post office application process queries

I want to utilise the 0% over 28 months for a purchase.

I dont have any debt but i do have an existing credit card.

is the 0% for new purchases on the post office credit card, or only on what i will transfer from my existing credit card?

the balance transfer on application, it says minimum of £100, I dont have spend on my current credit card. will I have to spend £100 to be able to apply?

Will there be any issues with only transferring the minimum 100?

what determines exactly how much i can spend on the new post office credit card? I only want about 3k

thanks in advance

Comments

• MallyGirl
    MallyGirl Posts: 6,611 Senior Ambassador
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    You seem to be mixing up balance transfers and purchases deals. Which do you need - make sure you apply for the right thing. Not many cards offer both
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning, Loans
    & Credit Cards boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • PRAISETHESUN
    PRAISETHESUN Posts: 3,710 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    As above, you need to confirm if you have a 0% purchase card or a 0% balance transfer (BT) card. Purchase cards are, as the name suggests, good for making purchases. Any spend is deducted from your available balance, but no interest is charged until the promotional period ends. 0% BT cards are used to transfer debt from one credit card to another, typically for a % fee of the balance transferred, and then interest is charged at 0% for the promotional period on the new card - the old card is paid off (but not closed). Either way 0% interest doesn't mean nothing to pay - you will need to adhere to the minimum payments for your card otherwise you may lose the promotional offer and be charged full-rate interest on your entire balance for the entire period the card has been active. You will need to closely check the T&Cs of the card you've applied for to know what type of card you have, what rates apply and for how long.

My guess is that the minimum BT amount is only if you elect to actually do a BT - it's optional to do this, and from what it sounds like you don't intend to do this. What determines how much you can spend is your credit limit - you won't know this until you have applied for, and been accepted for the card.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure