Cheery's country living adventure

Comments

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Definitely worth holding on, it's the principle of the thing to avoid that charge :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,694 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Certainly is :D :rotfl: That's 30p I can put to good use! :rotfl:

Gosh I'm tired. Stopped working at 6.30 (I hadn't *finished* what I was doing and have had an extremely unproductive day altogether but I just couldn't face any more :o ). We had sausages cooked outside on our little metal grill thing that we forgot we had :D Most civilised :D

Since then I've been pottering about raking, shoving the last of yesterday's dandelion massacre into a giant waterbutt to be turned into fertiliser tea stuff :j Got the mower out and did the lawn (well, half of it :o the other half has got a bit long, so will need the scythe again first, oh dear! :o :rotfl: ) then spent the last hour walling, until Mr Cheery came out and retrieved me - by that point I was just sitting on a stone staring at the bloody thing completely unable to find any other stone that fit :o:o :rotfl:

Bloody thing.

Still, the farmer came round earlier and said I was doing a good job :rotfl: I don't believe him for a second :p To be honest I think he's just impressed I'm having a go :rotfl: :rotfl: There's a bloke up the road who's just stuck a pallet behind one of his fallen down walls - farmer is NOT impressed with him AT ALL :eek: :rotfl: :rotfl:
  • pinkypig
    pinkypig Posts: 1,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    You're right energetic with that scyth Cheery, you'll be as fit as a fiddle by the end of the summer :T

Your day off sounds fab :D
    Original mortgage £112,000 . Final payment due August 2027.
    Mortgage neutral achieved August 2020 - 7 years early!!!
  • Cheery_Daff
    I won't be if I carry on eating the way I have today! :eek: :o :rotfl:

Been in town today, got right spendy :eek: Tea and a sandwich from the treats budget with mr Cheery (£8), and then I went mad in H0me B@rgains and spent £18 :eek: some useful stuff (razors, pens, milk), some 'will come in handy but wasn't really necessary' stuff (candles, sunglasses), and some plain unnecessary (flower seeds etc). Did get quite a lot for my £18 in my defence, but even so... :o

Tired now :o Just waiting for Mr Cheery to finish band practice so we can go home. Wednesdays do drag on rather...
  • Cheery_Daff
    Morning chums :hello:

Well I am sat at my desk about to start work and the sun has come out. Isn't that always the way? Still, after today I have five days off :j :j :j So I am going to get my little head down and do as much as I can so I can have a nice satisfying time without thinking about work :j

Nothing much to report. Didn't bother with a shower this morning so I suppose that saves a tiny bit :D Porridge for breakfast (as usual), nice and cheap (I make it with water, although I do add peanut butter, sultanas and sugar). Cows have wandered into a different field (they seem to be creatures of whimsy - I thought they'd stay in one place til they'd eaten all the grass then move on but apparently not).

Got nowhere to be today (although I might sneak to a cafe with Mr Cheery and a pile of papers to read later). Someone is coming this evening to collect something we put on Freegle - yes we finally got round to putting some stuff on as well as taking it off :rotfl: Got rid of one thing, someone's collecting the second tonight, a third ended up in the tip as the only two people who said they wanted it later changed their minds, and the fourth I'm just trying to arrange for tomorrow...

Did a yougov survey this morning - sitting at 1660 points now so probably I'll be about 80 by the time I get to cashout :rotfl: Prolific sitting at £17.71 with £1 waiting for approval. Will keep an eye on that throughout the day.

Right, best get on. Have a good day all :j
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    It all adds up :) Hope you have a blissful bank holiday weekend :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Hey cheery - I came over recently from the "waiting to exchange threads" - you are doing really well!!!! I may join you on the survey side but not sure really where to start and it may not be a great use of my time at this time of year as there is so much Garden and allotment to do there aren't really enough hours in the day but the bank holiday weekend is looming with a list of jobs I will add to my thread

What veg are you going to grow/growing?

SLM
  • Cheery_Daff
    Hi SLM :hello: Have you moved now too? Hooray if so! :j (I have a feeling I should already know the answer :o did you move before me?! :o )

I know the feeling with there being so much to do outside :eek: I limit surveys now to the secret survey site (P1necone) that I was lucky enough to get into once - never get screened out and pay is good and surveys quite infrequent so I keep that on :j The only other one I do these days is Prolific Academic - interesting surveys and only get offered ones you're actually suitable for - actual academic research not market research (I get quite bored answering questions about which is the best shampoo...)

Did another £1 prolific survey today so when the £2 has been approved I'll be up to £19.71 - definitely get to payout this month :money:

Which is a good job, as I've just been doing YNAB/bank shuffling :eek: So much for having a 'spare' £200 for the savings pot this month - I've discovered that it was only due to my own shoddy accounting :eek: :o:o:o Too complicated to explain what I'd done, but suffice to say £180 of it was imaginary :eek: :eek: :o:o

Hey ho. I am grateful I wasn't relying on it to feed my family :o

Idiot.

Oh well. Had a nice day today anyway :D A video chat with a friend this morning, and it's been absolutely p*ssing down and really quite foggy, so I've stayed inside and had a good clean, which I'd not done for weeks (or probably since moving in, in fact :o :rotfl: ) Obviously there are still boxes all over the place (although they're slowly being unpacked :j ) and things won't be in the right place until the stupid builder has been to sort out the upstairs rooms, but it feels like a *home* again now, rather than some kind of storage facility/shed :rotfl: :rotfl:
  • Cheery_Daff
    Ooh, just checked secret survey site and had enough in there for a £10 cash out which I've now requested :j :j

That'll go in the mortgage OP pot, so with that and prolific I might get up to £450 by the end of the month :j
  • edwink
    edwink Posts: 2,968 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    Thank you so much for the info on poultry Cheery. I was going to check again at the weekend like I always did. My hens are now running about like loonies all over the place. Wherever I look there is a hen or a duck somewhere and its great, really great the ban on letting them out has been lifted. I couldn't be anymore happier for my feathered friends.

Looks like you are doing well on your surveys and bringing in a little extra money. Every little helps eh?.

Weather not looking good tomorrow here and Wales. Just hope the rain doesn't batter all the little seedlings :(. For us so far it is lettuce and tomatoes so really behind this year what about you?.

Weather is meant to be nice on Monday so will be able to have another day in the garden. Hope you are not working on Bank holiday Monday Cheery! Are you going to give yourself a day off?.

I love reading your thread and hearing what you have been getting up to. Keep up the good work.

Edwink
    **3.36 kWp solar panel system, 10 x Ultima & 4 x Panasonic solar panels, Solaredge Inverter **Biomass boiler stove for cooking, hot water & heating **2000ltr Rainwater harvesting system for loo flushing - **Hybrid Toyota Auris car **1 ex-battery hen - RIP Pingu, Hoppy & Ginger ****Hens & Ducks**** chat thread. http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5282209
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback