What's happened to Samsung laptop

Comments

• EveryWhere
    EveryWhere Posts: 3,249 Forumite
    carl1974 wrote: »
    Doesnt sound good like the previous poster said no moving parts so if something is clicking may more than the battery was dropped think you need to speak with your offspring...! feel free to pm me for further info/troubleshooting

Why would they need to PM you?
  • that
    that Posts: 1,532 Forumite
    edited 10 October 2019 at 2:22AM
    that wrote: »
    what I would do is remove the battery, mains power too, remove the ssd, Then hold the power button down in an attempt to discharge everything.

I would then not put the battery back, but use mains.

I'd probably not in the first instance put the ssd back and then switch it on and wait. If it works and becomes responsive to the keyboard would then put the ssd back in

Think something else is clicking?
    Have you done this? Please note with no ssd, it may take longer to start up due to it timing out, think the time to wait will be under 5 mins.

To be honest i am asking myself was the laptop switched on when the battery dropped out? was the laptop running off battery at that time? Did the battery on losing connection spark and either fry or corrupt something?

if you had a keyboard an a screen, possibly putting it on could be beneficial as the screen should hopefully not be pink, and the external keyboard may work.?

since there is no model number, and looking through your old posts, is this a samsung chromebook, or a real laptop?
  • EveryWhere wrote: »
    Why would they need to PM you?
    Just offering assistance
    IT Support
    facebook.com/ckcomser
  • EveryWhere
    carl1974 wrote: »
    Just offering assistance

So assist on the open forum, so that others can benefit from the correct solution, as I have.
  • EveryWhere
    that wrote: »
    Have you done this? Please note with no ssd, it may take longer to start up due to it timing out, think the time to wait will be under 5 mins.

To be honest i am asking myself was the laptop switched on when the battery dropped out? was the laptop running off battery at that time? Did the battery on losing connection spark and either fry or corrupt something?

if you had a keyboard an a screen, possibly putting it on could be beneficial as the screen should hopefully not be pink, and the external keyboard may work.?

since there is no model number, and looking through your old posts, is this a samsung chromebook, or a real laptop?

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=6057066#13
  • carl1974
    carl1974 Posts: 20 Forumite
    EveryWhere wrote: »
    So assist on the open forum, so that others can benefit from the correct solution, as I have.
    Yes sir .....
    IT Support
    facebook.com/ckcomser
  • that wrote: »

please see post 13 and this is a real laptop lol
  • Hi all thanks for all you help so far its still pink so changed the setting back and it now like the first pic. Think im going to have to take it to the shop to have a look (more money).
  • EveryWhere
    john240870 wrote: »
    Hi all thanks for all you help so far its still pink so changed the setting back and it now like the first pic. Think im going to have to take it to the shop to have a look (more money).

I already told you what to do. Taking it to a shop is likely to be a waste of money.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/USB-3-0-2-5-Inch-Hard-Drive-Enclosure-SATA-HDD-SSD-Caddy-Case-For-LAPTOP-PC-UK/233311294096
  • EveryWhere wrote: »
    I already told you what to do. Taking it to a shop is likely to be a waste of money.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/USB-3-0-2-5-Inch-Hard-Drive-Enclosure-SATA-HDD-SSD-Caddy-Case-For-LAPTOP-PC-UK/233311294096
    Hi thanks I understand taking it to a shop is a waste of money but im completely a IT idiot and don't know what im doing. i need to try and get all the data of this ssd and on to a new one i have the old hdd. Will I be able to take out the ssd and plug the hdd in will it come straight on or will I need to change settings?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure