Tesco Bank

Comments

• YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I rec an e-mail from their Fraud dept asking to contact them Urgently..
    Did the e-mail use the word "urgently"?

I wouldn't have treated such an e-mail as "urgent" at all, after I'd read it maybe tomorrow or Monday, or the next time I checked my e-mails. To me, if the need to make contact was "urgent" I'd have expected them to call me or at the very least send me a text.

As such, I wouldn't have rushed to call them...and certainly not on a Saturday evening. After all, they're protecting their money/liability, not mine!
  • Klopek
    Klopek Posts: 41 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 5 November 2016 at 10:51PM
    Did the e-mail use the word "urgently"? ...

No, it states:

"[FONT=&quot]This is a message from Tesco Bank Fraud Department. It's important we speak with you regarding your account. [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Please contact us on 0345 366 1281* as soon as possible.[/FONT]"[/FONT]
  • e-mail said contact them ASAP and Yes i rec a text as well to reinforce the fact..

Wouldn't have spent a hour on hold on the phone otherwise..
  • Archi_Bald
    Archi_Bald Posts: 9,681 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Had text at 21:15 from the Tesco Bank Fraud Department saying "it's important we speak with you".

Email at the same time. Been hanging on on the phone since about 21:17. The music is awful, and the woman who keeps telling me that "Our customer service representatives really want to talk to you" is clearly lying.

tesco.jpg
  • I got a text and an email at 21:58 . Likewise I can't get through to them on the phone. Maybe these messages were sent out to thousands of people by mistake?
  • jem16
    jem16 Posts: 19,398 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Same text and email around 8.30pm. Gave up after 45 minutes and after reading this thread.

Did you phone the number given in the email? I found it odd that it asked me to phone the number for Credit cards ( according to website ) when it's my Current account they're talking about.

Online banking shows balance as expected. Transferred it to another Tesco account meanwhile.

Has anyone managed to find out what has happened yet?
  • I phoned the Current account no off the website as when I phoned I wasn't 100% sure the e-mail or the tel no within it was genuine.

Balances on accounts as of about 2 hrs ago were what I'd expect so not moving anything yet.If they haven't called me back by tomorrow night or figured out exactly what's gone on it might be a different story.
  • jem16
    jem16 Posts: 19,398 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    I phoned the Current account no off the website as when I phoned I wasn't 100% sure the e-mail or the tel no within it was genuine.

Yes I did too. The number given in the text wasn't even a contact number although I did eventually find it listed but for credit Cards.
  • Archi_Bald wrote: »
    Had text at 21:15 from the Tesco Bank Fraud Department saying "it's important we speak with you".

Email at the same time. Been hanging on on the phone since about 21:17. The music is awful, and the woman who keeps telling me that "Our customer service representatives really want to talk to you" is clearly lying.

Agreed !! They could at least say how long approx you have to wait or no in the queue,that said its obs something has gone completely t*ts up tonight and overwhelmed their systems.
  • Then why can't they post something on their website or Facebook. I mean this has been going on for nearly 2 hours on this thread alone. I guess some accounts may have a genuine problem, like, perhaps, the guy above with the Brazil transactions?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure