DMP Mutual Support Thread - Part 12

Options

Comments

• meepatme
    meepatme Posts: 26 Forumite
    Options
    Quick updated advised SC of the delayed start date now December. Hacked a template letter going to all lenders stating my situation asking for interest and fee's to be hauled, I reference the SC reference number and asked under these stressful times to be contact in writing only. So I guess for now I go back to lurking and update as we clock into the next 4 months
  • StopIt
    StopIt Posts: 1,470 Forumite
    Options
    meepatme wrote: »
    Quick updated advised SC of the delayed start date now December. Hacked a template letter going to all lenders stating my situation asking for interest and fee's to be hauled, I reference the SC reference number and asked under these stressful times to be contact in writing only. So I guess for now I go back to lurking and update as we clock into the next 4 months

Good luck, and remember if you encounter any issues or need any specific advise, there's always someone on hand around here.

In debt and looking for help? Look here for the MSE Debt Help Guide.
    Also, If you need any free and impartial debt advice, the National Debtline, Stepchange, and the CAB can help.
  • Suseka97
    Suseka97 Posts: 1,562 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Good luck meepatme - sounds like you've got things off to a good start. You may find over the coming weeks you'll receive a glut of letters, but most of that will be computer generated - so get yourself a folder to file them all way :) If some still try to call - just stick with the 'in writing' only mantra and they'll eventually get the point. It's all a bit of a waiting game now :)
  • meepatme
    meepatme Posts: 26 Forumite
    Options
    TY yes its time to be thicked skinned. Feel the bin will get used some and the block phone button. Defaults and no interest is the first goal, I just hope iv not got any nasty banks in the line-up
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    meepatme wrote: »
    TY yes its time to be thicked skinned. Feel the bin will get used some and the block phone button. Defaults and no interest is the first goal, I just hope iv not got any nasty banks in the line-up

Yes, good luck from me too:beer:. Please don't just lurk as you said you might, we'll always be happy to see you and hear of how your plan is working.

As for the banks, they tend to be a law unto themselves. I couldn't say who the nasty ones are likely to be for you. Hopefully all will play nice:j. A lot of people on here have had problems with Barclays/Barclaycard whereas my bugbear has always been Lloyds. They were a pain to deal with even back in the day when I didn't owe them a penny:mad:
  • expertsaving79
    Options
    Perhaps a very silly question - I am in a DMP and have about 3 years remaining - however I have £60k equity in my house which would pay it off and leave me still with 80 LTV - can I do anything???
  • 2017spark
    2017spark Posts: 49 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hello all!
    I just wanted to say a big thanks to you all for your kind words and help.
    SC came back to me today and have been really supportive. :)
    They have agreed to no payment next month - although it will show as a non payment - but its my first so they aren't worried.
    I have to redo a budget with them - I want to take my time with this as I really need to reduce it - and speak to them once i've done it
    They also said they will add my 'new' debt on - this may upset the others and will change my DMP - but its something they will have to accept i'm afraid!!

so, in all - not too bad and hopefully a big lesson for me!!

Hope you are all doing ok xx

2017spark wrote: »
    hello all - hope you are all well.
    I haven't posted in a while but feel I need to now - I've had my DMP with SC for a few months now and in theory am happy with the process but am struggling.
    Ive dropped them a note today, basically outlining the following:
    1. unexpected car repairs that are the amount of my monthly payment (a little more) - ive asked if they would cancel my payment this moth so I can pay it
    2. Ive asked for my DMP to be put on hold for 3 months so I can get sorted - I need to do a proper budget, that allows me to live to - at the moment im struggling to meet everything and finding myself sliding backwards. Ive asked to redo a budget and payments etc - ive been changing the payment amount almost each month and I fear this is making me look unreliable
    3. I have an old CC that ive kept hold of, its not part of my DMP - it should have been I know but I thought I could manage - I clearly cant and would like to make it part of my DMP

I feel like im drowning again under it all :( Has anyone else found themselves like this???
    The actual DMP has been great, I want to carry on - just need to get myself sorted out before I carry on
    I hope SC can help - they seem great so far. I'm just waiting to hear back from them.

Hope you are all having a better time than me! :(:(:(:(
  • motivated
    motivated Posts: 3,044 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Hi all
    Just felt the need to update my situation. I've been struggling mentally for a few months and have decided to ask SC to support us again :o. I was so upbeat about going it alone but it has taken up nearly all of my mental energy I've wondered if it is worth making myself poorly because of it. Ive not had anything bad from creditors I just think it's the 2 big loans I have with Halifax that have scared the life out of me for some reason. I convinced myself that they were going to take me to court etc and I wouldn't have the strength to face it.

I think I jumped the gun a bit and was sure I could do it but here I am very :o but relieved that in the words of Elton John "I'm still standing" sorry couldn't resist. At least this way I will have an end goal to aim for, I think it was the uncertainty of where the finish line was that threw me too.

Anyway well done to all who are tackling your creditors and making progress. However you are doing it I will be around as I need some light reassurance at the moment.

Just to add that SC were fantastic with me and are a Godsend :A
    M
    Emptying my lake with a teaspoon
  • vaper
    vaper Posts: 105 Forumite
    Options
    motivated wrote: »
    Hi all
    Just felt the need to update my situation. I've been struggling mentally for a few months and have decided to ask SC to support us again :o. I was so upbeat about going it alone but it has taken up nearly all of my mental energy I've wondered if it is worth making myself poorly because of it. Ive not had anything bad from creditors I just think it's the 2 big loans I have with Halifax that have scared the life out of me for some reason. I convinced myself that they were going to take me to court etc and I wouldn't have the strength to face it.

I think I jumped the gun a bit and was sure I could do it but here I am very :o but relieved that in the words of Elton John "I'm still standing" sorry couldn't resist. At least this way I will have an end goal to aim for, I think it was the uncertainty of where the finish line was that threw me too.

Anyway well done to all who are tackling your creditors and making progress. However you are doing it I will be around as I need some light reassurance at the moment.

Just to add that SC were fantastic with me and are a Godsend :A
    M
    Hi motivated, nice to see you posting.
    You have to do what's right for you, if it was causing you stress then you've done the right thing. Maybe you could consider self management again at some point when you feel more settled with things.
    Glad you're still standing :rotfl:
    Hope things go ok with stepchange for you:)
    Don't put menthol vape juice in your eyes!!!
  • motivated
    motivated Posts: 3,044 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Thanks Vaper

I feel more relaxed already. I have a solid plan in action (again) and glad that I've done it now. I have worked out how much I would've repaid in 12 months from now and it is helping me a lot.

Hope all is going well with you
    M
    Emptying my lake with a teaspoon
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills