Dreams and wishes....

Comments

• atrixa
    atrixa Posts: 549 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    That sounds lovely :) I'm looking forward to having my own yard so I can grow a few things in pots.
  • Dizzy_Ditzy
    Dizzy_Ditzy Posts: 17,462 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 19 June 2018 at 7:46AM
    The best thing I ever got for my PF was a ball with little spikes on them, from Amazon. I'm not gonna lie, it is about the most painful thing ever to start with but after a few mins there is no pain and after about a month of using it, I stopped having any symptoms :D I still get the odd twinge every now and again but thats nothing that my little ball of pain wont fix

Something like this but I only paid about a fiver for it

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Myofascial-Professional-Acupressure-Reflexology-Therapy-Scott/dp/B079BPDJS8/ref=sr_1_18?ie=UTF8&qid=1529390580&sr=8-18&keywords=plantar+fasciitis+massage+ball

We've brought home garlic and spinach this week and the raspberries are just starting to come in now too :j :j
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Health & Beauty, Greenfingered Moneysaving and How Much Have You Saved boards. If you need any help on these boards, please do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert
  • savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Yay to home grown food. My raspberries have been delicious and I have had quite a few strawberries already.

I'm glad the town has a carnival - it sounds really welcoming. Your foot sounds blooming painful. I hope it is sorted v soon.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    Grrr, have had an awful night tossing and turning - nerves because I'm meeting my new class and their parents today!

It'll be fine, I'm sure, so no idea why I felt I had to make myself tired and hopefully not grumpy....

Going to try and get my x-ray done tomorrow during PPA.

Have bought some of the new Bailey's, strawberries and cream. Not sure whether to save it or start enjoying it tonight....sounds scrumptious.

Wish me luck!
  • savingwannabe
    Good luck at new school. I saw the Bailey's in my supermarket and was tempted. Roll on the weekend. :j
  • Kittikins
    The kids were lively, nervous but on the whole cute - phew! Met lots of their parents at a 'tea party' and they were fab. It's going to be a huge change for me, them and the head but I'm more excited now about it all :)
  • Kittikins
    A week to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • savingwannabe
    I have a week and half but payday next week. yay. Am counting seconds.....
  • Kittikins
    We move on FRIDAY!!! And the packing has kind of ground to a halt :) I'm so lazy :)

(In my defence, I am writing my reports still.....8 to go :( )

I have also enjoyed the sunshine a bit, went out to physio on my ankle and am 'suffering' for it now, as the massage was v-e-r-y painful, but will help I know.

Thankfully today was a bit cheaper than yesterday, when I bought DD some much-needed underpinnings (!) and spent around £100. I'm so pleased she's not a fashionista, and am very grateful to the lovely lady in JLewis who measured and fitted her so well.

We had a Sunday movie night as a family, our last one before DD, KW and I set up our Movie Night Jar! We're going to each put in folded pieces of paper with film names on that we'd like to watch/re-watch and then select one at random. We have very eclectic tastes and a lot of good films between us!
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Skint_yet_Again Posts: 7,563 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Wow KK it's almost moving day ! Movie night sounds fun.
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure