EH - Keeping on track. (AKA focus Woman! FOCUS!)

Comments

• lemanie
    lemanie Posts: 668 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Good news about Mr EH's injury, hoping for a positive prognosis.

I'm a BIG fan of Bryson and wish I'd seen the play, I particularly enjoy his 'Walk in the Woods'. Another similar book that I enjoyed recently was Cheryl Strayed's 'Wild'.

A friend and I or my OH often walk sections of the Cleveland way or the Coast to Coast path here in North Yorkshire as well as other walks written by a local guru Maureen Robinson that we call 'old lady walks', perfect for an afternoon stroll.

As to your dilemma, definitely the planes, no contest.
    Mel
    Proud to have dealt with our debt. DFW Nerd 1474
    DFD 25/08/15 _party_. Was: £23,929 01/01/14.
  • mooomin
    mooomin Posts: 13,703 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    The £50 could pay for your next jaunt to the countryside maybe?
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,301 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    starnac wrote: »
    Ooh tough decision. The MSE thing looks pretty good and it is £50 towards your OP pot but at the same time you love your aviation stuff. (Sorry there must be a better word than stuff) if the weather is going to be good then you will get fab photos. Would there be a possibility of selling some to offset the money you would lose from the focus group? Something to think about maybe??

You are also flying with the NSD's. Are you and Cheery in competition?? ;)

I finally signed up to 1poll and am up to £5.50 already :T I know a lot of that was the "answer these so we know what surveys to send you" type but I am hoping that I'll have a few more today too.

Yay - well done on the OnePoll thing - I've not had a completely blank day since I've focused back on it and I've just checked and the referral credit for your sign up has gone on - which explains the sudden leap (!) by 50p! When it's good, it's good, that one, and at the very least it's not massively time-consuming!

As for selling pics - there is always a possibility....it's just that more often than not, nobody actually wants to buy them! :D By the time I'd taken account for tax, and travel, the £50 would actually have been about £30, I guess.
    lemanie wrote: »
    Good news about Mr EH's injury, hoping for a positive prognosis.

I'm a BIG fan of Bryson and wish I'd seen the play, I particularly enjoy his 'Walk in the Woods'. Another similar book that I enjoyed recently was Cheryl Strayed's 'Wild'.

A friend and I or my OH often walk sections of the Cleveland way or the Coast to Coast path here in North Yorkshire as well as other walks written by a local guru Maureen Robinson that we call 'old lady walks', perfect for an afternoon stroll.

As to your dilemma, definitely the planes, no contest.
    Mel

Another book recommendation - excellent, and thank you! :D Also the right answer in your last sentence! ;)
    mooomin wrote: »
    The £50 could pay for your next jaunt to the countryside maybe?

It would have gone to the VSP account against our Hebrides New Year trip Mooo, however...

...I had to make a decision as MSEAndrea called me - lovely to put a voice to someone whose name you've seen about the place so often! (I'm assuming it's the same Andrea) I've opted to say no this time - I'd be letting a pal down now by not going up to Coningsby and would feel bad about that, plus the weather looking so good, and the winds in the right direction...it's not often everything comes together with quite that degree of certainty! Andrea has said that they'll keep my details in case another one comes up, as I'd definitely like to do one, it's just this time doesn't *quite* work.

I've also done an MSE thing I've been putting off for a l-o-n-g while (and not really quite sure WHY I've been putting it off, either) as I've signed up to Noddle and checked my credit report. All precisely as it should be, and 5/5 which is pleasing. I know it's only 1 of the three, but it's a start. Bearing in mind the self-employed status, it's good to know that as things stand, and with that one, at least, I'm considered a decent risk.

The NSD's slow down from here - Speedway tonight, plus I can't see me getting through tomorrow without spending anything. I *might* manage one day or another over the weekend though....
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • EssexHebridean
    edited 15 May 2014 at 4:49PM
    Updates:

NDS's - 10 7/10 :)
    Food - 3 x shopping trips needed* 2/3
    Food : Meal plan right through the month Still keeping this up
    Grocery Budget: No more than £70 spent £45.89/£70
    Survey Network: Hit £20 threshold and request payout No sign of yesterdays survey having tracked, which is vexing.
    OnePoll : make 50p a day average in answered surveys £10.55/£15.50
    ISA : get them sorted - [STRIKE]1 new[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]1 for transfer[/STRIKE] 1 new opened and first deposit made. Decision also made about the transfer one - leaving it where it is for now, seeing what interest rates do and possibly shifting in to Nationwide in a while
    Electricity : Get it changed to new supplier. done - going to Flow Energy - no exit fees so if they're rubbish we'll leave again! :D
    Tax Return - complete and submit DONE! :j
    Extra Hours worked: 8.25/10.5

Looking good - not least the fact that I appear to be a bit up on where I thought I was with extra hours worked! It's actually 10½ hours I need total mind you, not 10....so list above now amended. :) Might manage another 15 minutes later, and should definitely be able to do the hour each day Monday and Tuesday next week. :T
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    she/her
  • cazmanian_minx
    cazmanian_minx Posts: 4,048 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    I see you've already made your decision, but I'd have voted aeroplane.gifaeroplane.gifaeroplane.gif
  • Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,683 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Good decision there! :j And excellent NSDs too :j :j I'm quite jealous :D But I do reckon you'll easily beat me :D
  • EssexHebridean
    I see you've already made your decision, but I'd have voted aeroplane.gifaeroplane.gifaeroplane.gif

Fab smilies! :T
    Good decision there! :j And excellent NSDs too :j :j I'm quite jealous :D But I do reckon you'll easily beat me :D

I bet I won't you know - I definitely won't manage any (nor do I intend trying to) while we're on holiday, so my month ends in the middle of next week. You've got a whole extra 8 days to overtake whatever total I manage! :rotfl:

Excellent day today - photos are downloading as I speak but there were over 600 on the first card. :o Couple of spends - £5 for lunch, £1 for a desperately needed ice lolly (Yes, really, we were BOILING!) and £63 diesel this morning, but that will be the first of our holiday diesel too as there's still three-quarters of a tank of it left.

Got 40p in OnePoll surveys this evening too - but haven't yet added those to my totals above or signature.

Put the card into the reader to do my photo download and it suddenly slipped sideways and several of the pins in the reader are now bent sideways. I've thrown that one out (I'm not taking the chance of a pin getting stuck in a memory card as the cards aren't cheap) and am now using my spare reader - I've also ordered a "replacement spare" , and a new memory card, as I;m going to need more cards ahead of the Airshow season.

Credit card bill was on the mat when I got in too so I've got to sit down with MrEH tomorrow and work out which of us owes what.

Right - photos to look at! :D
    she/her
  • Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,683 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    'desperately needed ice lolly' :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: I SO understand!! :rotfl:
  • EssexHebridean
    I had a feeling you would! :rotfl::T

Today here is going to be pretty much entirely about getting stuff sorted for holiday. we've got lists and we're not afraid to use them! :p

CC bill and money shuffling is sorted - an halleluih somehow or another this month the joint account has a small surplus. Now how did THAT happen? Hmmm?! (Something to do with posting back here regularly again perhaps? :o) Only £30 or so but SO nice not to have to be juggling money around - I must remember that feeling and how positive it is.

I've shifted £35 from my "fun" account meaning I've got £50 personal money sitting in my current account right now - that's right on target too as I paid £38.50 out of my account earlier in the month for that gig ticket. About £10 has been shuffled from various places into our VSP too.

Todays big news, however, is that I HAVE FINALLY GOT PAST THE £20 MARK ON SURVEYNETWORK WHICH MEANS I CAN CASH OUT! :j:j:j:j You have no idea how BL00DY pleased this makes me, and how much I'm looking forward to (as soon as the money has landed, in fact) unsubscribing from their rotten emails! :rotfl:

Right, on with the lists then....shopping next stop I think - the voucher arrived for my latest Tesco Consumer panel project today, so I'll be buying some steak - woo hoo! :D
    she/her
  • EssexHebridean
    Today's Updates:

NDS's - 10 7/10 :)
    Food - 3 x shopping trips needed* 3/3
    Food : Meal plan right through the month Still keeping this up
    Grocery Budget: No more than £70 spent £57.58/£70 :T
    Survey Network: Hit £20 threshold and request payout Woo hoo - done! :T
    OnePoll : make 50p a day average in answered surveys £10.95/£15.50
    ISA : get them sorted - [STRIKE]1 new[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]1 for transfer[/STRIKE] 1 new opened and first deposit made. Decision also made about the transfer one - leaving it where it is for now, seeing what interest rates do and possibly shifting in to Nationwide in a while
    Electricity : Get it changed to new supplier. done - going to Flow Energy - no exit fees so if they're rubbish we'll leave again! :D
    Tax Return - complete and submit DONE! :j
    Extra Hours worked: 8.25/10.5

:beer:
    she/her
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business