Quote for refitting a bathroom

Got a quote from a fitter to refit a bathroom, remove old tiles and appliances and install new tiles on floor and wall, shower panel, basin vanity unit, toilet, shower enclosure and shower.

It’s a small bathroom around 2150mm x 1650mm. I was quoted £1600. Is this fair?

Comments

• tacpot12
    tacpot12 Posts: 7,962 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    It sounds fair enough to me; if you are supplying the tiles AND they are actually going to remove all the appliances. If this price includes the tiles, then it is very good.

They will have to take quite a bit of care if they are going to remove everything that is plumbed in in order to tile, plus they have to allow for problem removing old fittings. Are you sure they are going to remove everything? Or will they just tile around everything?
    The comments I post are my personal opinion. While I try to check everything is correct before posting, I can and do make mistakes, so always try to check official information sources before relying on my posts.
  • abbas5001
    abbas5001 Posts: 341 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    tacpot12 wrote: »
    It sounds fair enough to me; if you are supplying the tiles AND they are actually going to remove all the appliances. If this price includes the tiles, then it is very good.

They will have to take quite a bit of care if they are going to remove everything that is plumbed in in order to tile, plus they have to allow for problem removing old fittings. Are you sure they are going to remove everything? Or will they just tile around everything?

yeah this includes labour only. i am supplying the tiles. the fitter will remove everything. this does not include the cost of any materials
  • phill99
    phill99 Posts: 9,093 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    So are you supply ALL plumbing connections, mastic, adhesives, pipe fittings etc?
    Eat vegetables and fear no creditors, rather than eat duck and hide.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure