Ultimate Challenge. 457 days / £16600!!!

Comments

• Another little update.. this NSD challenge has got to me. I am determined to make it to another full day and have a full 5 in a row!!!. :D

SO bar the pre-arranged SPA travel money tomorrow which I am not counting, I have just made myself enough food to get me through the ENTIRE day..

Porridge I can make up at work with raisins, Grilled veg and potatoes for lunch, sandwiches for later in the day if I feel peckish ( 3 rounds ), we got some Tesco value yoghurt ( 1kg ) decanted into a tub as its cheaper than individual pots in the long run... two bananas, two mint choccie bars and a wee bag of roasted nuts, ( courtesy of Approved Foods ), a bag of Tesco value nachos (45p and delish ) and salsa ( AP again ) for in front of TV while I wait for my girlies to arrive at the hotel.. oh and two naughty cans of Pepsi cause they make me happy..:rotfl:

NOW I could go for a walk about London for a while instead of staying in but this is facing temptation - so I have decided against it...

So there you go - not bad for being 0100 and knowing I have to get up at 0445...

Treats...:o
    “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent".
  • Well what a day.. I've secured my £5 from webuydvds.co.uk.. And am sat in a 4* hotel in central London.. However got duped when I went to a local beautician for a b/wax.. In house they wanted £45???.. 5 minutes down the road was £12.. Used hot wax and they added £8 without telling me the price difference.. Gutted. Knew I should have asked. She was very good though and I will go back.. Gave her £3 cause she was that good as a tip.. Then went to the till to pay. Coulda kicked myself..

But I will earn this back somewhere..

Scared as I'm the first into the hotel they took my CC dets.. Warned my girls not to touch anything..:-))..

So I'm under my budget..£50 for the day set aside at the beginning of the month and planned for. £23 + £18.50 travel ...eeeek! A few pennies left for a very small but of food- thankfully the girls don't want to go out..

Travel recoup next week as I'm off to Ireland and won't use petrol! Also paid for friends birthday gift out of remaing funds and not the funds specifically put aside.. That'll go straight to the CC..

Determined to have cheap fun this weekend..:-))..

Is this an NSD fail..b/wax planned but the £8 overspend is a fail yes?? I think so- cant cheat here.. Boo hiss...

Onwards and upwards..
    “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent".
  • Heffi1
    Heffi1 Posts: 1,291
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Well what a day.. I've secured my £5 from webuydvds.co.uk.. And am sat in a 4* hotel in central London.. However got duped when I went to a local beautician for a b/wax.. In house they wanted £45???.. 5 minutes down the road was £12.. Used hot wax and they added £8 without telling me the price difference.. Gutted. Knew I should have asked. She was very good though and I will go back.. Gave her £3 cause she was that good as a tip.. Then went to the till to pay. Coulda kicked myself..

Bloody hell that was an expensive mistake, but never mind I bet you had a nice pampering session and your skin is lovely and smooth now :)
    :) Been here for a long time and don't often post
  • Hey Heffi1... It's a bit much paying £20! Really annoyed but my local one is really bad.. You live and learn. Did think this week was going too well..:-))..
    Yes skin is lively now.. Lol!
  • Oooooooh Cash Britain is on! Wow I need to get out more...
  • Mockingjay
    Mockingjay Posts: 214 Forumite
    Ha naughty spending! I do wonder how much a year I spend on removing hair.. It's probably a scary number!!
    CC1 - [STRIKE]£8746[/STRIKE] £2801 71%
    :o LBM September 2012 - Current DFD Oct 14 :o
  • brokemedic
    brokemedic Posts: 427 Forumite
    Never sure if people are reading here but posting make me feel little beady eyes are keeping track of me - makes me worker harder and not spending anything!

Non-guarateed / Vouchers comes from Amazon - £49.03. ( ISBN checked, boxed and ready to go on Monday ). Its just such a shame this is in vouchers and not cash.

People are reading lol, it's always good to hear how other people are doing.. makes you feel like you aren't on your own.

Is it possible for you to sell the amazon vouchers?

bm
    One debt in 100 days £384/1264(£865 left)
    Pay all your debt off by xmas 2014 £276/18864
    NSD 4 and 4 in a row
  • Hello BM... Never thought of that. I think they just credit it to your account!! Glad your Having a wee read... Sky box or no? Confess..!! :-)
  • Ok so Spa weekend went well.. Lovely food last night in Covent Garden ( I challenged a (12.5%) service charge.. ) Anyone else do that? Course they didn't budge but I didn't do my homework on it beforehand.. Is it enforceable?

Anyho I need a pat on the back please.. I put all my purchases back in Primark ( I know it's cheap cheap cheap but it all adds up ) bar cheapo pj's that I needed! Figured I'll be at home A LOT in the near future so might as well feel comfortable..

£88.50 spent! Not good but this has been planned for months and it's under my £150 estimate! Any leftovers are going straight to the CC tonight!!
  • Mockingjay
    Mockingjay Posts: 214 Forumite
    The service charge is enforceable if you are told about it prior to ordering and it should be printed on the menu. Although I've refused to pay it before and kicked up a (loud) fuss so they didn't want to keep the argument going on & let it go!
    CC1 - [STRIKE]£8746[/STRIKE] £2801 71%
    :o LBM September 2012 - Current DFD Oct 14 :o
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family