Music Magpie - Warning

Comments

• What an absolute disgrace. I sent a phone, a ps3 and some games. Supposed to be same day payment. Delivered on the Thursday morning, nothing happens until Friday. Obviously not same day. First they say there were scratches on the screen (there were no scratches and it had a screen protector on at all times and in a wallet case) and took £50 off the value. Then when I begrudgingly accepted nothing happened for 4 days so I went on chat and was asked if I sent the PS3. Yes I did, well apparently they have lost it (I do not believe a word of that) and they would now need to start an investigation which will take 48 hours. Called up to speak to a manager, apparently their managers are mutes who cannot take calls, but was told nothing I could do and wait for the investigation. After some back and forth, he spoke to his mute manager to must have used smoke signals to say he will bypass the investigation and make payment. No email or anything to say they could not locate the PS3 and they just do not give a damn. Scamming company. I would rather throw the lot in the river than deals with these charlatans again. -100 stars would be too good for these idiots.
  • Are the MM prices ever better than if you ebayed it? The hassle probably isn't much different, you're cutting out the middle man. All the phones I've sold on ebay reached very high prices, much more than I'd be willing to pay!
  • Just Joined this forum to echo the comments from previous posters,

I sent an immaculate iMac for sale £230. Received an email offering me £44 due to a damaged case.

When I queried the damage I was sent pictures of a bent up computer. And asked to prove it wasn’t damaged in that way when I sent it. I had pictures of the basics (screen / keyboard / mouse / packaging etc..) however none of the metal back. Therefore claim was refused.

I have had the item returned however the mouse was not included and I am now left with a knackered computer and no compensation. Absolutely disgusting that they have done this and had the cheek to relinquish any responsibility. I didn’t bother with eBay as it this seemed like less hassle, however I couldn’t have been more wrong.

I wish I had read some of the reviewers here first. My advice would be to avoid at all costs, however if you insist on using them, ensure you photograph absolutely everything, even the unimaginable damage, as I am sure they will come up with new ways to vandalise people’s goods to get a better price.
  • Silvertabby
    Silvertabby Posts: 9,011 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    We tried to sell some cds on mm. Most didn't register, and the rest only rated 20p each. We gave the whole lot to a charity shop.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 30 August 2018 at 8:39AM
    RyanPym wrote: »
    Just Joined this forum to echo the comments from previous posters,

I sent an immaculate iMac for sale £230. Received an email offering me £44 due to a damaged case.

When I queried the damage I was sent pictures of a bent up computer. And asked to prove it wasn’t damaged in that way when I sent it. I had pictures of the basics (screen / keyboard / mouse / packaging etc..) however none of the metal back. Therefore claim was refused.

I have had the item returned however the mouse was not included and I am now left with a knackered computer and no compensation. Absolutely disgusting that they have done this and had the cheek to relinquish any responsibility. I didn’t bother with eBay as it this seemed like less hassle, however I couldn’t have been more wrong.

I wish I had read some of the reviewers here first. My advice would be to avoid at all costs, however if you insist on using them, ensure you photograph absolutely everything, even the unimaginable damage, as I am sure they will come up with new ways to vandalise people’s goods to get a better price.

Why would you not use facebook to put it on 1 of the selling groups.
  • JReacher1
    JReacher1 Posts: 4,652 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    RyanPym wrote: »
    Just Joined this forum to echo the comments from previous posters,

Why do you think music magpie would deliberately damage your iMac? It makes no business sense at all. Much more likely is that there was an issue with how you sent it.
  • JReacher1 wrote: »
    Why do you think music magpie would deliberately damage your iMac? It makes no business sense at all. Much more likely is that there was an issue with how you sent it.

Do any of the posts on here promote the idea that they have any business sense?

They sound like a bunch of unscrupulous thieves to me and spiteful ones at that.
  • kay0601
    kay0601 Posts: 76 Forumite
    I've sold three lots of cds and dvds. Don't get a huge amount for them but pennies are better than nothing. Also sold them a pile of 360 games with no issues so I'd use again. Maybe not for a phone given these reviews though
  • Music Magpie have ripped me off as well, Again they said my phone was valued at £127. The phone was as good as new but I had a free upgrade to an S9 so I thought why not. The phone had a protective screen PLUS a folding case so it was spotless. On receipt MM all of a sudden said it was badly scratched and sent a close up pic of the phone, NO way was this sent out like this and they offered me £70. They are absolute rip off merchants do not use them under any circumstances unless you want to be ripped off.
  • Tallaght
    Tallaght Posts: 1,632 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    You would be better off walking into your local CEX store.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback