Breach of confidentiality question?

Comments

• BoGoF
    BoGoF Posts: 7,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Surely it is common sense that something as sensitive as a department being made redundant is a confidential matter.
  • mell242
    mell242 Posts: 137 Forumite
    If you were being made redundant would you really not discuss it with anyone? If I hadn't mentioned the department was going to our partners..who I was told knew them they would have questioned this too.

The only part of the plan I mentioned was my department going. Nothing else. I have no bitterness as I agreed the department was obsolete.

Thanks anyway. I just wanted to ascertain when something is confidential or not if it is not said.
  • mell242
    BoGoF wrote: »
    Surely it is common sense that something as sensitive as a department being made redundant is a confidential matter.

Seriously? No. I have been in the education industry for 25 years. No it's not common sense to me. Strategic plans are published on university websites as a matter of course.
  • BoGoF
    Well I hope you have been in your current job for more than 2 years.
  • mell242
    Why?
    15 actually
  • k3lvc
    k3lvc Posts: 4,174 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    mell242 wrote: »
    Seriously? No. I have been in the education industry for 25 years. No it's not common sense to me. Strategic plans are published on university websites as a matter of course.
    So send us a link to one that shows that a department/function is to be made redundant.

It seems to be common sense to everyone else that a situation such as this is confidential
  • mell242
    I'll be able to forward mine in a week!
  • mell242
    I have just found out that there are infact 2 plans. The first one was forwarded to our partners and that does not mention my department closing. The one that I have does state this!
  • ssparks2003
    ssparks2003 Posts: 809 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Subject to how the management see you actions but this could quite easily end as a gross misconduct hearing with hr
  • BoGoF
    So as everyone has said....a department closing is a confidential matter.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback