How to obtain credit reports

1848586878890»

Comments

• Experian_company_representative
    Experian_company_representative Posts: 2,134 Organisation Representative
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    kjglen24 wrote: »
    Hey all

I was wondering if someone could help.... I am trying to obtain my credit report with Experian which is proving extremely diffiuclt.... I obtained my Equifax with no problems at all.... I applied for £2 stat report and had an email stating they needed ID, so I sent it special delivery which they lost, I then had to obtain them again (all my bank statements e.t.c. are online) and re-sent them 4 weeks agostill nothing.... I decided to do a 30 day free trial as I wanted to see my "score" and compare it with Equifax, again send ID.... I am completely at my wits end, any advice?

Thanks

Sorry you're having problems. If you send your details to us at customerrelations@UK.Experian.com we'll look into it for you.

James Jones
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of Experian. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"

Posts by James Jones, Neil Stone, Stuart Storey & Joe Standen
  • Zorz_2
    Zorz_2 Posts: 324 Forumite
    First Post
    Here's one for the Experian representative:

I want to get a copy of my Statutory credit report. Your website mentions that this takes 7 working days, in order to complete the identity verification I presume.
    However, I have already an account with Experian (and as a matter of fact, canceled my subscription very recently), so you have already verified my details. In that case, will my online credit report become available instantly or do you have to go through the whole process again? (None of my personal details have changed). Just to clarify, I am interested only in the £2 statutory report, not the rest of your credit scoring and insurance products.
    You wanna hear about my new obsession?
    I'm riding high upon a deep recession...
  • sfax
    sfax Posts: 1,154 Forumite
    Zorz wrote: »
    Here's one for the Experian representative:

I want to get a copy of my Statutory credit report. Your website mentions that this takes 7 working days, in order to complete the identity verification I presume.
    However, I have already an account with Experian (and as a matter of fact, canceled my subscription very recently), so you have already verified my details. In that case, will my online credit report become available instantly or do you have to go through the whole process again? (None of my personal details have changed). Just to clarify, I am interested only in the £2 statutory report, not the rest of your credit scoring and insurance products.

Whether your details have changed or not is irrelevant. Verification is also to prove you are who you say you are and as you'll be following a statutory report process rather than using a subscription login, you'll need to be verified - I think you'll have to wait for a password by post as an address check every time you order a report (Equifax do instant online £2 statutory reports if they can verify you using a credit card, Experian use a letter to the current address on your report)
  • Does anyone have proper contact details for Equifax and Call Credit, such as an enquiries phone number or email address?

I've looked on their websites (perhaps not far enough, I'll admit that, but when they've got a Contact Us page you'd expect that info to be there :D )

Experian are compliant with the BIS law that's now 7 years old on having contact details easily accessible on their website, but Equifax and Call Credit are not (at least from what I can see).

I just need to make a general enquiry, but Equifax and Call Credit don't want consumers to contact them without getting a copy of their credit report first...
  • Tixy
    Tixy Posts: 31,455 Forumite
    Does anyone have proper contact details for Equifax and Call Credit, such as an
    enquiries phone number or email address?

These numbers may work for equifax (from http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/loans/credit-rating-credit-score)

call 0844 335 0550 (020 7298 3000 , and asking for customer services can also work) and select option three. .

You have presumably got this email address for callcredit from their website [EMAIL="consumer@callcredit.co.uk"]consumer@callcredit.co.uk[/EMAIL]
    A smile enriches those who receive without making poorer those who give
    or "It costs nowt to be nice"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family