IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking ticket Appeals

I have received aParking Charge Notice letter from TNC parking services. I am late addressing the issue for medical reasons. TNC have no system of online appeal. What should I do? Post it Recorded Delivery?

Thanks

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    How 'late' are you?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences.

Parking Eye, Smart and a smaller company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (who take hundreds of these cases to court, and nearly always lose), who have also been reported to the regulatory authority.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the HofC recently.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind most of these companies may well be put out of business by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • twhitehousescat
    twhitehousescat Posts: 5,368 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    TNC do not have an appeal system because they are NOT a parking Co , they are debt collectors!

no point in posting anything

who was the parking Co?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,447 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    http://test.bmpa.eu/companydata/TNC_Management.html

They are debt collectors, not a private parking company (PPC). Ignore them. Who is the PPC?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • LISS
    LISS Posts: 11 Forumite
    I fractured my arm in the 28 days appeal window and wrote to them at the beginning of this week (once my head was in gear after my accident)- there was no online facility to appeal. I am in Scotland, so Scots law prevails and in my letter(using the template from this site) did not admit liability.
    I was 5 days late replying and they have nowreceived my letter-I have a screen shot from Royal Mail that my letter was received.
    I have now received an 'Outstanding Parking Charge Notice' - dated 2nd March demanding payment today-
    and an extra charge of £76...bringing the total to £176.
    I am not sure what to do, but will do the work as you suggest.
  • LISS
    TNC do not have an appeal system because they are NOT a parking Co , they are debt collectors!

no point in posting anything

who was the parking Co?

parking company is P4Parking UKltd
    thanks
  • LISS
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Please delete that post as this is not your thread. And your case is about APCOA, this one isn't!

No need for any post at all, we have one APCOA thread today and two yesterday, read a few pages back on this parking sub-forum and find the APCOA ones. Read the advice on those.

Saves us repeating ourselves, we don't need any more APCOA threads and nor do you, as you mention you know about the template from the NEWBIES thread. Use that, as is, & keep proof of sending it, free from the PO (NOT RECORDED DELIVERY).

Simple.

''One size fits all'' I say in the NEWBIES thread...why do we get queries 'but shall I add this?'

Answer = Nope.

Anyway to be fair to the OP please delete your post here and I will delete mine.

No new thread needed.

please accept my apologies. I hope i haven't upset anyone.I read all the newbies post, however because I was late, I was unsure if my situation applied- the amount of information is overwhelming and am ver anxious to deal appropriately to this matter.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,577 Forumite
    This will give you a good idea of the chances of court action:
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,577 Forumite
    LISS wrote: »
    please accept my apologies...
    No need to apologise.

C-M's post was addressed to a hijacker who has subsequently deleted their post.

See what happens when people hijack threads... confusion.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,447 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    LISS wrote: »
    please accept my apologies. I hope i haven't upset anyone.I read all the newbies post, however because I was late, I was unsure if my situation applied- the amount of information is overwhelming and am ver anxious to deal appropriately to this matter.

Like KeithP says, it wasn't you! I was protecting your thread from a hijacker. :)
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure