This Time I'm Really Going To Do It

Comments

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,459
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I was relating, not moaning :)
    I know, sweetie - it was the rest of us you said were moaning :) think no more of it, I was just having a bit of a laugh ... sword fight with fingers tells you I really was, honest !

I'm on my tod totally for at least two days, which is why I'm having my social chat on here :p I was supposed to be seeing my business partner/best friend type person tomorrow :p but we'll be skyping, as I'm not well enough to go there. Excuse my blather ....
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • edinburgher
    edinburgher Posts: 13,447
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Ah, but I too was speaking in jest.

Taxing stuff, all these internet misunderstandings :rotfl:
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,459
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Tarnation!

:D
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,666
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    Watty1 wrote: »
    Busy weekend. Went to an evening wedding reception Sun eve - the wedding was clearly an amazing affair, the eve reception quite splendid. All held in a charming castle where attention to detail was perfect. Huge fun.
    But the cost - they got the venue and catering half price as was a Sunday - only £30,000 :eek: Plus cars, dresses, cakes, etc etc. I saw some of the photos and it was the most stunning location and day but wow what a price!

Did smile at a conversation held over the weekend. Someone was asking me about Mr Watty's life insurance and was horrified when I said he didn't have any and, for that, matter neither did I. He began to expand on the vital need for same when I said I had written a guide to running my business that would mean Mr Watty had a plan if anything happened to me and that he was happy with this. " But what you do if anything happened to him??? How would you pay the mortgage?" the man asked.
    I will not forget his face when I replied "We don't have one"
    :rotfl:
    Priceless! He was amazed that Mr Watty and I do not have a mortgage and thus ended his pitch for life insurance.

:eek::eek::eek::eek: is all I have to say about the cost of the wedding!!!!

What a fab convo re the life assurance :) :T
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • Watty1
    Watty1 Posts: 4,754
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    :rotfl: at Ed and KC sword fighting
    Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • edinburgher
    edinburgher Posts: 13,447
    Forumite
    On an unrelated topic, I met a Shetland pony the other day who decided to introduce himself (suspect people feed him as his field is directly next to a popular park). I was quite enchanted, wonder if DD would like one? :)
  • ajmoney
    ajmoney Posts: 6,211
    Forumite
    On an unrelated topic, I met a Shetland pony the other day who decided to introduce himself (suspect people feed him as his field is directly next to a popular park). I was quite enchanted, wonder if DD would like one? :)

One of my cousins got one as a first birthday present from a grandparent! Unfortunately not one on my side of the family.
    MFW 2024 No. 7 £300/£1200 MFiT-T6 No. 70 £14473.17/£22787.04
  • Shetland ponies are very cute but not useful for much...
  • What a fabulous conversation I bet you were grinning from ear to ear at his baffled look! Gosh what a pricy wedding. Ours was around the £10k mark and I thought that was hefty! x
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • Watty1
    Watty1 Posts: 4,754
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite

I'm sure she would and Al/Smallholding Sister and I are more than willing to encourage the purchase of said pony. Then you can spend a fortune :)
    I used to ride a Shetland and looked after one for a neighbour. They can be cute but equally are a force to be reckoned with. As a child I adored Amrise who I rode whenever my mum would take me there - but - he frequently left me in a ditch and went home alone :rotfl:
    Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback