Green Network Energy Reviews: Add your feedback on the energy supplier

Comments

• Great supplier. Been with since April 2017. Switch was easy. No issues with supply or service. App good for submitting readings.Quarterly bills clear and detailed, and available in app. payments taken correctly. Good communication by email. Not too much - no spam or hard sell. Can’t fault them.
  • Efficient and Easy! Been with Green Network Energy for about one year now and definitely recommend it. They just launch their Refer a Friend program, which you can earn £30 credit on your account every time you refer someone. As I have had no reason to complain I cannot really say how good their customer services are so if you are thinking of moving to them I would say go ahead.:j
  • jimroy
    jimroy Posts: 151 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 29 June 2018 at 11:09PM
    My family and I have been with GNE for well over a year now and they have come on leaps and bounds customer service wise. They actively took on board feedback and made improvements in the time we've been with them.

I can confidently recommend them. And now you can join Green Network Energy today to get £30 credit discount!

https://join.greennetworkenergy.co.uk/
  • RED_KEN
    RED_KEN Posts: 15 Forumite
    Been with them for 12 months and no problems so far.

With 6 months to go on this contract what is frightening is the cost of switching away when the 6 months is up.

Looks like an 18% jump as things stand. After 24 months with OVO plus 18 months with GNE all good things must come to an end.
  • My switch was seamless and quicker than expected - my previous switch to BG was a nightmare with them delaying the gas switch (of all the ones to fail at) on 2 occasions.
    My tariff (GNE Italian Touch 12 Month Fixed V8) is just about up but I will be switching as the price jumps over 30%.
    I have used the app without issue to see my bills and submit readings.
    I have had to contact them only once regarding a price increase. They answered the phone promptly and sorted out my issue efficiently and satisfactorily.
    If they come up cheaper again I would use them without hesitation.
  • Nardge
    Nardge Posts: 246 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Just took the plunge with this company following publication of MSE's Big Switch Event 11 yesterday.
    Not one of the 'Big 6', but they had the best active deal today as confirmed via the CEC, and I'll be out of contract with another non - Big 6 (First Utility) supplier from the 31st of October, so now was the right time to switch. A thumbs up to 'First Utility' with whom the last year has been seamless, and I'd have gladly remained with them had they been able to continue actively competing... I'll now be paying £27/month for 18 months (Green Network Energy), in lieu of £24/month for 12 months (First Utility), not the most painful increase by a long margin! :)
  • I was considering switching and have been reading reviews about Green Network Energy. I've noticed reviews that are identical from supposedly different people.

From a google review (Sophie Guerrero)
    Efficient and Easy! Been with Green Network Energy for about one year now and definitely recommend it. They just launch their Refer a Friend program, from which you earn £30 credit on your account every time you refer someone. As I have had no reason to complain I cannot really say how good their customer services are so if you are thinking of moving to them I would say go ahead with my experience so far.

From this thread (Lauren Greene):
    Efficient and Easy! Been with Green Network Energy for about one year now and definitely recommend it. They just launch their Refer a Friend program, which you can earn £30 credit on your account every time you refer someone. As I have had no reason to complain I cannot really say how good their customer services are so if you are thinking of moving to them I would say go ahead.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    opuk wrote: »
    I was considering switching and have been reading reviews about Green Network Energy. I've noticed reviews that are identical from supposedly different people.

From a google review (Sophie Guerrero)
    Efficient and Easy! Been with Green Network Energy for about one year now and definitely recommend it. They just launch their Refer a Friend program, from which you earn £30 credit on your account every time you refer someone. As I have had no reason to complain I cannot really say how good their customer services are so if you are thinking of moving to them I would say go ahead with my experience so far.

From this thread (Lauren Greene):
    Efficient and Easy! Been with Green Network Energy for about one year now and definitely recommend it. They just launch their Refer a Friend program, which you can earn £30 credit on your account every time you refer someone. As I have had no reason to complain I cannot really say how good their customer services are so if you are thinking of moving to them I would say go ahead.

Take reviews and feedback with a very large pinch of salt. Look at data from Which and Citizens Advice: the latter uses recorded complaints data.
  • I will have been with GNE for a year in November on the Italian Touch 12 Month Fixed V9 and up until now have been very happy with them. However I've just had a very misleading renewal letter from them trying to sell me on switching to their cheapest similar tariff (Italian Touch 12 Month Fixed V18).

I'm surprised at the scale of the errors and omissions

• It tells me that Italian Touch 12 Month Fixed V18 is the cheapest similar tariff and also their cheapest overall tariff, and gives me an annual projection based on my usage of 4939.90 kWh, but nowhere does it list the unit rate or standing charge for this tariff.
    • It does provide unit rate and standing charge figures for their standard variable rate and my current tariff which makes not including this information for their suggested tariff even more surprising,
    • It provides comparison figures for what I'd also pay if I do nothing and they switch me to their standard variable rate and another figure for what my bill would have been on my current tariff were it still available, however they've miscalculated the comparison in order to make their suggested tariff look like it's £35.06 cheaper than my current tariff when I'd actually be paying £248 more than I do currently.

Whilst I'm quite happy playing with Excel to double check their figures a lot of people wouldn't be so it seems pretty bad that they're sending out letters with missing information and obvious mathematical errors that appear to be designed to persuade you not to look elsewhere. I'm not sure whether I try to explain to their customer services that their renewal letters are just plain wrong.

Calculations below if someone wants to double check my logic

Projected Usage 4939.90 kWh
    Current Tariff - Italian Touch v9
    0.1247 unit rate, 0.1299 standing charge.
    My calculated annual figure = (365.25 * 0.1299) + (4939.90 * 0.1247) = £663.45
    Their projected figure for my current tariff = £883.39! which is £219.94 more than my calculation

Their Suggested Tariff - Italian Touch v18
    0.15677 unit rate, 0.2025 standing charge.
    My calculated annual figure = (365.25 * 0.2025) + (4939.90 * 0.15677) = £848.39 which is 6p different than their projected figure for this tariff which at least suggests my calculation method is sound.
  • Prilect
    Prilect Posts: 7 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 15 October 2018 at 11:21PM
    About to change over to GNE & would like advise prospective customers that your first Direct Debit will be taken before you have used any energy supplied by them.
    In the same month, you will be paying your old supplier & GNE even though they haven't supplied you any energy yet.
    Very many will find it difficult to pay 2 Direct Debits in one month.
    1st phone call to query this was unanswered after 10 minutes.
    Will advise how the switch over progresses.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback