How to suggest it's time to hand over the car keys?

13»

Comments

• 50Twuncle
    50Twuncle Posts: 10,763 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I know of an old chap who is 97 and won't admit that he is too old to drive !
    He has hit several vehicles (luckily at low speed) and never admits blame ("it was going too fast" etc)
    I want to report him(anonymously) to the DVLA but am not sure that this is the best way forwards

He lives on his own and doesn't have a regular GP to inform and to be honest, I don't know whether losing his licence would stop him from driving anyway....

What would you do ?
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,014 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Report to the DVLA, AND to the police every time you see him driving dangerously.

Would he tell you if DVLA had revoked his licence, or if he'd been called to a driving assessment?
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • dipsy
    dipsy Posts: 3,137 Forumite
    I have reported direct to DVLA before and nothing happened, luckily I persuaded them to declare themeselves which they did in the end, but now we are at the year point and they are reapplying - I had done all the forms but apparently they were wrong as I was honest about their "memory" issues

No idea what else I can do
    2007 £1749
    2008 £291.99
    2009 JanMasscara £7.00 Feb megcabot books x 2 £20 XFactor tkts x 2 £58.00 (couldn't go though as they only phoned on day :-( ) foundation £7.99
    total so far for 09 £92.99
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport