New Boiler Pay Monthly Finance

Im a landlord in London and my tenant has asked for a new boiler to replace a very old one!

I told her to get 5 new boiler replacement quotes: help link £17 per month, hassle free boilers, british gas £3700, boxt and homeserve heating £2100 & eon - happy with 1 of them.

Is there a free boiler scheme as my tenant is on benefits and the boiler is old? If not can we get interest free boiler finance?

Any links to offers and deals?

Is the Homeserve straight replacement for Ideal Logic + good?

Thanks.

Comments

• plumberpaig
    plumberpaig Posts: 65 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I can't link to resources so you'll have to Google

1. ECO Scheme
    2. Affordable Warmth Obligation

I would go for the Ideal Vogue (if you really want an Ideal) but depending on your hot water needs it's hard to tell what size of boiler you require.

How many bedrooms and bathrooms do you have? Is there anything else they will supply and fit for you on the quote? Is the price inclusive of VAT?

On the face of it, £2100 seems a few hundred pounds too much.
  • is a combi boiler easier to install rather than a boiler that has a hot water tank and what are the advantages of having a tank? does anybody know?

i have had a really expensive quote from british gas which is more than £7000 which i find a little crazy considering i no longer want to move the boiler (extra to move it)

which boilers would you guys recommend from Worcester and Vaillant and Viessmann?

thank you in advance to everybody
  • plumberpaig
    plumberpaig Posts: 65 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    A combi boiler heats water instantaneously, i.e, it doesn't have a hot water store (hot water cylinder). It's cheaper to install when new as there are fewer parts obviously. It's also space saving and can be installed almost anywhere, like a kitchen cupboard. Moving a combi boiler costs about £300-400.

The advantage of having a hot water cylinder is you can usually fill up a bath a lot quicker and also run two showers at once with no issues. You'll need more space and often will have to make do without park of your loft, or your airing cupboard for example.

When replacing, the costs are about the same.

Hope that helps.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport