Not Received my Gas Bill in over a year

Hi can anyone help , I changed over my Gas and Electricity from Pay as you Go to a quarterly Bill Tariff on Jan 2018 , I went several months having not received any bills and I contacted my supplier several times highlighting the issue and I sent monthly meter readings from both meters , however I have since received 3 electricity bills and still I haven't received any Gas Bill , I have noticed on my online account that my electricity has been changed from a pay as you go meter to a Standard SC meter but my Gas still shows as a PAYG meter on my account , I continue to send monthly meter readings however I still haven't received a Gas Bill , that is coming up for 14 months , am I still liable for payment to this Gas if I ever receive a bill in the near future , PLEASE HELP!!!

Comments

• CEDDARS wrote: »
    Hi can anyone help , I changed over my Gas and Electricity from Pay as you Go to a quarterly Bill Tariff on Jan 2018 , I went several months having not received any bills and I contacted my supplier several times highlighting the issue and I sent monthly meter readings from both meters , however I have since received 3 electricity bills and still I haven't received any Gas Bill , I have noticed on my online account that my electricity has been changed from a pay as you go meter to a Standard SC meter but my Gas still shows as a PAYG meter on my account , I continue to send monthly meter readings however I still haven't received a Gas Bill , that is coming up for 14 months , am I still liable for payment to this Gas if I ever receive a bill in the near future , PLEASE HELP!!!

It may be that you are not on the national grid, this happened to my ex was giving gas meter readings but never billed for over 5 years, he had to get a gas certificate when he sold his property but the same company just gave him a new account number and still did not charge him for the previous usage. Call the national grid and check your property is registered.
  • Robin9
    Robin9 Posts: 12,095 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Write to them - no phone, no email - letter headed COMPLAINT.
    Never pay on an estimated bill
  • Ectophile
    Ectophile Posts: 7,328 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Are you confident that the lack of bills is the supplier's fault? If so, then you can take advantage of the back billing rule https://www.uswitch.com/gas-electricity/guides/energy-back-billing/ which means that any gas you used more than 12 months ago is effectively free. And the longer it goes on, the more free gas you get.

But that only applies to a supplier's error. If, for example, you failed to give them correct billing details, then you could still be hit by a big bill.
    If it sticks, force it.
    If it breaks, well it wasn't working right anyway.
  • tacpot12
    tacpot12 Posts: 7,957 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    You need to save the money for these bills until you are absolutely certain there you are not liable to pay them.
    The comments I post are my personal opinion. While I try to check everything is correct before posting, I can and do make mistakes, so always try to check official information sources before relying on my posts.
  • dogshome
    dogshome Posts: 3,877 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    How are you now paying the supplier - Direct Debit or on receipt of bills?, and if D/Debit does this include an amount for the gas?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure