying into now.
Problem is, I have no previous payslips or details of the pension.
Can I get my pension, if so, how?

Thank you,

Comments

• antrobus
    antrobus Posts: 17,386 Forumite
    zema wrote: »
    Hello,

I previously worked for Tesco Dot Com about 3 years ago and opted into their pension scheme where I had to pay a certain amount per week.
    I left and haven't heard more about the pension, I was wondering if there was a way to withdraw the pension or move it to the pension I am paying into now.
    Problem is, I have no previous payslips or details of the pension.
    Can I get my pension, if so, how?

Thank you,

Pension Helpline: 0845 070 1113 open Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm and Saturday 8am to 12 midday

Email: pensions.dept@uk.tesco.com

https://www.ourtesco.com/all-about-pensions/
  • Ian011
    Ian011 Posts: 2,432 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 17 April 2018 at 3:14PM
    antrobus wrote: »
    Pension Helpline: 0845 070 1113 open Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm and Saturday 8am to 12 midday.
    Email: pensions.dept@uk.tesco.com

https://www.ourtesco.com/all-about-pensions/
    Do make a complaint that they
    - continue to use a premium rate 0845 number costing callers up to 62p per minute, and
    - fail to comply with the Ofcom regulations requiring such call charges to be declared immediately alongside the number.

The fact that all 2500+ Tesco stores had their individual premium rate 0845 numbers swapped over to the matching 0345 number in each case some three years ago (https://secure.tesco.com/store-locator/uk/asp/towns/?l=L&t=LONDON), makes the lack of number change for their pension helpline even more inexplicable.
  • Brynsam
    Brynsam Posts: 3,643 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Ian011 wrote: »
    Do make a complaint that they
    - continue to use a premium rate 0845 number costing callers up to 62p per minute, and
    - fail to comply with the Ofcom regulations requiring such call charges to be declared immediately alongside the number.

The fact that all 2500+ Tesco stores had their individual premium rate 0845 numbers swapped over to the matching 0345 number in each case some three years ago (https://secure.tesco.com/store-locator/uk/asp/towns/?l=L&t=LONDON), makes the lack of number change for their pension helpline even more inexplicable.

Or use their current Helpline number: 0345 070 1113
  • OldBeanz
    OldBeanz Posts: 1,401 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    The Tesco pension was a generous DB one so it may be worth bringing the figures back to the forum as it may not be a good idea to transfer.
  • Ian011
    Ian011 Posts: 2,432 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Brynsam wrote: »
    Or use their current Helpline number: 0345 070 1113
    Ah. So close, yet so far. They forgot to
    - update that web page with the new 0345 number, and
    - place a message on the old 0845 number telling callers to hang up and re-dial the new 0345 number.
  • Brynsam
    Brynsam Posts: 3,643 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    OldBeanz wrote: »
    The Tesco pension was a generous DB one so it may be worth bringing the figures back to the forum as it may not be a good idea to transfer.

The DB scheme closed to new members in November 2015, so if you were employed/joined a pension scheme after then it will be a 'defined contribution' scheme.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure