Made redundant but pensions not paid.

Hi all

I was made redundant on 13/12/2019. Although there are a lot of small details associated with that, I'll not cover those at this time.

I took redundancy because I knew that the company had been struggling for some time and I preferred to get out with a chance of being paid before they potentially went under. I have since found out from Companies House that the company entered a CVA on the 18/12/2019. This was just five days after I ceased to be employed.

Remarkably, I DID get paid all my outstanding monies on the 23/12/2019 and I was able to extract a final pay slip and P45 from the company email system that was inexplicably still available to me remotely on 04/01/2020.

However, I have five month's worth of pension contributions that have been deducted from my salary but not paid over to the pension provider. Where do I go now to ensure these are paid?

The pension provider has been worse than useless. Despite pensions being paid late consistently for almost three years they would only ever advise that they might take action if they remained outstanding for more than four consecutive months. Do I waste my time with them?

Do I approach ACAS with a view to bringing an EAT claim? Do I contact the CVA supervisor bearing in mind I stopped working for the company before the CVA was ratified or do I go straight to small claims? Indeed, are any of these options viable now the CVA has been approved?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Complaint to the pension regulator by the looks of it.
    ::A
  • Complaint to the pension regulator by the looks of it.

I've done that in the past to circumvent the slow response from the pension provider. All I received was a blunt response that said the regulators would not intervene until they had concerns raised by the provider. That was despite fulfilling all the criteria for complaint on the regulator's online form.

Thanks for the suggestion, though. I may try it again now that I'm no longer part of the pension scheme even though my ex-employer has not fully paid me up. For example, how do I go about transferring the pension to another provider considering I have outstanding contributions? It would be worth questioning that at least.:beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure