Poundland Bargain Thread -

Options

Comments

• redagila
    redagila Posts: 6,300 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Doc N - I bet you enjoyed the research!!
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,270 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    redagila wrote: »
    Doc N - I bet you enjoyed the research!!

It was a struggle........but somebody had to do it. :)
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Doc_N wrote: »
    Too much research here! :rotfl:
    Which I would appreciate dearly if the generic chocolate hobnobs at both Lidl and Aldi weren't like crack cocaine to me ;)

An affordable addiction at less than 60p for a ?300g pack.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • LouLou
    LouLou Posts: 2,135 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 11 May 2018 at 9:26PM
    Options
    Argyle Street, Glasgow, at the Homeware/Kitchen section: 8" Glass Cake Stand, £1
    2938756.jpg
    Whisky/Drink Glass Decanters, £1
    2938756.jpg
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,270 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    VfM4meplse wrote: »
    Which I would appreciate dearly if the generic chocolate hobnobs at both Lidl and Aldi weren't like crack cocaine to me ;)

An affordable addiction at less than 60p for a ?300g pack.

I'd agree wholeheartedly with that! Amazingly good value, much nicer (and cheaper) than the Bahlsen biscuits (genuine or not) and incredibly addictive. :whistle:
  • LouLou
    Options
    Just been in Trongate, Glasgow Poundland and they have more Kilner Handled Jars, slightly smaller at 0.4L, in pinky-red and turquoise colours.
    33785917.jpg
    Also, and I'm confident this is a fluke, as most Poundland 50p items are end-of-line - found two more Sleek "Dancing Til Dusk" Eye And Cheek Palettes and they scanned at 50p!!
    os68X3D.jpg?1
  • LouLou
    Options
    Argyle Street, Glasgow - Wings For Men 30ml EDT now £2, was £5 before Xmas - I know because I bought some and was annoyed to find it cheaper on Amazon when I got home! It still didn't seem to have been moved from its original "home" at the £1 Mens' scents/body sprays either!
    2939514.jpg
    Lots of Home items for 50p when you walk in the door, Pot Pourri, Candles, etc, got these two in Ceramic Bowls
    2939514.jpg
    Also Fruit Winders Doubles x 6 Rolls in Strawberry And Blackcurrant flavour, £1.
    33793373.jpg
    No receipt unfortunately - the self-service machine I used didn't produce one, and it was nearly closing (9pm tonight).
  • LouLou
    edited 16 May 2018 at 9:27PM
    Options
    TIGI Whipped Foundation, 28.35g, Shades #1, #2, #3, #4, £1 from Union Street, Glasgow, they had all four shades.
    2940839.jpg
    https://www.skincarebyalana.com/tigi-cosmetics-whipped-foundation.html has illustrations of all shades and says,
    "Tigi Whipped Foundation is a great oil free light coverage foundation. For normal to oily skin types, this mineral-based foundation is lightweight and finishes as a powder! This amazing oil-free formula is so light and airy, it's hard to believe how great your skin looks and feels! Tigi Whipped Foundation comes in four matte finish foundation colors with Green Tea that acts as an Antioxidant with anti-inflammatory properties. Plus, Aloe Vera restores suppleness to skin, and Vitamins A, C & B5 are effective anti-aging anti-oxidants.
    Light coverage foundation
    For normal to oily skin"

Toni & Guy USA has this foundation for $32! https://www.shoptoniguy.com/TIGI_Makeup_Whipped_Foundation_p/217150.htm

Reviews (Assume this is the same, as Groupon US also call this Glamma foundation) https://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=51712/Glamma-whipped/TiGi/Foundations

They also have Ravenhead Essentials coloured glasses for £1, no idea if they're any good but decent for those outdoor BBQs/picnics. The cardboard display describes them as "Manhattan Hiball Glasses, 33cl"QAwwLEz.jpg?1
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    LouLou wrote: »
    TIGI Whipped Foundation, 28.35g, Shades #1, #2, #3, #4, £1 from Union Street, Glasgow, they had all four shades.
    2940839.jpg
    Reviews are mixed but at this price it's worth investigating shades. I prefer lighter coverage (usually tinted moisturisers / foundation mixed with serum) as my skin gets oilier in the summer, but as I also tan easily I wonder if #4 will be dark enough. Only one way to find out!
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • LouLou
    edited 18 May 2018 at 5:43PM
    Options
    Who says lightning doesn't strike twice!

I found the Sleek palette AGAIN for 50p yesterday - the Trongate, Glasgow store also has this Clean & Clear Deep Cleansing Foam Wash 150ml (different colour to the other Foam Wash, which was in Green packaging and mentioned Salicyclic Acid).
    vOZkhan.jpg?1
    Edit: This store also has the aforementioned Cake Stands, which didn't have a barcode sticker as before, so the assistant scanned it as "Snickers" (maybe they are all barcode-less on shelves) and also kindly wrapped it up in tissue paper for me :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback