Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Comments

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    fuzzgun19 wrote: »
    Did you go in to order or can you do it online? They don't deliver do they...

Ordered instore, only 15 minutes wait.

They have a phone number for each store on their website so assume you could phone and order?

HTH

Anon
  • Anon
    Blinking wasps are out in force - minus one who decided to attack and sting me, so that is the end of him :(.

Anon
  • Enterprise_1701C
    Enterprise_1701C Posts: 23,409 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Anon wrote: »
    Blinking wasps are out in force - minus one who decided to attack and sting me, so that is the end of him :(.

Anon

I don't like wasps, vicious little blighters. Have to admit I have not seen many this year. Was enjoying watching the bees whilst we were having dinner though, we have some cornflowers on the outside table and they absolutely love them :D
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • Tinyshoes
    Tinyshoes Posts: 29,014 Forumite

Anon

Ouch!!!!!!
  • Tinyshoes
    Tinyshoes Posts: 29,014 Forumite
    I don't like wasps, vicious little blighters. Have to admit I have not seen many this year. Was enjoying watching the bees whilst we were having dinner though, we have some cornflowers on the outside table and they absolutely love them :D

We have not seen many either, and also I haven't seen any ants, usually we get them in our porch, but last year they were coming in the kitchen so we finally resorted to Nippon rather than the Borax/sugar mix Mr TS was concocting other years. Also put an ant trap outside with it in in line with where we they were coming into the kitchen and that's the last we have seen of them for over a year. Hope I haven't spoke to soon.

DD on the other hand in the shared house she is in has them in her first floor bedroom. :eek: She just text me to say the ants are feasting so hopefully the Nippon will do the trick for her too. Unfortunately her landlady has had them downstairs all year but just glues up the holes where they were crawling out of, so hasn't actually eradicated them. :(
  • Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 8 July 2018 at 9:29PM
    LANGO1966 wrote: »
    12 items (9 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda Morrisons
    1x Nestle Shreddies MAX Protein Crunchy Oat Granola (400g) £2.49 N/A
    2x Loyd Grossman Bolognese Pasta Sauce (660g) £5.36 £4.00
    1x ASDA 8 Fizzy Pop Ice Lollies (8x55ml) £1.00 N/A
    2x Mission Deli Original Mini Wraps (6pk) £1.50 N/A
    1x Belvita Breakfast Biscuits Milk & Cereals (225g) £2.50 £1.00
    1x Carte D'Or Classic Vanilla Ice Cream Dessert (1l) £2.00 £2.00
    1x ASDA Fresh Double Cream (300ml) £0.95 £1.07
    1x Snickers Bar 7 Pack (7x41.7) £1.50 N/A
    1.15x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (per kg) £0.87 £0.87
    1x Belvita Breakfast Biscuits Fruit & Multigrain (225g) £2.50 £1.00
    1x Young's Breaded Scampi (220g) £2.00 £3.00
    1x Pizza Express Original Dough Balls with Garlic Butter Dip (200g) £3.00 N/A
    3x Birds Eye Inspirations 2 Fish Chargrills with Tomato & Herb (300g) £10.50 £10.50
    1x Clover Light Spread (500g) £1.00 £1.00
    Comparison total (compared products only) £27.68 £24.44
    +£3.24 cheaper
    For your information:

Hopeless - the Max Granola clearly is in M at £1.50 and it looks like A has put its price up too:(. They didn't pick up the Bubblegum Lollies either, although they are the same volume in A and M but M uses their weight instead on the SELs:(. I am being too good at linking A and M products up - although I can talk as I lost the Mission Deli Wraps in M several weeks ago:rotfl:. Better price in T anyway now (and could have gone up to full price in M before vanishing completely for me as I had no SELs last time I did have them).

To be fair though, I am picking on the 'dodgy' things here and I've seen quite a number of items recently on the APG that have picked up M and at what I believe to be the correct price. They had even started to pick up the 4 Spiral Scourers vs M's Steel Scourers at £1 in M; however Home Bargains (seemingly intermittently of late at my specific store) has a 3 pack at 39p. However the 6 pack toilet rolls had also gone back to comparing against M at double size £2:( - although that was a couple of weeks ago (a womble turning up late but not too late in the day) and I hope they have dropped off again. M now has an 18:eek: pack that works out cheaper than A's straight price on other pack sizes, given that T went OOS and no longer offers a comparable version so 10% off same price has been lost for non-discount card users:mad:. So in general the APG does work as we won't be buying anything silly like toilet rolls in A anyway and, folks, don't let this make you think M is more risky than it is.

Not the Dolmio 500g sauces though:(. They were picking up M at £1 earlier in the week but are now (obviously from last Wednesday's collection) picking up M at £1.78:(:(. I was liking them as they keep on buying them, at 2 for £2.50:wall: in A, but that was still helping as the mbuy price was more expensive than the straight £1. Unfortunately, they are continuing to buy them - always unnecessary 2 for £1.50:wall::mad: rather than just one at full price, or what should be unnecessary (as they insist on buying them before their last day) had M continued to be picked up at £1 - I am no longer liking them anymore and it is not helping at £1.25 vs £1.78 each:(.
  • fuzzgun19
    fuzzgun19 Posts: 7,767 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 8 July 2018 at 10:28PM
    What a con Greggs sandwiches are!

10_CD144_E-_E807-4_E15-9741-1958_E793_B847.jpg

Maybe I should have a moan on social media, I might get a voucher out of them :rotfl::rotfl:
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
  • Anon
    We have loads of wasps and ants :(.

The ant powder seems to work for a bit.

We may have to take on the wasps nesting in the garden :eek:.

We have left them up to now as they weren't bothering us - but both me and Mrs Anon have been stung this week and Little Anons go out in the garden (when we can get them off computers/iPads).

Anon
  • michaels
    michaels Posts: 28,003 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    BellaI vouchers worked on takeout :cool: Go to their website first and register your email for a 50% off voucher code for pizza/pasta (search Google for Bella I takeaway 50 off) ... though it doubles how long it will take to spend them :D.

HTH

Anon
    We have dealt with the bella/caferouge vouchers but still have a fair amount of the Mitchell and butlers so need a good 241 or 50% off offer to use them on - anyone?

fuzzgun19 wrote: »
    What a con Greggs sandwiches are!

10_CD144_E-_E807-4_E15-9741-1958_E793_B847.jpg

Maybe I should have a moan on social media, I might get a voucher out of them :rotfl::rotfl:
    Been eating g's for lunch solidly at work for the last 4 months but still it seems the month will run out before we have used them all up. Am thinking of standing outside the store one lunch hour offering people half price sarnies for cash....

We were out all day, got home and it was 29.7 indoors, opened all the doors and windows and put all the fans on but it just moved round the hot air that was just as hot outside as in.
    I think....
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Good Morning :hello:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport