Selling your soul to the devil

Comments

• Moneybot
    Moneybot Posts: 10,436 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I have finally worked out why that stupid photograph on the guy on one knee proposing bugs me so much. they are a real couple who are getting married ergo he must have proposed. However who would have somebody else there to take a picture of the proposal? I assumed it is a either a recreation of the proposal or they had agreed beforehand he was going to propose and set up a picture of the moment. Either way who does that? It's like life can't just happen it needs to be photographed and shared on social media to death.

And who uses a photograph of their son proposing on a valentines competition?
    Rational judgement, now, at this very moment.

Virtuous action, now, at this very moment.
    (Wisdom, Courage, Self-control, Justice)

Willing acceptance - now, at this very moment - of what you can’t change
  • hdh74
    hdh74 Posts: 2,855 Forumite
    Oh my word, It'll be funeral parlour or death-bed photos next! :eek:
    2018 - £562  2019 - £130 2020 - £276  2021 - £106 2022 - £140
  • dontone
    dontone Posts: 4,871 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Moneybot wrote: »
    I have finally worked out why that stupid photograph on the guy on one knee proposing bugs me so much. they are a real couple who are getting married ergo he must have proposed. However who would have somebody else there to take a picture of the proposal? I assumed it is a either a recreation of the proposal or they had agreed beforehand he was going to propose and set up a picture of the moment. Either way who does that? It's like life can't just happen it needs to be photographed and shared on social media to death.

And who uses a photograph of their son proposing on a valentines competition?

Somebody quite desperate, I think :rotfl:
    Btw, there's a flash comp to win some Love Hearts. Answer - Red Roses. Somebody has put their own proposal pic on saying they prefer daffodils. :cheesy:
    At least she isn't bent down on one knee :rotfl:
    Be Lucky
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, £250 Reward Your thirst, £500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

comping = nowt more thrillin' than winnin':T :j
  • Juzza12
    Juzza12 Posts: 809 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    hdh74 wrote: »
    Oh my word, It'll be funeral parlour or death-bed photos next! :eek:

Now you've made me want to post pics where people have taken selfies with an open casket at a funeral :D
  • Moneybot
    Moneybot Posts: 10,436 Forumite
    Neither the newt nor Mr Bot suffer with a heart problem so I don't think I can enter this one

https://www.facebook.com/BioglanUK/photos/a.520805711367912.1073741828.519386381509845/1205157352932741/?type=3&theater

Did I miss the bit where it says describe in detail your or a loved ones heart condition?

This is just what I need to help me get my BMI down so that I can get on the transplant list.

Really? I mean really?
    Rational judgement, now, at this very moment.

Virtuous action, now, at this very moment.
    (Wisdom, Courage, Self-control, Justice)

Willing acceptance - now, at this very moment - of what you can’t change
  • dontone
    Not seen this one before..

'Liking & sharing to show I'm caring' .......... I just want to shout 'CRRRRRAAAAAAWLLLLLLLER!!!!'

Bleurgh!!!! MSE also needs a vomit Smilie

Be Lucky
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, £250 Reward Your thirst, £500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

• Misslayed
    Misslayed Posts: 14,143 Senior Ambassador
    First Anniversary Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper
    'Liking & sharing to show I'm caring' .......... I just want to shout 'CRRRRRAAAAAAWLLLLLLLER!!!!'

I've seen it all over the place, it's "Whoop whoop" that makes me want that button!
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Competition Time, Site Feedback and Marriage, Relationships and Families boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com All views are my own and not the official line of Money Saving Expert.
  • dontone wrote: »
    Not seen this one before..

Be Lucky

For me when anyone states "liked and PUBLICLY shared" I want to shout TEACHER'S PET!
    Why do mice have such small balls?
    Because so few of them can dance.
  • dontone
    For me when anyone states "liked and PUBLICLY shared" I want to shout TEACHER'S PET!

I have to admit that I write 'liked & shared, thank you' but tbh, it always looks lost amongst all the sad stuff.
    'Whoop, whoop' is annoying as well.
    Be Lucky

• cagsd
    cagsd Posts: 7,623 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I won, I won, I won!
    The woman with the son on bended knee has now gone one further and is posting EVERYWHERE that it's her son's birthday on Valentines Day. I have literally seen a dozen posts in my fb feed just now where she mentions this in all of them! ������
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure