Be Lean for Halloween with Slimming World

Comments

• joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Been shopping this morning and tried to get the Ribena Winter Spice and can't believe that Tesco don't stock it! Asda have got it on special offer at the moment @ £1.50 a bottle instead of the usual £2.49.

Will need to make a special trip tomorrow as it's in the opposite direction to Tesco's, typically!

Looking forward to trying it. Years since I've had hot blackcurrant - used to have it as a teenager in the old Wimpey Bar (showing my age now!)!

Denise
  • maman wrote: »

Wow! You're really well organised lush and you're spoiling that husband of yours!:).

I try to be - I have to admit I ended up getting an over draft (£100) a couple of months ago and I need to get rid of it and I also have an account with Studio that I bought some holiday clothes on as I desperately needed them and couldn't find any in any stores. I have worked out if I save £100 less than usual this month (usually save about £325 per month in two accounts - a personal one and a joint; I'll not add to my personal one for two months) then I should be able to get Studio paid off and also hopefully half my overdraft if not get rid of it completely.

I'm desperate to be back on top finances wise - I had to up the amount going in to joint savings to £200 when OH wasn't selected for Rio to cover the income he was going to lose from his athlete funding but have found it hard to adjust to so little truly disposable income (under £90 a month now which after SW, a copy of the magazine, a strip of raffle tickets at each group and maybe a coffee or a breakfast out and OHs weekly chip shop tea doesn't leave a busting amount for incidentals/replacing clothes/shoes etc!)

I'm trying not to spoil him so much as truth be told I miss out on a lot to appease him which is mad as he's a grown man (and I'd rather be spending my money on littlie!) really want to challenge myself so I think I'll do a 7 day (non essential) spending fast and also probably do a one month food/exercise based challenge too - maybe a 3 SP days a week plus 1hr of zumba twice a week type thing in November to properly get back on the straight.

I have added another 2 syn mocha and also a cookie at a whopping 6 syns. SIX. that's ridiculous. but anyway syns done for the day as no syns in my evening meal and no snacking tonight
    Daughter born 26/03/14
    Son born 13/02/21
  • TakeItEazy
    TakeItEazy Posts: 2,660 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Evening all
    Can't remember what I've said already but after having a panic attack at Drs Friday, I had 2 in quick succession on Sunday (probably continuation of 1st instead of separate ones). Long story short, now signed off and on meds :(.
    I really want to go to my Head and Senco and say 'see! I told you my anxiety was bad :mad:). Signed off for week but with half term it's 2 so hopefully meds will kick in before I go back. Not that keen on meds as last lot made me gain weight, Dr has promised me these won't and I'm holding her to it ;)
    Can't believe the relief I feel not having to go to work :o just got to avoid the kitchen except meal times! Wish me luck :A
    Its not what you do but the way that you do it, thats what get results :T
    Keep the Faith All

Heartbroken 12.12.13 :cry:
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,249 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    TIE~~I have no words.
    I think that it is truly shocking that it has come to this.
    Take care of you..
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,581 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    beanielou wrote: »
    TIE~~I have no words.
    I think that it is truly shocking that it has come to this.
    Take care of you..

I know what you mean beanie but sadly I'm not shocked. I see it in schools all too often.

I'm pleased, delighted even, that the GP has signed you off tie. I think you should go back next week and if you're not feeling 100% then you should be signed off for longer. When you do go back to work insist on a return interview where you can tell them what's led to this.:mad:

Just come on here in the day if you find yourself trying to snack. We'll keep you on the straight and narrow.:A

Our makeshift dinner turned out really delicious. It was roughly based on the root veg tray bake from last month's magazine but with just what I had in so a few tweaks. I used carrots, red and white onions, garlic cloves and potatoes and thyme instead of rosemary then cauli and broccoli on the side. I also remembered I had a tiny bit of HB gravy left from Sunday in the fridge so we had that too. It made a difference from sausage and mash.

I think you're amazing to manage your finances so well lush. I bet there aren't many people who can plan a beautiful wedding and a family holiday and come out of it with just a few pounds owing. It really is a small budget left over each month though. Will it improve when littlie turns three? I like your idea of challenging yourself with the money, food and Body Magic. I seem to only have SP meals by accident (like omelettes and soups) but I suppose they all count.
  • orlao
    orlao Posts: 1,090 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Evening all,

-.5lbs please Shala. 1.5lbs to target and I'm determined to do that next week - famous last works or what??? :rotfl:

After all my angsting last week about whether to drop the target, I've decided to stick with it for now and concentrate on staying there once I get there...

Hope all are well and carry on plodding/speeding or in my case trudging to a slimmer life.
  • joedenise wrote: »
    Been shopping this morning and tried to get the Ribena Winter Spice and can't believe that Tesco don't stock it! Asda have got it on special offer at the moment @ £1.50 a bottle instead of the usual £2.49.

Will need to make a special trip tomorrow as it's in the opposite direction to Tesco's, typically!

Looking forward to trying it. Years since I've had hot blackcurrant - used to have it as a teenager in the old Wimpey Bar (showing my age now!)!

Denise

It was £1.50 last fridays in Sainsburys Denise x
    SPC NO 041

STARTED SW 04/14 - TARGET 05/16 - TOTAL LOSS 10ST 3.5LBS :dance:
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,249 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    It was £1.50 last fridays in Sainsburys Denise x

Thanks b e g.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • wizkid1
    wizkid1 Posts: 1,833 Forumite
    Hi this is my today's menu...

Breakfast.. porridge A/B raspberries blueberries

Lunch. Mushroom soup ( onions leek carrot mushrooms ) 1 Rivita 1.5 Syns

Dinner. Soup as lunch. Half Ham salad sandwich 3 Syns clementine

Extra. 1 Ryvita 1.5 Syns
    6 Syns
  • greentiger
    greentiger Posts: 2,406 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi TIE, my heart goes out to you. In my previous life, I was DHT responsible for the management of a unit for children with moderate learning difficulties (among many other things, of course) in our school, When it opened it was fine, but then the mld bit went by the board and we started to take in children with much more severe difficulties, then behavioural difficulties - and all this with a presumption of mainstream integration! Teachers, SAs (and kids) were not adequately supported - and there wasn't a thing I could do about it. It was demoralising. I loved my job, I did find it very stressful - and I didn't realise how badly it was affecting me until I was off with breast cancer. I retired on ill health grounds. So, TIE, take all time you need to get yourself sorted. If you want/need to go back, make sure you're in good health and in the right frame of mind. It's a job that needs all your energies.
    Sewing 46/COLOR]Woollies 6Card s 17Reading 11/40
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport