PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What are you making for dinner?

Options

Comments

• freyasmum
    freyasmum Posts: 20,597 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    If you layer the pasta up with the meat sauce when it's hot, it will soften up nicely by the time it's cool enough to freeze.

Then it would just be a case of cooking when ready :)
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,088 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Griddled spuds, mushrooms, fried egg and tinned plum tomatoes
  • suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Ribeye steak topped with Stilton ( oh so yummy) HM sweet potato wedges , mushrooms and peas
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    freyasmum wrote: »
    If you layer the pasta up with the meat sauce when it's hot, it will soften up nicely by the time it's cool enough to freeze.

Then it would just be a case of cooking when ready :)

Fab, that's what I was hoping. I usually leave a large one overnight before adding the white sauce and that works well but have never gone from 'layer to freeze' before :)
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,509 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Sort of All day brekkie tonight - some mushrooms and tomatoes that need using up and some LO mash and cabbage, which will make bubble for the men :)
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • SilverBird_2
    Options
    We're having a bubble and squeaky concoction made from some gently fried onions mixed with the remnants of a tin of corned beef that's been hiding the freezer, left-over Brussels sprouts, fresh mashed potato and a handful of grated cheese, with fried tomatoes on the side. Fresh fruit for dessert.
    #Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain #We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us #If you focus on what you have left behind, you will never see what lies ahead - Gusteau/RatatouilleGC 2022: £0/£2,500 total spend
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Lunch will be tuna mayo jackets and salad and it's He Who Knows birthday today so we're treating ourselves to a meal at the pub!
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,685 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    SilverBird wrote: »
    We're having a bubble and squeaky concoction made from some gently fried onions mixed with the remnants of a tin of corned beef that's been hiding the freezer, left-over Brussels sprouts, fresh mashed potato and a handful of grated cheese, with fried tomatoes on the side. Fresh fruit for dessert.
    This sounds yummy. I'm tempted to open a tin of corned beef and leave it in the fridge just to have the excuse. :)

Tonight is belly pork, new potatoes, carrots, cabbage, sprouts and cauliflower. And some individual stuffing balls if I can find them in the freezer.
    Just put 1.5kg of chicken thighs in (bone-in) that I bought for £2.00 so I can't move stuff around that much to search.
  • MrsPear
    MrsPear Posts: 55 Forumite
    Options
    Nope Kerri - still none the wiser plus today he ran through some undergrowth at school in shorts and came out in another rash. Que mad dash to school to give more piriton!

Tonight’s dinner is hm chicken and bacon pie. I used a hairy bikers recipe as a starting point then adapted a little to got what I had in the cupboards. Will have vegetables - i an thinking green beans. The boys usually double carb so I’ll do wedges.

Yogurt or lemon drizzle for pudding.
    Gc challenge £363.53/ 500
    Y Feb 317.28 / 350
  • MrsPear
    MrsPear Posts: 55 Forumite
    Options
    Oh and I went off corn beef age around 9 when my father made me corn beef and pickle sandwiches for pack lunch. It was a warm day - enough said!
    Gc challenge £363.53/ 500
    Y Feb 317.28 / 350
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport