Default Removal - Strategy

Comments

• If a direct debit fails it won’t automatically try again a day or 2 later. They come out on set dates.

So would allies attempt to take the funds again after you’ve been paid?

You should have called and made a manual payment ASAP rather than waiting 4 days later
  • Hi Gary, thanks for the reply. As stated, I'd made it clear to Allied that the earliest I could have paid was 13th and I paid manually on the 17th as I realized at this point it hadn't been paid.

I appreciate your input, but I can't help but feel, you'll do anything to prove I am wrong, when actually, I think I am technically correct on this.
  • And no, they did not attempt to take funds at any point after the 11th - had they done, they'd have been successful. I articulated dates to them over and over and have record of this, hence why I don't think the outcome is fair, given this has not been accounted for.
  • If you agreed a direct debit date then that is the date it gets taken on.

If you needed it taken on a later date then you should have set the date for later
  • Gary.... I gave them 50 days notice to change the direct debit - that's the entirety of my point.

They failed to do so, the default is the result of this.... I'm not sure how you aren't fully understanding that....
  • Because your posts are all over the place and much too long and split across multiple postings.

By the by, the default still stands
  • It isn't across multiple posts - just this one. I think your just a bit of a troll to be honest. You've been nothing but unpalatable and really against the principals of this kind of forum. I wanted to share my story and I've been pretty open and upfront and you've just belittled me at every turn. I'd ask politely to stop commenting on my thread as I don't require your sarcastic and pathetic comments.

I am aware the default currently stands, but given the information I've provided AMEX - there is a very good chance you'll be eating your words.
  • More fool them if they buckle and remove it
  • Brilliant response Gary. Based on nothing - now you are just being a troll for the sake of it. Maybe do some research before commenting again.
  • sourcrates wrote: »
    The words "Morality", "Ethics" and "Honour" don`t sit well with me when disgussing financial institutions, the only lenders worthy of such titles, in my humble opinion, are Credit unions, who actually do take an ethical and helpful approach to lending.

Defaults can have a very hard impact on you, especially if your looking for new borrowing
    Well yes, and that is exactly how it should be.

Your objection seems to be that the people who you are asking to lend you money are able to see what you have done in the past.

I come at this from the opposite side you you, the banks who lent you the money set out the terms upfront, and honoured them, to the letter, whereas you failed to do the same and now ask that no-one be told of this.

If you default then you cannot demand that anyone lend you money ever again, and you absolutely do not get to demand that you get to hide what you have done.

The problems you had with money, they were not caused by the banks. I honestly feel that if you ever manage to take some responsibility for your own actions then you would be able to drop this silly campaign of yours and be in a happier place.

Are you able to have a happy home and family life while so eaten up with anger at the after-effects of you having spent more than you earned?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure