The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

KitchenAid Artisan Mixer 4.8L £279 plus free cheeseboard set

KitchenAid Artisan Mixer 4.8L Almond Cream (5KSM125BAC)

Price: £279.00
(Save - 49%) RRP £549.00

FREE STANDARD DELIVERY AVAILABLE ON THIS ITEM!

Plus FREE Simply Home Cheese Board Set with Knives ( worth £30 )

https://www.ecookshop.co.uk/ecookshop/product.asp?pid=5KSM125BAC&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIp5mVy4yp5gIVAuDtCh222QKlEAQYAiABEgIr2fD_BwE

In stock ( more than 50 available)

Comments

• Bacman
    Bacman Posts: 537
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    The attachment for the whisk, etc on new models seems to be click-in not spring loaded. That makes for a very noisy machine.

One thing that I was looking at when did a lot of research was the patented dual-dough hooks on the Cooks Professional (not current model) at around £150. When the dough gets stuck around one normal dough hook it is hardly going to knead it is it, it can only spin around in a circle. Dual means one holds the dough and the other one kneads it.

https://www.clifford-james.co.uk/homeware/kitchen-gadgets/1200w-cooks-professional-die-cast-stand-mixer-red/D9824

However, saw similar ones on The Range; their website says out of stock however went to our local one and they had 2 in stock so I got one. Not tried it yet though.

https://www.therange.co.uk/cooking-and-dining/kitchen-appliances/blenders-and-mixers/kitchen-master-stand-mixer/#156571

Have a look on the photos and you see the twin dough hooks. Also has a splatter guard which the KitchenAid doesn't. It's also £99.99, made of cast metal and has a powerful motor at 1200 watts.
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,849
    Homepage Hero I won, I won, I won! I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Senior Ambassador
    Bacman wrote: »
    The attachment for the whisk, etc on new models seems to be click-in not spring loaded. That makes for a very noisy machine.

One thing that I was looking at when did a lot of research was the patented dual-dough hooks on the Cooks Professional (not current model) at around £150. When the dough gets stuck around one normal dough hook it is hardly going to knead it is it, it can only spin around in a circle. Dual means one holds the dough and the other one kneads it.

https://www.clifford-james.co.uk/homeware/kitchen-gadgets/1200w-cooks-professional-die-cast-stand-mixer-red/D9824

However, saw similar ones on The Range; their website says out of stock however went to our local one and they had 2 in stock so I got one. Not tried it yet though.

https://www.therange.co.uk/cooking-and-dining/kitchen-appliances/blenders-and-mixers/kitchen-master-stand-mixer/#156571

Have a look on the photos and you see the twin dough hooks. Also has a splatter guard which the KitchenAid doesn't. It's also £99.99, made of cast metal and has a powerful motor at 1200 watts.

My attachments lock in and the machine is so quiet its unbelievable.

Never had dough stick to the hook and just go round in circles, its patience thats needed. When I first used the dough hook I though thats not going to work but after 2 -3 minutes I had perfectly smooth kneaded dough.

I also have a splatter guard on my KitchenAid.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Bacman
    Bacman Posts: 537
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Some Kitchenaid models have splatterguard, the model in the 1st post is without.
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,849
    Homepage Hero I won, I won, I won! I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Senior Ambassador
    Bacman wrote: »
    Some Kitchenaid models have splatterguard, the model in the 1st post is without.

Can be bought separately though.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure