IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

UKPC ticket appealed then ignored - now with DRP possible court action?

Hello everyone,

Read the stickies, and seen the news about UKPC being banned from the DVLA database but I have already given them some of my info via an appeal.

Back in Feb 2018, I received a parking charge in basement car park for not having my permit on display (it was being made up for me by facilities at the time). The fine was £100 or £60 if paid within 14 days. I told facilities about this and they instructed me to appeal to the UKPC which I did after about 21 days, explaining the situation. They eventually got back to me a few weeks later saying the charge was correctly issued but they'd accept £15 as a "gesture of good will". I still wasn't pleased about this and decided to ignore them from that moment on.

I understand and respect the permit system but I was hoping for some leniency to be shown on this occasion given the fact I am actually entitled to park in my bay, and it's not like I was parking in someone else's.

Anyway, I've now received a letter from Debt Recovery Plus saying that their client UKPC is instructing them to collect the debt and if I don't settle £160 they will recommend to their client that they take court action against me.

What should I now do?

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,439 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Read post #4 of the NEWBIES thread & ignore them. Come back if UKPC try court.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Mr_Mango
    Mr_Mango Posts: 39 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Cool will do. What's the likelihood of them actually commencing legal action against me? Is there anything I can proactively do try and prepare for anything? Not going to lie I am a wee bit shook by the letter but I'm prepared to see this one out!
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Nothing you should do - you should be ignoring them!!
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,439 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Mr_Mango wrote: »
    Cool will do. What's the likelihood of them actually commencing legal action against me?
    Can't say, but they do try court and we do see almost every poster win. No risk.
    Is there anything I can proactively do try and prepare for anything?
    Read lots of other residential 'own space' threads including those by:

Daniel san

and

hairray

and why not contact the managing agent and tell them their rogue parking firm has been banned by the DVLA for a second time, showing their level and meaning they can't get data from the DVLA at all. So they'd now be as useful as a chocolate teapot, if the site really did have a problem with trespassers, and when are they going to end the contract?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/uk-parking-control-dvla-suspension-misuse-of-data-a8325941.html

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2018/04/ukpc-banned-by-dvla.html

Remind the MA that they remain liable at all times, for the actions of their agents and this is the second time that UKPC have been banned since 2015, once for forging photo evidence and now it seems for 'data misuse' which the MA will know after GDPR comes in this month, could make them liable for a fine.

Then ask if they will step in to cancel the one you have and take roust action to get rid of the useless parking firm who are simply harassing residents.

For inspiration for wording when complaining to the MA, read the two thread I said (go find them).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,022 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    You should have told the MA to pay their stupid contractor their goodwill fee as this was not your fault.

Ignore DRP they are liars.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    As you already know, DRP are just pointless timewasters
    who are powerless. Let these scam junkies waste
    their own time AND IGNORE DRP

As UKPC are going to have a lot of spare time on
    their hands now due to the ban. they will no doubt
    will become pro-active with the info they have

UKPC and the legals they use are very dodgy at the
    best of times, just ignore the DRP nomads and if UKPC
    decide on court action, come back here for help
  • Mr_Mango
    Just thought I'd provide an update:
    Have received 3 letters from DRP now, the final one saying that this is my final chance to pay the £160 before they advise their client UKPA to take legal action.
    Be lying if I said I wasn't scared at this point. Do I persist and refuse to pay? At what point should I be concerned. As I understand it UKPA can no longer access the DVLA database so can't prove that I am the registered keeper of the vehicle (even though I told them when I initially tried to appeal). They don't have my full time address either, only this apartment which is where I stay during the week.
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Post 2 on this thread still covers this completely - read it again!

If UKPC do eventually chance their arm, the Post Two if the Newbies Sticky tells you what to do.
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,022 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Mr_Mango wrote: »
    Just thought I'd provide an update:
    Have received 3 letters from DRP now, the final one saying that this is my final chance to pay the £160 before they advise their client UKPA to take legal action.
    Be lying if I said I wasn't scared at this point. Do I persist and refuse to pay? At what point should I be concerned. As I understand it UKPA can no longer access the DVLA database so can't prove that I am the registered keeper of the vehicle (even though I told them when I initially tried to appeal). They don't have my full time address either, only this apartment which is where I stay during the week.

For goodnes sake get a grip, you are not reading this right at all, you are confusing things, even quoting a different ppc now!

DRP can't do anything they are no win no fee scammers, if they give up they get nothing do you really think they recommend court action?

The banning of UKPC is immaterial they already have your details don't they.

What did the MA say when you told them to sort out their useless contractors stupid "goodwill payment"?
  • Mr_Mango
    I know I know I am being probably over thinking it!
    I've never told the MA (which I'm guessing is UKPC) to stick their £15 payment, as it was only valid for 35 days and I took the decision to simply ignore it - was that a mistake?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback