Fly lolo

ads52
ads52 Posts: 10 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Hi

I was booked on a package deal for this half term with On the beach that included flights with Flylolo. Those flights have now been cancelled but on the beach are taking forever to tell me my options.. Can I assume that I will get a refund and book a new holiday with someone else as each day that passes the costs go up and the choice gets less.

Comments

• Westin
    Westin Posts: 5,938 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 15 October 2019 at 7:12AM
    ads52 wrote: »
    Hi

I was booked on a package deal for this half term with On the beach that included flights with Flylolo. Those flights have now been cancelled but on the beach are taking forever to tell me my options.. Can I assume that I will get a refund and book a new holiday with someone else as each day that passes the costs go up and the choice gets less.

FlyLoLo are not actually an airline. They are just a supplier of travel. The company charters ad-hoc flights and sells on the seats. The problem is they have been doing this very badly and recently often cancelling and letting passengers down at the last minute.

On The Beach are probably trying to sort this out at the moment. The issues with FlyLoLo are recent.

If On The Beach sold you an ATOL protected holiday then they will either find you an alternative flight or refund you. Your money will be safe but unfortunately no guarantee that new flights will be offered. If flights are in short supply and prices increased then they may just refund you. You would then need to find and rebook your holiday (at a higher price).

A recent thread here might be worth reading -
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=6057772
  • Voyager2002
    Voyager2002 Posts: 15,278 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    On The Beach are notorious for selling two seperate components (flight and hotel) rather than true, ATOL-protected packages. In which case even if the flights are not available you still have to pay for the hotel! Check very carefully whether or not you have a package: if not start looking around for flights that would match your hotel booking and also have a look at your travel insurance.
  • On The Beach are notorious for selling two seperate components (flight and hotel) rather than true, ATOL-protected packages.
    This is the big drawback about DIY holidays in comparison to full packages from TUI and Jet2 etc.

We saw the impact in Malta, April 2010 when the Icelandic volcano grounded flights, and the subsequent demise of Monarch and Thomas Cook.
  • On The Beach are notorious for selling two seperate components (flight and hotel) rather than true, ATOL-protected packages. In which case even if the flights are not available you still have to pay for the hotel! Check very carefully whether or not you have a package: if not start looking around for flights that would match your hotel booking and also have a look at your travel insurance.

On the Beach sell true Atol packages, but like most OTAs, they're multi contract ones. They act as the package organiser and you're entitled to the same rights as with a single contract package.

If there are no flights available, or the flights have changed significantly eg airport, day etc then you're entitled to a full refund of the price paid for the package. The elements included in the package will be detailed on the Atol certificate.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure