Bought Used Car on Hire Purchase, but need to change address

Hello.

So, convolutedly the short version of my circumstances are as follows;

I just bought a used car today on the Hire Purchase plan, all the finance went through okay, and I got the complimentary insurance and stuff to drive the car home.

The issue stems from the fact that I currently live at an address of a house I currently pay the mortgage of with my partner, yet the address doesn't match my license (yet), banking or anything. The only thing that ties me to the address I live in is my payslips for my new job I started 5 months ago.
So all my banking, current insurance for the car I exchanged and paperwork ties me to my old address, which was my parents, having only just moved into my new house a few months ago (big fixer upper, owned for a nearly two years, but not lived in for most of that).

So my question is, if I suddenly changed all my addresses for everything in the next 5 days while I have the complimentary insurance, would that draw up any red flags to any wrongdoing in achieving the loan for the new used car?

I lived on and off at the new address while doing work to it, and at the dealership while purchasing the new car I was just recommended by them to say, for all intents and purposes, I still live at my old address to get finance, which I did.

Just don't really want to get done for anything (if I even could) for changing the address on everything literally days after agreeing on finance.

Cheers,

Comments

• Pixie5740
    Pixie5740 Posts: 14,515 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    S.Biggles wrote: »
    Hello.

So, convolutedly the short version of my circumstances are as follows;

I just bought a used car today on the Hire Purchase plan, all the finance went through okay, and I got the complimentary insurance and stuff to drive the car home.

The issue stems from the fact that I currently live at an address of a house I currently pay the mortgage of with my partner, yet the address doesn't match my license (yet), banking or anything. The only thing that ties me to the address I live in is my payslips for my new job I started 5 months ago.
    So all my banking, current insurance for the car I exchanged and paperwork ties me to my old address, which was my parents, having only just moved into my new house a few months ago (big fixer upper, owned for a nearly two years, but not lived in for most of that).

So my question is, if I suddenly changed all my addresses for everything in the next 5 days while I have the complimentary insurance, would that draw up any red flags to any wrongdoing in achieving the loan for the new used car?

I lived on and off at the new address while doing work to it, and at the dealership while purchasing the new car I was just recommended by them to say, for all intents and purposes, I still live at my old address to get finance, which I did.

Just don't really want to get done for anything (if I even could) for changing the address on everything literally days after agreeing on finance.

Cheers,

No

need more characters
  • Edi81
    Edi81 Posts: 1,444 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    The HP firm need to understand your full address history for the past 3 years.
    If an undisclosed address comes up from the driving licence the. They have the right to withdraw the finance and it!!!8217;s bye bye new car.

Your post isn!!!8217;t clear on what address is on your licence and what address history was given to the finance history including time at the address.

The dealer really should know better than to suggest that! I used to work in car finance and we used to often withdraw finance st the last minute for this reason.
  • Pixie5740
    Pixie5740 Posts: 14,515 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Edi81 wrote: »
    The HP firm need to understand your full address history for the past 3 years.
    If an undisclosed address comes up from the driving licence the. They have the right to withdraw the finance and it!!!8217;s bye bye new car.

Your post isn!!!8217;t clear on what address is on your licence and what address history was given to the finance history including time at the address.

The dealer really should know better than to suggest that! I used to work in car finance and we used to often withdraw finance st the last minute for this reason.

I read it as the OP already has the finance and the car.
  • Edi81
    Edi81 Posts: 1,444 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    But this doesn!!!8217;t necessarily mean the dealer has the cash from the finance company.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure