The Great 'Student Discounts' hunt

Comments

• gos_2
    gos_2 Posts: 6
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    5% student discount on http://www.discounthotels.co.uk/student-discount.htm

Can be paid to your paypal account, as Amazon or iTunes vouchers or as a donation to the NSPCC.

I'm gonna be doing all the group bookings for my me and my friends from now on.
  • sophief333
    sophief333 Posts: 256 Forumite
    Get a free Waterstones loyalty card (3p for every £1 spent) and at the start of the school term save 10%
  • Helix
    Helix Posts: 2,381
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    sophief333 wrote: »
    Get a free Waterstones loyalty card (3p for every £1 spent) and at the start of the school term save 10%

Are they definitely doing this offer again this year. I hope so because they have stopped the 10% Natwest Railcard discount now, so I will have to use the 10% at the start of term if they do it.
  • sophief333
    sophief333 Posts: 256 Forumite
    Helix wrote: »
    Are they definitely doing this offer again this year. I hope so because they have stopped the 10% Natwest Railcard discount now, so I will have to use the 10% at the start of term if they do it.

I'm not 100% sure about whats going with the Natwest Railcard as sometime we're (I work at Waterstones) told to use the discount and sometimes not, so its worth asking every time you buy something.

As far as I know they are planing to bring back the loyalty/student discount from around september-november like last year.
  • Ben & Jerry's icecream stands do 10% student discount, plus occasional student offers (usually random free stuff, once they gave away decks of cards...) Comes in handy because that stuff ain't cheap, and it works with any student card - I've used my college card and my (expired) UCAS card before (didn't notice it expired...oops) :rotfl:

Also Natwest student account gets you a free Student Railcard for 5 years (if you stay with them), which not only get you 1/3 off train fares but also gets you all the offers on the studentdiscounts.co.uk site as they've now teamed up. AND you get a free webcam. And possibly some other stuff I forgot about. I was impressed. :grin:

Great thread by the way, I'll certainly make use of some of the links since I'm off to uni in September, although I have noticed that the majority of them seem to think that Wales either doesn't exist or only consists of Cardiff and Swansea...not good for a Bangor student...National offers it is then.
  • Students at the University of the Arts London can get an Art Fund card for only £10 (its normally about £40!). :T
    It gets you in half price to lots of great exhibitions at Tate Modern, V&A etc, and loads of other places for free!

this will tell you everything you need to know :)
    http://www.artfund.org/student
  • RachelRa
    RachelRa Posts: 76 Forumite
    Students at the University of the Arts London can get an Art Fund card for only £10 (its normally about £40!). :T
    It gets you in half price to lots of great exhibitions at Tate Modern, V&A etc, and loads of other places for free!

this will tell you everything you need to know :)
    http://www.artfund.org/student

Oh damn you, Art Fund! I'm going to University College of Creative Arts (Farnham campus).. We're only 40mins out of london.. we should get it too.... it would be so useful. Oh argh.
    Entering competitions galore, not won anything yet!
    Selling for uni fund, T- 1 wk:
    Made
    -£1580
  • RachelRa wrote: »
    Oh damn you, Art Fund! I'm going to University College of Creative Arts (Farnham campus).. We're only 40mins out of london.. we should get it too.... it would be so useful. Oh argh.

It would be so useful! Not just London though, I know people studying art in Newcastle, Glasgow and Edinburgh who would be grateful for one o'these.

Does your uni not have similar perks?
  • RachelRa
    RachelRa Posts: 76 Forumite
    It would be so useful! Not just London though, I know people studying art in Newcastle, Glasgow and Edinburgh who would be grateful for one o'these.

Does your uni not have similar perks?

I'm not sure.. I'll have to wait to get there, but I've heard no talk of it... I'll be asking why!
    Entering competitions galore, not won anything yet!
    Selling for uni fund, T- 1 wk:
    Made
    -£1580
  • You can go to www.ericnike.com to get a full list of discounts. My uni issues its own ID numbers so i can't access the on-line site. if someone could login with their valid student id number and post the discount list here that would be really grand - Thanks in advance.:beer:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback