* Rocking around the Christmas Tree * - It's the 2018 Christmas Chatter Thread

Comments

• freespirit66
    freespirit66 Posts: 3,226 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Afternoon everyone, well the only things going on here are the kids and their places of work!! DS has handed in his notice and has a new job, after being virtually bullied out by his current workplace, the new job is in Oxford so 1 1/2 hours at least each way on a good run (which of course I am worrying about) and DD1 has just been told she cant apply for a manager job even though she has been doing it for the last 4 months for free :mad::mad: So she isn't happy now, when do we stop worrying about our kids, if ever!!!!

PEPPAPIG I am so glad your DH is home from hospital, hopefully he will recover more being surrounded by homely things and being with you my lovely!

TREASUREQUEEN ooh I didn't know about the Epsom salts and essential oils I will try that, thankyou. DD1 has made me a blend of essential oils for Fibro and I must admit they are helping. Sorry you are still surrounded by stupid, ignorant people and nothing will be done about it, it must really get you down
    #103 1p Saving Challenge Back to Front 293.94/665.95Currently Reading: Christmas at Cedarwood Lodge - Rebecca Raisin Debt Free thanks to MSE
  • StokieBecks
    StokieBecks Posts: 4,997 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Xmas Saver!
    Hi all

Glad your other half is home now Peppa. Hope he picks up now he is back in familiar surroundings.

Photography show was good, picked up a few things but no expensive impulse purchases thankfully :rotfl: didn't enjoy the train home though, normally get a direct train but they were all cancelled so had to change (which I hate) and then my connection was late so I was freezing on the platform waiting haha.

Glad the latest lot of snow wasn't around too long. Really hope that's the last of it now.
    £2 Savers Club for 2022 #12
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Vulpix belated happy birthday

Peppa glad to hear your DH is home and hopefully on the road to recovery. Being in familiar surroundings without loads of strangers about must make the world of difference.

Treasurequeen so sorry to hear your situation is no better, it seems so unfair that some people are allowed to make others a misery. Karma will out.

Well nothing Christmassy going in here, although I do keep looking at a few things then thinking 'oh, I have something for X already'

Have just had the home office finally decorated after the prev palarva, looks fab (although annoyingly the blind got damaged when we took it down, didn't notice until after I'd put it back up, its chipped some of the wooden slats, but on the window side and only slightly so going to lesve it until we have the spare room done and then see if the company can repair it). Just trying to gruadlky go through the stuff that was prev in the office now as some of it hadn't been unpacked from when we moved in and I don't want the room to be a dumping ground now it's decorated. So I'm focused on things going out rather than things coming in.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Hi everyone, nothing much to report here but I just can’t bear to see no posts for six whole days so I thought I’d better post something :D Hope everyone is ok and not too fed up with the weather, personally I can’t wait for some sunshine but every time I think it’s coming the weather changes again.

My two DDs, my sister and I are off to Yorkshire the weekend after Easter to do the Emmerdale village and studio tours. DD1 and I aren’t interested in soaps at all but my sis and DD2 are huge fans so it’ll be fun seeing them have a great time. DD2 can’t get her head around the idea of ‘sets’ so it could be an eye opener for her. It’ll be nice just to have a girlie weekend but a bit of decent weather would be a bonus.
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
  • jakes-mum
    jakes-mum Posts: 4,624 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Ahh very quiet in here

Peppa, i'm not a soap fan either, but a day out is always fun and I think it's quite interesting to see where things are made. Talking of which . . I have finally booked tickets to take DD to the Harry potter studio tour (she has become a HUGE fan in the last 6 months). DS has been loaned the money to buy a bigger bike as he can now come off a 50cc so mum and I are taking DD to the studio tour as a surprise so she gets a little something too. Couldn't get a decent time until the big school holidays mind :eek: but still! its booked and we are going :D just got to save up some pennies so she can buy some souveniers.

Re the PIP forms, I was always told by my man who comes to help me fill them in 'write as if they have no idea what your talking about because they don't.' same for ESA forms, explain everything, you can never give too much detail and don't think you have to change what you write for each section to make it interesting, repeat yourself as it adds weight to your case. 'On a good day I can walk 20 mtrs, on a bad day I can walk 5 mtrs. I have good days approximately 2 days out of 7, I have bad days approximately 5 days out of 7. Due to my 'illness name', I suffer with extreme pain in my lower back, hips, legs and feet, these issues have an accumulative affect meaning the more I walk the longer I will suffer and the more acute the pain will be, a good day will become a bad day due to over exerting myself and trying to do more than my body will allow' (obviously i've based that on my own fluctuating illness which is rediculously hard to explain to people but you get the idea lol).

Free - hope your son gets on much better at his new job, thats quite a commute but hopefully will be an amazing new career for him.
    SPC No 002 SPC(3) £285/£250 (4) £519.84/£500 (5) £768.32/£500 (6) £911.30/£600 (7) £913.23/£600 (8) £1184.82/£750 (9) £2864.04/£750 (10) £3846.25/£1000 (11) £1779.72/£1000 (12) £1596.55/£1000 (13) £1534.70/£1000 (14) £775.60/£1000 (15) £700.20/£1000 (16) £2081.34/£1000 (17) £0/£1000
  • Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    JAKESMUM that’s really useful, knowing what to put can be so difficult. I’ll store it away until DH’s PIP application is due again.
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
  • freespirit66
    freespirit66 Posts: 3,226 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Evening everyone, I cant believe it was dead for 6 days, well done PEPPA for getting it going again :D Isnt it always the way DS has been applying for jobs for months and nothing then he changed his CV and immediately got the interview for the job he was offered, now he has said yes he has about 3 more interested parties, life is so funny sometimes. I made a recipe that I was meant to make at Christmas last week :D it was an Italian Chocolate Christmas Cake and it is yummy! I will be getting the Easter decs out tomorrow and cleaning and decorating ready for the Easter Break. Has anyone got any plans for the break? My only plan is to go to the tip (very rock n roll) and then DD2, OH, and Thumper are coming over for the day on Monday. I have bought a great big leg of lamb thinking we would all have lunch on Sunday but DS is on call so it is just 3 of us, 1 of which wont eat lamb :o so I will have to look for some recipes for the amount of leftovers we will have.

TREASUREQUEEN thanks for the tip about bathing in Epsom salts and essential oils I had one sunday afternoon and it did help

STOKIEBECKS blimey I cant remember the last time I got on a train, aren't the platforms the coldest and windiest of places?

KERRI I love it when a room is freshly decorated and tidy

PEPPA oh you will have a lovely girly weekend with lots of laughs no doubt, I hope the weather warms up for you

JAKESMUM thankyou I hope DS will be happy too, I don't think he is looking at it forever but its a chance to get away from where he is now. You will love HP studios it is a fab day out

:EasterBun:easter_ba:easter_os:icotbaske
    #103 1p Saving Challenge Back to Front 293.94/665.95Currently Reading: Christmas at Cedarwood Lodge - Rebecca Raisin Debt Free thanks to MSE
  • StokieBecks
    StokieBecks Posts: 4,997 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Xmas Saver!
    Jakesmum just an advance warning make sure you have double the amount of spending pennies to take to Harry Potter Land than you think you could ever possibly need and if possible take your own food with you. It is extortionately dear inside the shop (a little wand pen was £11) we did love it as a one off experience but not sure I feel the need to repeat the day out. Oh also my personal recommendation is don't faff with the audio guides. We used them as we won tickets and they included them but whilst the audio is interesting i found the devices such a pain to use and kept ending up playing the wrong bits as the screen kept jumping itself to parts. Maybe I just had a dodgy one :rotfl:

Not much to report here. Am off work next week. Was due to be off all this weekend too but agreed to do a little bit extra on Saturday for them. Silly me!

Hopefully going Llandudno one day in hols as feel am due a visit to the lovely chocolate shop there. Also got afternoon tea booked locally on the Thursday which was a birthday gift from my friend last year but haven't had chance until now to use it.
    £2 Savers Club for 2022 #12
  • jakes-mum
    jakes-mum Posts: 4,624 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Oooo thank you for that Stockie! I shall make sure to pack some food, We took both kids to Hamleys before, £40 for a light up wand :eek: i'm sure that will be coming with us to the studio (and I bet I know who will end up carrying it once the novelty wears off :rotfl: ) Was saying to DH i'd better start saving now for the 'wants'! Bless her, she rarely asks for things (she's not overly materialistic tbh) so I shall not worry about a little bit of Potter splurging :rotfl: and i'm sure Gran will also feel the need to buy her something :rotfl:

Did I wish Vulpix a happy birthday? I think I forgot! Happy Birthday Vulpix!! :D
    SPC No 002 SPC(3) £285/£250 (4) £519.84/£500 (5) £768.32/£500 (6) £911.30/£600 (7) £913.23/£600 (8) £1184.82/£750 (9) £2864.04/£750 (10) £3846.25/£1000 (11) £1779.72/£1000 (12) £1596.55/£1000 (13) £1534.70/£1000 (14) £775.60/£1000 (15) £700.20/£1000 (16) £2081.34/£1000 (17) £0/£1000
  • vulpix
    vulpix Posts: 2,303 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Thank You all for Birthday wishes. It all seems such a long time ago now.

Life has been getting in the way again for me.MIL was rushed into hospital.We were told she had sepsis and to expect the worst.She has only gone and rallied and we will be taking her home tomorrow.Talk about a roller coaster.

I would love to got to HP world,wizard not sauce lol.I might suggest it to DD1.

I have very slowly been making some new sittingroom curtains.The material is so heavy,I am aching tonight.They should be finished tomorrow.

All family including step son and new GF coming for lunch on Saturday.Something nice to look forward to.

Is Mr P home yet Peppa?

Wishing you all and all your families a lovely Easter. Vxxx
     :
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills