IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

WARNING Avoid Changegate Car Park, Haworth. Notorious for Clamping

Options

Comments

• herbertanchovy
    Options
    2 days to the date when this legalised robbery becomes, rightly, illegal. It has been established that the "person" who tried to sacrifice his own children for £90 was James Evans, Ted's eldest son, the son who clobbered Ted with a shovel 20 odd years ago and nearly killed him(Unlucky James). It has now been established why he did that too, but will feature in a pending "fictional" novel about the fictional town of "Clampworth". Even though the evil deeds stop on Monday lets not let these people just be allowed to think they've done no wrong. An awful lot of the past is soon to be released that will bring ultimate shame on Edward Roger Evans.
  • UnconsciouS
    Options
    2 days to the date when this legalised robbery becomes, rightly, illegal. It has been established that the "person" who tried to sacrifice his own children for £90 was James Evans, Ted's eldest son, the son who clobbered Ted with a shovel 20 odd years ago and nearly killed him(Unlucky James). It has now been established why he did that too, but will feature in a pending "fictional" novel about the fictional town of "Clampworth". Even though the evil deeds stop on Monday lets not let these people just be allowed to think they've done no wrong. An awful lot of the past is soon to be released that will bring ultimate shame on Edward Roger Evans.

It's great to hear about the Clampworth project! - I would love to be involved in that! I think this could be amazing. The truth will be almost stranger than fiction.

Perhaps Haworth should open a Clamping Museum next to the Bronte Parsonage; and provide open top bus trips down Belle Isle Rd where the bandit's business centre operates from.
  • ppc_guy
    Options
    On a note on this one i wonder if Ted Evans will in fact apply for, or assume lawful authority as a landowner has a right to use reasonable force to protect their property.

This may be a misguided claim by him but will his locally coppers know different?
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • jkdd77
    jkdd77 Posts: 271 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ppc_guy wrote: »
    On a note on this one i wonder if Ted Evans will in fact apply for, or assume lawful authority as a landowner has a right to use reasonable force to protect their property.

This may be a misguided claim by him but will his locally coppers know different?

Based on the quote from a local police officer earlier in this thread, I would say that they do clearly know that he won't have 'lawful authority' from tomorrow, and indeed, IMO, ought to have taken action against him earlier for aggressive commercial practices (a criminal offence, and one for which 'honest belief' is not a defence).
  • UnconsciouS
    Options
    jkdd77 wrote: »
    Based on the quote from a local police officer earlier in this thread, I would say that they do clearly know that he won't have 'lawful authority' from tomorrow, and indeed, IMO, ought to have taken action against him earlier for aggressive commercial practices (a criminal offence, and one for which 'honest belief' is not a defence).

From tomorrow I imagine the practice will be for the villains to approach their scam victims, and to try and get them to sign or admit their name (which they don't have to give); to sign some kind of declaration (which they don't have to sign) and to imply that if they pay now the charge will be £90 instead of £180. In short, they will frighten people who they have already tricked into a devious damage limitation excercise. The police, if they bother to get involved, will still be left with the same kind of aggresive trading practices that were already in place.

The good thing, is that people who are educated in the law will make a fool of him, but the bad thing is that people who don't know the law will still have to part with very large amounts of money.

If the police continue to roll on their backs with their legs in the air, things around Haworth may not get very much better at all.
  • ManxRed
    ManxRed Posts: 3,530 Forumite
    Options
    May I be the first one, this fine October morning (as if!) to send my best to Ted:

F**K YOU EVANS!
    Je Suis Cecil.
  • ppc_guy
    ppc_guy Posts: 412 Forumite
    Options
    Wonder if anybody on here has been or can go to the site to see whats going on? would be interesting to find out
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • ManxRed
    ManxRed Posts: 3,530 Forumite
    Options
    He'll be holding people's babies to ransom or something.
    Je Suis Cecil.
  • bazster
    bazster Posts: 7,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I guess the good people of Haworth are far too British to turn up en masse and park all over the place in Evans' car park, sticking two fingers up to him as they nip off to have a coffee or do a bit of shopping.
    Je suis Charlie.
  • rickbonar.
    Options
    Well it's now the 1 October the new law outlawing clamping is in and I want to know what Mr Evans is doing in the car park today?

Sure to be some people parking there... will he go the route of other companies by getting their details from the DVLA and where you previously had to bill the driver (which of course was impossible to prove who drove) it is now the owner/keeper.?

By the way ... all this clamping particularly in the manner Mr Evans has done it IS blackmail and demanding money with menaces ... any good lawyer would tell you this ... the Police should have known this too... it is NOT a 'civil' matter.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure