Baby steps to mortgage freedom for beanielou.

Comments

• milann
    milann Posts: 10,576 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    You are so close Beanie - here's to reduced payments on the mortgage. Makes perfect sense to me to get the payments as low as you can in the long term :money::money:
    January spends - £587.58
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Aw, beanie, you're getting there. And house maintenance happens when it happens - even if it sometimes happens too late, like when the mortar between my bricks collapsed to the extent that insects were living in the holes and damp was surging in. It was a faff, and had a few ramifications (remember the mould? that!) but even that was fixable. You'll be fine, you will.

xxx
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Afternoon Beanie,

As much as I know its necessary I hate paying for jobs around the house :rotfl:! Glad you are getting sorted though xx
    Mummytogirls x

• milann
    milann Posts: 10,576 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Not sure what's going on with my posts - they don't show at first so I write another only to find 1st one lurking somewhere......so folk are getting me in duplicate :eek::rotfl:
    January spends - £587.58
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,257 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    milann wrote: »
    Not sure what's going on with my posts - they don't show at first so I write another only to find 1st one lurking somewhere......so folk are getting me in duplicate :eek::rotfl:

That's because you are awesome :j :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou
    I have been very lucky today.
    Someone bought me some localy grown strawberries and wow thay are just awesome :drool: :drool:
    I also had a home grown potato as a baked potato for lunch with beans which was also gifted.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Sounds a lovely day Beanie

Amazing news on the payment but I hope you haven't left yourself to short and you can manage.

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • beanielou
    Sounds a lovely day Beanie

Amazing news on the payment but I hope you haven't left yourself to short and you can manage.

x

So do I!!
    No coffee out this month & lots of NSD's I think.
    Turned down an invitation today.
    Some of my friends just dont get this hard up malarky:o:o

• doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,746 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    strawberries sound nice :)
    the house stuff is scary sometimes but you will get there
    have a good day beanie :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • lindez
    lindez Posts: 643 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Hi Beanie
    Just caught up on your diary, you are doing brilliantly. I have subscribed and willing you on to the end of your mortgage and loan. x
    MFWB#2
    MFTT5 #28
    Save 12k 2020 #111
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family