".......Learning to dance in the rain!!"

Options

Comments

• mary_hinge
    mary_hinge Posts: 1,585 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    :jToday was a NSD!

We've spring cleaned the living room, Mr H moved all the furniture to hoover behind :eek: sorted out the little Hinge's arts and crafts tubs and filled 1/2 a bin bag :o We then got distracted with making paper areoplanes and having competitions on whose can fly the furthest :rotfl:

I then went for a lovely bubble bath on Mr H's orders.... I was cold to my bones and just couldn't warm up..... laid down whilst getting dry and woke up over 4 hours later :o:o Mr H had fed the kids and kept them out the way to let me sleep :love: can't shake this lingering background coldey virus and have had a headache all day. Broiche loaf toasted with nutella seems to help it loads :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Came across an offer for the local zoo for half term week, seems we will be swapping bowling or soft play for elephants, guraffes and monkeys :D

Hope everyone has had a lovely weekend!
    Living in a superhero induced haze :A:A
    "You did good Kidda!" :D
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Sounds like an absolutely perfect day :T Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,268 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Hope you feel a wee bit better today Mrs H :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • mary_hinge
    Options
    I feel slightly more human today!

The little H's had a fantastic time at the trampoline place although Missy H is in agony today :( Mr H joined them although mainly from the sidelines :rotfl:muttering he is too old for this marlarky :rotfl:

Slow day here in the house of Hinge, everyone still in their pjs other than me! I've had to de-hair/unclog the shower drain _pale_ Manky!! Now back draining well and smells of lovely bleach! Popped to the local Tescos for some more Pepsi :o and grab a meal deal sarnie whilst I was there:eek:, spent £6:cool: Unsure why I felt the need as the fridge is full of sandwich stuff and I generally don't like prepacked sarnies! :doh:forgot the shampoo I've meant to pick up the last twice I've been :mad:

Time for a cuppa and a chill until it's time for hobbies/swim lessons later :cool: So must for half term holidays :rotfl: nothing relaxing about it!
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,268 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    The joys of half term :rotfl:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • mary_hinge
    Options
    Everyone feeling loved up? :smileyhea:happyhear:lovethoug:heart::kisses: Mr H and I don't buy in to Valentine's day - we hate each other all year round :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Superman had his usual sausages and scrambled eggs, Missy H made pancakes for her and master H's breakfast, we avoid them on pancake day as we eat them all year round and Mr H doesn't like to be "dictated" to :rotfl:

Only one cuppa so far this morning, we have no milk left :eek: took my eye of the ball on that one didn't I :o Will have to get showered and head out to the shop, I'm not human with out at least 3 cups :rotfl:maybe I can remember the shampoo this time :o
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    mary_hinge wrote: »
    Everyone feeling loved up? :smileyhea:happyhear:lovethoug:heart::kisses: Mr H and I don't buy in to Valentine's day - we hate each other all year round :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:o

Snigger :rotfl: Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • Bubblesmum
    Bubblesmum Posts: 1,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Waving madly.... congratulations on the wee hitch hiker
    As a dear MSE friend says “keep plodding” or
    What does the saying say.... When life hands you lemons, crack open the Gin......
    Or as my Mum would instil, brush yourself down, tomorrow is another day or
    Fake it, to you Make It

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5681736/dancing-through-the-rain-with-a-smile-and-good-cheer#latest
  • mary_hinge
    Options
    Bubblesmum wrote: »
    Waving madly.... congratulations on the wee hitch hiker

:beer: Welcome back BM!! I hope you are well?!

I went shopping, picked up 2 huge lego city sets in the bargain bin 50% off :T to put away for Superman's birthday in the summer..... That boy does love his lego :rotfl: in my excited I forgot to get my shampoo :cool:

I've hunted out hats and gloves for the little Hinges ready for our Zoo visit - going to be cold and I'm not paying entry fees to listen to Superman moan he is cold all day :o Will put the picnic together last thing before bed... ice blocks and tbf it is freezing enough in the hallway to resemble a fridge :rotfl: need to be up and out by 9am to beat the queues!

Emails received with the invoices for this half terms music lessons, £105 to pay on return to school.... good job it's already budgeted for. Superman enjoys his lesson but isn't really "getting better" thankfully we knew this was more sensory therapy then getting him a career in drumming! Missy H on the other hand has come on leaps and bounds since we switched her tutor back in september, I think they just "get" each other and it works! I love hearing her strumming away singing along :D makes my heart swell.

Slow cooker is on with beef stew for dinner later, will make up some yorkie puds and a pan of mash - something for everyone then!
  • Bubblesmum
    Bubblesmum Posts: 1,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hello, yes, thank you I am fine, I have been working for 6 months so dipped out of MSE , but that comes to an end on 27/2 and I am determined to do things better - so will restart diary....

Love hearing about the brood all doing well
    As a dear MSE friend says “keep plodding” or
    What does the saying say.... When life hands you lemons, crack open the Gin......
    Or as my Mum would instil, brush yourself down, tomorrow is another day or
    Fake it, to you Make It

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5681736/dancing-through-the-rain-with-a-smile-and-good-cheer#latest
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure